forum

New osu!Tourney client

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trosk-

DELIGHTBOT wrote:

before i saw this problem in OCT(osu! community tournament). recent recorded clip have same problem.

i think it is not only correspond to me.
This happens to one of our streamers, yes. I never had this problem, having fonts installed or not. I'm a bit curious, what OS are you using? Thanks.
SHINKiHEART

Trosk- wrote:

DELIGHTBOT wrote:

before i saw this problem in OCT(osu! community tournament). recent recorded clip have same problem.

i think it is not only correspond to me.
This happens to one of our streamers, yes. I never had this problem, having fonts installed or not. I'm a bit curious, what OS are you using? Thanks.
Windows 7, Home premium 64bit.
Trosk-

DELIGHTBOT wrote:

Windows 7, Home premium 64bit.
I think that all people I saw with this problem were using Win7...
Evrien
I have a suggestion: Can there be an option for the UI at the bottom to be moved to the side instead? Many laptop screens are 1366x768 nowadays, and if the UI could have an option for a smaller screen size that'd be really helpful. Please consider this and thanks for everything!
shARPII

Evrien wrote:

I have a suggestion: Can there be an option for the UI at the bottom to be moved to the side instead? Many laptop screens are 1366x768 nowadays, and if the UI could have an option for a smaller screen size that'd be really helpful. Please consider this and thanks for everything!
Hello Evrien,

I really don't know if this is something they want to implement or not.
This could be an idea to the problem we had (resize the whole client suggestion) and I'll ask smoogipooo to check this possibility.
However, we won't add the possibility to change the size of the windows because osu! client has a minimum height requirements so your only solution for now is to get a bigger screen.
If you have any questions, feel free to post here or pm me directly if your question is tournament-oriented.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
That sounds like a great idea. I actually had a few problems testing the osu!tourney client while I was overseas myself, with a tiny 1366x768 screen, so I can relate :<
Evrien

shARPII wrote:

Evrien wrote:

Hello Evrien,

I really don't know if this is something they want to implement or not.
This could be an idea to the problem we had (resize the whole client suggestion) and I'll ask smoogipooo to check this possibility.
However, we won't add the possibility to change the size of the windows because osu! client has a minimum height requirements so your only solution for now is to get a bigger screen.
If you have any questions, feel free to post here or pm me directly if your question is tournament-oriented.
Thanks for the quick feedback! I understand that the osu instances and the tourney screen (the part containing the osu instances and also the part you're supposed to show on stream) have a minimum height requirement, but from what I've observed it's when the entire height of the tourney control panel added that makes Windows shrink the client. I'm not expecting this to be implemented immediately within the next couple of weeks, but please consider it for future updates!

And thanks Smoogi for taking my suggestion! I'll look forward to what's next!
Tracreed
I'm not sure if this is something that just happens to me but if I change the score of a team too fast the sore will get stuck at 2, if I then right click and remove some points it will go down to 1 and if I continue to 0 and then once again the client crashes.

If this is a bug hopefully you will fix it.

Edit: And I discovered something more to this. If I click on the same room that I already am in this bug with the score happens as well.
Trosk-

Tracreed wrote:

I'm not sure if this is something that just happens to me but if I change the score of a team too fast the sore will get stuck at 2, if I then right click and remove some points it will go down to 1 and if I continue to 0 and then once again the client crashes.

If this is a bug hopefully you will fix it.
Ok, this seems to only happen if you are spectating a lobby, and not on Idle. If you change the scores too fast the main client will end up crashing. Here is the crashlog:

