forum

New osu!Tourney client

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
The osu!tourney manual has been updated and moved to the wiki.

Last month we revealed a new layout for the osu!Tourney client during the Taiko World Cup finals. If you missed out on the finals, you can watch it here.
Today, we are excited to announce that this layout be used for the osu!Tourney client beyond official tournaments.

Every tournament is unique so along with this client we are providing a template which you can use to customize the client if you so wish.
You have two options:
  1. Download and customize the template.
  2. Use the default background.
We want to make this process as seamless as possible, so we are giving tournament organizers two weeks to customize the template before Cutting Edge is switched to the new layout.
If this is not enough time you may use the Stable or Beta release streams.
Trosk-
Hype!
-Tochi
\:D/
-Tochi
Btw, what do u exactly mean by "customize"
Trosk-

-Tochi wrote:

I think he means that it's just a template to do your custom background, take measures and stuff
-Tochi

Trosk- wrote:

-Tochi wrote:

I think he means that it's just a template to do your custom background, take measures and stuff
Oh ok
4nime
What do u mean template?
Slainv
Nice. Might we know on the template where will be located the screens for 2, 4, 6, 8 players will be located?
Where will the map count will be? (at the place of the stars?)

Where will be the song name located? will it be truncated/wrapped for long titles?

I would love to update my designing template for proper use with the new layout, but the infos given for now are fragmentary at best.
Trosk-

Slainv wrote:

Nice. Might we know on the template where will be located the screens for 2, 4, 6, 8 players will be located?
Where will the map count will be? (at the place of the stars?)

Where will be the song name located? will it be truncated/wrapped for long titles?

I would love to update my designing template for proper use with the new layout, but the infos given for now are fragmentary at best.
I think you can see it on CWC matches.
Slainv
So we can talk about the same thing ^^

This is what I first did to help me and others create layouts for the tournament. Layers with all the places for all the stuff there is and their maxsize so designers can actually work something out.
I'll do it again with the next one, and I guess it adds to the salt I had yesterday for unrelated reasons about osu! but well.

Then again, this new design seems really nice (although I hate the stars :p layout wise they will cause me sooo much trouble). And I'll look forward to make a kickass new thing for the QCUP with it.
-Tochi

Slainv wrote:

So we can talk about the same thing ^^

This is what I first did to help me and others create layouts for the tournament. Layers with all the places for all the stuff there is and their maxsize so designers can actually work something out.
I'll do it again with the next one, and I guess it adds to the salt I had yesterday for unrelated reasons about osu! but well.

Then again, this new design seems really nice (although I hate the stars :p layout wise they will cause me sooo much trouble). And I'll look forward to make a kickass new thing for the QCUP with it.
oh nice
troke
ok, the name of Font is Exo
ok
Slainv
I wonder if it will need to be installed on the system to work.
Anyhow yeah, the first response was kinda visceral after the time I put in this. However I'll develop it again and this time will release it publicly =)

Cheers!
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
@Slainv: Out of the client layouts, the only one that might be confusing is 4 players, the rest are organized logically.
  1. 2 - Both clients fill their respective box.
  2. 4 - Client boxes are split into 2 rows, both top and bottom rows contain 1 client, clients are aligned nearest to the center of the screen (not center of the boxes).
  3. 6 - Client boxes are split into 2 rows, top row has one client, bottom row has 2 clients (pyramidal layout).
  4. 8 - All 4 corners of the client boxes will contain one client.
All clients are laid out side-by-side (i.e. no borders, hence the black boxes in the template), as per the video I linked in the OP or what is currently visible in CWC: http://www.twitch.tv/osulive.

Map count *is* the stars.

Song name is right under the stars, no truncation for now. Didn't realize this wasn't in the template but it's not too big of a deal.

The font is found inside the template, it does not need to be installed on the machines running the client to work.

If you complete your template I'd be glad to put it in the OP as a third-party template.
1th Grader
so how does this work?
troke
can i have the source of "Triangle" Style ??
Slainv
@psyducker:
The tournament client is reserved to the persons which are organising tournaments/streaming them, it is not a public release (for now at least). If you would like access you can mail tournaments@ppy.sh with your project (basically why you should be given access).

@-Troke-:
You can find my (old) layout helper in there with instructions. I will release the same for the new layout as soon as I can.
troke
i mean a pattern for triangle style, something like this http://puu.sh/hST5H.png (but, it's not triangle)
Slainv

-Troke- wrote:

i mean a pattern for triangle style, something like this http://puu.sh/hST5H.png (but, it's not triangle)
Look at OP, this is the "triangle style" you are looking for I believe.
LittleVX3
does this mean my mac can finally use the client? :4
Trosk-
When is the layout going to be implemented?
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Soon :)
Trosk-

smoogipooo wrote:

Soon :)
Ok :P

Edit: The new layout is awesome :D
Slainv
Hey =)

I am working hard on a new layout helper for people. Thanks to RosaToppar and jojajim2 for their help :p

Now, here is my main gripe with the stars :

The stars do not react properly to the team names, and even with the Es evened out, and only a BO11 (which is not THAT uncommon) it crops.

Aside of this, it looks awesome :3
-Tochi
i have a problem:

The osu windows overlaps with each other :/
It works fine if the team size is other than 2...

I Should probably not post this here lol.
Trosk-

-Tochi wrote:

i have a problem:

The osu windows overlaps with each other :/
It works fine if the team size is other than 2...

I Should probably not post this here lol.
I can confirm this. It should be fixed.

And yeah, this should be posted on cutting edge problems thread i guess. I just did it.
-Tochi

Trosk- wrote:

And yeah, this should be posted on cutting edge problems thread i guess. I just did it.
Thanks! :D

Also, how can I update the problem? Because i tried to see if it were fixed, but it wasn't.
Trosk-

-Tochi wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

Thanks! :D

Also, how can I update the problem? Because i tried to see if it were fixed, but it wasn't.
It should be fixed for the next updates i guess...
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix TeamSize 2 windows overlapping. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150527cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo

Slainv wrote:

Hey =)

I am working hard on a new layout helper for people. Thanks to RosaToppar and jojajim2 for their help :p

Now, here is my main gripe with the stars :

The stars do not react properly to the team names, and even with the Es evened out, and only a BO11 (which is not THAT uncommon) it crops.

Aside of this, it looks awesome :3
I've talked to the team about this and we are going to displace the names and stars off-center to fix this issue. I'm a little busy right now but I should be able to get it done very soon.
Slainv
No problem =) You'll see the layout I did for the QCUP finals tomorrow... with another surprise.
I don't like the "grey layer" on top of the upper part, but otherwise it has been a very nice layout to work with =)

I'll go to work on the layout helper then =)
Trosk-
I don't know if this is the perfect place to post this.. Maybe i should've posted this on requests..
Is just to suggest to change the resolution of the osu! windows on toruney client to 16:9 when TeamSize is 2. It looks really weird to have 4:3 windows on 2v2 while having half of the client empty.

Actual 2v2:

2v2 i suggest (this is just an example):

Thank you :P

Seems like anyone saw this :<
Slainv
Actually a quite nice suggestion =)
~me gusta~
Just to post the work made for the QCUP

So when making layouts for the client, go crazy ;)
show more