forum

Does resolution matter, if you're a mouse player?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pinkie_Spyy
Asking because I will soon have 1920 x 1080 monitor for a new computer, and have been playing on my old one with 1600 x 900, the native resolution.

From what I've read, it seems to only affect tablet players since it affects their area of movement with the tablet, but does it matter at all for a mouse player with the same settings they've always had? (except for the resolution?)

Thank you!
Volcanism
If you play with a 1920x1080 resolution, you'll have to move your cursor further to reach the circles than you would have had to with your old resolution. However, the circles will be larger so that may make it easier for you hit them.

At the end of the day, resolution is just preference and if you feel you can't reach the circles; either increase your DPI or reduce your resolution.
Topic Starter
Pinkie_Spyy

Volcanism wrote:

If you play with a 1920x1080 resolution, you'll have to move your cursor further to reach the circles than you would have had to with your old resolution. However, the circles will be larger so that may make it easier for you hit them.

At the end of the day, resolution is just preference and if you feel you can't reach the circles; either increase your DPI or reduce your resolution.
Alright, thank you!

Just to be 100% clear, you mean, I'd have to move the cursor more distance- so that means i'd have to move the mouse more distance?

It seems like a dumb question, but I found when changing my resolution from larger to smaller resolutions and back in 3D games didn't really affect how much I had to move my mouse in those- but in osu!, it would actually affect the physical distance I would need to move the mouse to get somewhere?
Volcanism

Pinkie_Spyy wrote:

Just to be 100% clear, you mean, I'd have to move the cursor more distance- so that means i'd have to move the mouse more distance?
Yeah, you'd have to physically move your mouse further (sorry for not making that clear before).
Topic Starter
Pinkie_Spyy

Volcanism wrote:

Pinkie_Spyy wrote:

Yeah, you'd have to physically move your mouse further (sorry for not making that clear before).
naw it's alright! Thank you for answering my question!
Endaris
Resolution is not only important for your mousemovement but also for your eye-movement.
Playing at a smaller resolution in windowed mode will make it easier to keep track of the whole map without having to move your eyeballs as much and make use of your peripheral vision.
ZenithPhantasm
I Give Up
I change res depend on circle size and jump.