show more
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

Soon :)
Ok :P

Edit: The new layout is awesome :D
Slainv
Hey =)

I am working hard on a new layout helper for people. Thanks to RosaToppar and jojajim2 for their help :p

Now, here is my main gripe with the stars :

The stars do not react properly to the team names, and even with the Es evened out, and only a BO11 (which is not THAT uncommon) it crops.

Aside of this, it looks awesome :3
-Tochi
i have a problem:

The osu windows overlaps with each other :/
It works fine if the team size is other than 2...

I Should probably not post this here lol.
Trosk-

-Tochi wrote:

i have a problem:

The osu windows overlaps with each other :/
It works fine if the team size is other than 2...

I Should probably not post this here lol.
I can confirm this. It should be fixed.

And yeah, this should be posted on cutting edge problems thread i guess. I just did it.
-Tochi

Trosk- wrote:

And yeah, this should be posted on cutting edge problems thread i guess. I just did it.
Thanks! :D

Also, how can I update the problem? Because i tried to see if it were fixed, but it wasn't.
Trosk-

-Tochi wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

Thanks! :D

Also, how can I update the problem? Because i tried to see if it were fixed, but it wasn't.
It should be fixed for the next updates i guess...
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix TeamSize 2 windows overlapping. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150527cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo

Slainv wrote:

Hey =)

I am working hard on a new layout helper for people. Thanks to RosaToppar and jojajim2 for their help :p

Now, here is my main gripe with the stars :

The stars do not react properly to the team names, and even with the Es evened out, and only a BO11 (which is not THAT uncommon) it crops.

Aside of this, it looks awesome :3
I've talked to the team about this and we are going to displace the names and stars off-center to fix this issue. I'm a little busy right now but I should be able to get it done very soon.
Slainv
No problem =) You'll see the layout I did for the QCUP finals tomorrow... with another surprise.
I don't like the "grey layer" on top of the upper part, but otherwise it has been a very nice layout to work with =)

I'll go to work on the layout helper then =)
Trosk-
I don't know if this is the perfect place to post this.. Maybe i should've posted this on requests..
Is just to suggest to change the resolution of the osu! windows on toruney client to 16:9 when TeamSize is 2. It looks really weird to have 4:3 windows on 2v2 while having half of the client empty.

Actual 2v2:

2v2 i suggest (this is just an example):

Thank you :P

Seems like anyone saw this :<
Slainv
Actually a quite nice suggestion =)
~me gusta~
Just to post the work made for the QCUP

So when making layouts for the client, go crazy ;)
Trosk-

Slainv wrote:

Actually a quite nice suggestion =)
~me gusta~
Just to post the work made for the QCUP

So when making layouts for the client, go crazy ;)
It's a really nice layout :P Was a bit unfortunate that the streamer didn't have the correct fonts.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Hey all, just a quick update that I've updated the design as per suggestions in this thread and discussions within the team. Visit the latest changelog entries to find out exactly what was adjusted. The following are screenshots of the new layout:

Although I believe there is no documentation on adding your own flags (will update the osu!tourney manual soon), the flags are vertically centered:

Lastly, if anyone is experiencing any issues with the osu!tourney client, please let me know ASAP, whether by email to tournaments@ppy.sh (will be forwarded to me) or by PM. The CWC is over and I have to wait for MWC for any official feedback.
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

Lastly, if anyone is experiencing any issues with the osu!tourney client, please let me know ASAP, whether by email to tournaments@ppy.sh (will be forwarded to me) or by PM. The CWC is over and I have to wait for MWC for any official feedback.
You will know if there is any problem ;)

Btw, is there any way to implement the gray box with the annotation on the tourney client that we use? Thank you.

Edit: Resolved via PM with smoogipooo.
Trosk-
I think this doesn't have much importance but why are there two "Acronym" options on tournament.cfg? Thanks

Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Only "acronym" is ever/has ever been used.
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

Only "acronym" is ever/has ever been used.
Ok, I don't know why I have two :/
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
I've pushed an update which should bring with it a bit better performance, let me know if something awry happens.
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

I've pushed an update which should bring with it a bit better performance, let me know if something awry happens.
It's a bit complicated since almost all people got kicked from the Tournament Staff group. Anyways, I'll send feedback to you once I get access again :P
Jim
My tournament staff seems to be having some issues with accessing the tournament server. We are able to access the tourney server via the stable client, but when we try to switch to cutting edge we get the notice that our accounts haven't been verified for tourney server access. The names of our organizers (Jim, lalipo, osuuci dot com and Xenocidel) aren't showing up on the tournament organizers page as well. We've made contact through tournaments@ppy.sh 3 days ago but we haven't got any response yet. Any ideas on what the issue could be? For some reason as well we're unable to find any rooms with our acronym in it, which may or may not have anything to do with the connection issues we're facing.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
@Jim: I will make sure someone helps you promptly.
Jim

smoogipooo wrote:

@Jim: I will make sure someone helps you promptly.
You're a live saver, thanks so much.