Crashlog
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at #=qX2XqZSegQIKGxrelmq2dGGklc2HaH2TPedPpYLWA21VmOAy6dTzPC_Gk42LPZIty.#=qFhU$X$hDp7CILS2SFYaCAg==()
at #=qX2XqZSegQIKGxrelmq2dGGklc2HaH2TPedPpYLWA21VmOAy6dTzPC_Gk42LPZIty.#=qq1maaInAYaXbbidZ8cmTK6P7gOxamci7y3k8eweKj0U=(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at #=q7RPDqn7$CzKERd$7XNgsb$8IhVl0CYTR3KRcaTnjwu8=.#=qJXmlooIiPPyVbh3vF7ntsA==(#=qEKGGjHZW2nNmdeVOdV093ci9xAURs1stlTqmsgx6JkQ= #=qcRbqaYiTt7KshGE4R7VvMA==)
at #=qtukgoHjJAu4CVndqJdhlzGEt7VX94niIHzsdE0ogY6Q=.#=qltIoDQqeNJuOQOeWyVlU_Q==(#=qEKGGjHZW2nNmdeVOdV093ci9xAURs1stlTqmsgx6JkQ= #=qcRbqaYiTt7KshGE4R7VvMA==)
at #=qOG_a6Cr3w8NHKC10AvRa4lKcQdeadSHCyv34c0ibAdlbQekyIMQ5Fve4oD4$3oiR.#=qYq6ZDB2QnplygXndYNb7$A==()
at #=qtukgoHjJAu4CVndqJdhlzGEt7VX94niIHzsdE0ogY6Q=.#=qiAEDf8SR3MyJB$fGP8HK3w==()
at #=qstTGdEKx4K3TRU_td0MK1A==.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=q7_JTZEWDo55In8XImQEVEg==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qC_NYr10_zv4G499tkjfzzw==(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
at #=qvb1$tbrwHGtaw2lfLpAXu8sp3lY0Uw3sRxJoXHhUXE95K3IxjFIQeBSJDcWjkQXG.#=qeUQ49DSvfZ0P2pV0GHlWFA==()
at #=qK8Kks9xNXZKrnfIbH9ym_c8Aj942$$hKLtfk29pKjUjzSgbLgrG_hAIFvnREX7dq.#=qoYt_L2jiflfVwtmvHWm3vybY4p6KQJfjpt7TGvg3344=(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qK8Kks9xNXZKrnfIbH9ym_c8Aj942$$hKLtfk29pKjUjzSgbLgrG_hAIFvnREX7dq.#=qU7KF2h1aoHjm_Gaw5AyTQA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qU7KF2h1aoHjm_Gaw5AyTQA==()
at #=qBH67$p9fRK5q8cjAPPNrXg==.#=ql91VqkBQKN7fFrtZEbvAnw==(String #=qAWuHBeEjETUlaeTqOeGf4Q==, Boolean #=q40_QlCbqsPIGrciyZ80e_44bJ$z50dcca4HTKO7ntNg=, Boolean #=qeVH090nucOPnZ_EE4ebwCOuIfWSSqon0$yVA0ZyEYx4=, Boolean #=qPZVsrzqdT8UIeO0Sqk3qUQ==)
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Rewrite ScoreSet in a more sane way to fix various issues. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150809.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Jaye
Unsure as to whether this is the appropriate place to post this but I shall anyway.

My request for access to the client was accepted, however one member did not gain access because her account name and the one I put into the email I sent are different. The reason for this is because she changed username. Can you fix this now or must I re-email staff?
Trosk-

dajayeway wrote:

My request for access to the client was accepted, however one member did not gain access because her account name and the one I put into the email I sent are different. The reason for this is because she changed username from "vfdavis" to "afdavis". Can you fix this now or must I re-email staff?
I think you should send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh explaining what happened.
EmeraldStar82
Is it possible for multiple tourney clients to spectate the same lobby? I heard rumors that you couldn't with the old one at least.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Not sure where you heard that or if I'm misunderstanding something but multiple tourney clients can and always could spectate the same lobby.
efdu_DELETED
Is there any kind of client where you can organise brackets in a tournament? kind of like xfire and that kind of stuff
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
There's a client where you can organize groups, but we haven't written a tutorial for it yet. Coming soon? ;)
Loctav

smoogipooo wrote:

There's a client where you can organize groups, but we haven't written a tutorial for it yet. Coming soon? ;)

Do you mean the drawings one? I am not sure if this is what efdu was requesting for.
Catgirl
Hi, I started having problems with the tourney client today. It is only recognizing slot 1 of the match, and upon further inspection I saw that I am only getting signed in on the first screen. It was working fine a few days ago when I tested. I am running cutting-edge and have had the same problem even after a fresh re-install of osu!.

Topic Starter
smoogipoo

Loctav wrote:

smoogipooo wrote:

Do you mean the drawings one? I am not sure if this is what efdu was requesting for.
Yes I did mean the drawings one.

Decon082 wrote:

Hi, I started having problems with the tourney client today. It is only recognizing slot 1 of the match, and upon further inspection I saw that I am only getting signed in on the first screen. It was working fine a few days ago when I tested. I am running cutting-edge and have had the same problem even after a fresh re-install of osu!.

Post your Logs/network.log file.
Catgirl

smoogipooo wrote:

Decon082 wrote:

Post your Logs/network.log file.
http://puu.sh/kNq58/db0770d79f.log
(The bancho error near the top only came up once, most times I try to run it that one doesn't appear.)
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
@Decon082: Try again.
Catgirl
I'm still not noticing anything different and I'm getting the same errors.

Update: It works fine on Stable and logs me in on all screens, but has the old layout of course. Beta and Cutting-edge still won't log me in past screen #1.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Have not been able to replicate this yet... :/
ThePooN
The client is completely working on Linux. I just had to add tournament.cfg on my existing working osu! install, nothing to install additionally. Good work!
quzy
We eSports now
ThePooN
Hi, will the tourney client support 1080p anytime soon?
ThePooN

ThePooN wrote:

Hi, will the tourney client support 1080p anytime soon?
Can I get an answer please? ;w;
Catgirl
Hi, just thought I'd update since I tried cutting-edge again today. I'm able to access the client normally again without having to go back to fallback. So whatever the problem is was fixed, thanks! c:
Megatron
I'm unable to adjust the volume. Attempting to change the volume per instance does nothing. Is this intended or is there some other way to adjust it? Right now it's way too loud to be usable on my system.
EmeraldStar82

Megatron wrote:

I'm unable to adjust the volume. Attempting to change the volume per instance does nothing. Is this intended or is there some other way to adjust it? Right now it's way too loud to be usable on my system.
In past experience, you must navigate to the sound mixer on your pc where you should find many instances of osu!. For me, there had been one instance for the music and one instance (or maybe one for each player) for hit sounds.
tuudug-
The control panel buttons doesnt work. Any ideas?
ThePooN

tuudugC wrote:

What's you display resolution?
tuudug-

ThePooN wrote:

tuudugC wrote:

What's you display resolution?
It was 1366x768, but when I changed it to 1600x900 and it works now. By the way, can I hide the player windows? I can't minimize them.
SirCircle
I tried setting up the tourney client with a friend of mine. Everything works except that the entire control panel can't be used. The screen resolution is 1366x768.
FYI: The max screen resoltion that she can go to, is the one mentioned.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thank you very much in advance.
ThePooN
You both need a higher resolution. osu!tourney doesn't low resolution. Keep in minds that's one of the lowest resolution Windows recommends to use.

You can't minimize player windows. You need to use a 3rd-party software to not remove them from foreground state.
fajar13k
I have an issue that i can't close the room. Is there any way to shut it down without using a command?
ThePooN

fajar13k wrote:

I have an issue that i can't close the room. Is there any way to shut it down without using a command?
It will automatically close after an hour of inactivity.
Halogen-
I don't know if it is just me, but I have suddenly run into insurmountable issues with the osu!tourney client. After a weekend of relatively minor issues with 13 groups of players for my tournament, two streams that I was supposed to have tonight were basically unwatchable and the results were so bad that I'm likely not even going to even upload the VODs.

I had two groups of players playing, a good majority of these players from South America within these two groups. So, I initially did have concerns about there being connection issues, and at the time, I thought that the issues might have been caused by these players. However, after coming to the realization that I had 13 generally successful qualification groups play on stream for extended periods for no issue, I immediately dismissed that. Additionally, after the two groups that played had concluded, I actually opened a test room to try players from my same general area, and found a multitude of problems occurring.

Special thanks to FrenzyLi, Comfy-Kun, -Gazelle, Houraisan-, SurfChu85, Lotarr and Bokie for volunteering time to help isolate the issues. I've been able to successfully replicate my own issues multiple times.

Players don't seem to be synchronizing within the client. The reason I say this is because I was able to consistently replicate situations where a player was on slot 1 and the other players would have their charts playing (at what appears to be the incorrect scroll speed, I might add) but would have no input tracked. They would start independently and never line up with the first player. Additionally, if a player is not sitting in slot 1 at all, you will hear absolutely no music and the players would not show themselves hitting any notes. However, once the end of the song was reached, one of two things would happen:

- if the player in slot 1 fails the song and the fail is picked up in MP, then the other players' individual clients would restart themselves and play the song as normal, despite the results already being sent to Bancho. This is a -massive- desynchronization. This was also done with different players on slot 1, to ensure that it wasn't a player-specific issue, but rather a slot specific one.

- if the player in slot 1 completes the song and the result is picked up in MP, then the other remaining players' clients would speed the song up to something absurdly fast and catch up accordingly. Against, tested with multiple players to ensure that it wasn't player specific, bur rather slot specific.

EDIT: This condition seems to be inconsistent to replicate, in some instances, the other players outside of slot 1 would simply get their score tracked AFTER slot 1 completes the song - however, on this restart, it works properly. The only bad thing about this is that the song is actually not playing, and the moment a new song is chosen, all players are backed out into the default screens you see on the stream when waiting for a song choice.

EDIT: If no players are in slot 1, the music will not play at all and scores are not tracked -- notes fly down the lanes and hit the receptors, but no judgments (including miss judgments) are tracked. When the end of the song is reached and the scores are sent to Bancho, the song will then "restart" and show the players' runs that they just completed, even though the song has technically completed. Changing the map using a !mp command will reset the players back to their default menu screens.

EDIT: Also worth noting that the tournament client will not respond to !mp abort commands -- players in the room will be booted back to the lobby, but the map will attempt to keep playing as if the command has been ignored.

- tested on the Cutting Edge, Beta, and Stable release streams, it seems to be a problem no matter what you choose, and it always seems to be related to slot 1.

Also worth noting that settings in the .cfg never changed compared to before; I streamed on the previous weekend with minimal issues and any issues that did happen were run of the mill things that you could expect from the client being really silly.
Halogen-
Also a double-post here to separate my long post from something else that is peculiar and may/may not be related:

Two players of the same exact rank.
emanfman
It's happening to me right now, I'm supposed to cast a high level tourney and this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's been one week, I need a fix to come out today, I'm dying on the inside. Hundreds of viewers coming to see a broken client? http://twitch.tv/TOC_Tournament

EDIT: Sort of fixed now, but still massive desynchronization issues. Still streaming, check it out.

EDIT 2: desync issues less massive, still present. At least the client is usable now
show more