Also kind of just as a bug report, the old tourney client off stable kicks people that are being spectated via it off of Bancho. The player would remain unable to log back onto Bancho until the tourney client stopped attempting to spectate their room and was shut down. We were able to replicate this bug a few times for multiple players so I don't think it was a connectivity issue on our end.
Trosk-
There is a bug with the new client. Sometimes, the client loads bold fonts for annotation and scores, instead of normal fonts.

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening, but I don't know anything yet.

First screenshot has the bold font, and second screenshot has the normal font.

Topic Starter
smoogipoo
@Jim: Will have to test since I don't believe that's possible, but there's not much I can do about it though even if it turns out to be a problem with the client.

@Trosk- I'll have to revise the font code once more since I'm aware of this problem. I think a temp fix is to install the fonts inside the template zip.
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

I think a temp fix is to install the fonts inside the template zip.
I have them installed.
Jaye
I am using the client, however I can't click on anything other than the player screens (so that means I am unable to click a room, or any of the buttons on the right).
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
@dajayeway: Does the client ever respond if you wait? Can you use the rest of your computer fine? If you have videos set up in the client try disabling them.
Trosk-
This is a minor issue, but seems like the music is always unsynchronized with the objects (not much actually) and I need to click Sync music on every map. After clicking it, they get synchronized again. It's not very important, don't worry much about it. also, I don't know if I'm the only one getting this little issue.
Arf
Not sure how this is supposed to work, but what happens to me is this:
On Stable: If I run client, it's the old version, completely different look from the new one, and if I don't use fullscreen mode, the screens do not work correctly and gather in the middle. They are also too big to fit in the little screens within the tourney client framework

On Cutting-Edge: Same problem except it happens when I DO have fullscreen mode on, screens too big and gathering in the middle.

Obvious fix is to not use fullscreen when on cutting-edge and to use it when on Stable, just wondering if this is a bug or if it's even worth fixing. I know people have had some trouble figuring this out though, so maybe it is worth.
Trosk-

rfandomization wrote:

Not sure how this is supposed to work, but what happens to me is this:
On Stable: If I run client, it's the old version, completely different look from the new one, and if I don't use fullscreen mode, the screens do not work correctly and gather in the middle. They are also too big to fit in the little screens within the tourney client framework

On Cutting-Edge: Same problem except it happens when I DO have fullscreen mode on, screens too big and gathering in the middle.

Obvious fix is to not use fullscreen when on cutting-edge and to use it when on Stable, just wondering if this is a bug or if it's even worth fixing. I know people have had some trouble figuring this out though, so maybe it is worth.
The client is not supposed to run on FullScreen afaik O_O

And the new version is not implemented on Stable yet.
BanchoBot
  1. Disallow fullscreening. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150714.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
  1. Improve Italic and Bold font handling. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150714.1cuttingedge.

Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Let me know if there's any more weirdness with the fonts :)
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

Let me know if there's any more weirdness with the fonts :)
Sure :P

One thing. I don't know if it's because this new fullscreen fix, but I went to Stable to test a thing and I got a crash from the main client. I'll leave the crashlog here.

No problems with CuttingEdge.

Crashlog
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at #jj.#mm.#Q0()
at #jj.#ij.Draw()
at #jj.#qp.Draw()
at osu.GameModes.Other.Tournament.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.Draw()
at #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )
S2VX
Hey all, I'm an organizer for the osu! UCI Summer League. Currently, all the OSL admins in our league have been granted access on the staff page. But unfortunately, I don't have access because the wrong and banned account, osuUCI was added instead of my account, osuuci dot com. I sent a message to Shirazuku through email, but I didn't get a response yet. If someone could help me out, that would be awesome, thanks!
peppy
Pleas contact the tournament email address: tournaments@ppy.sh
Crowve
Seem not to respond for me atm D:
Gaburieru-
Trosk-

Gaburieru- wrote:

would it be possible to get the client background? I would use it on my skin. It looks great :)

edit: that one --> http://puu.sh/j5dtk/f04eb151c7.jpg
This theme doesn't belong to this thread...

Anyways, that background is gonna be implemented in the next Stable build. If you want to have that background, use Beta or Cutting Edge release streams.
[Crz]Player
interesing
show more