DreaM117er

Gaia wrote:

holy flask!!!!!!!
i LOVE koichoco aaa congrats ☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ
Yohanes
Skystar Diff <3
Loctav
Hey!

Looking through the thread, I want to discuss the hardest diff a bit more. There are some specialities that seem to be common nowadays but that I never understood to begin with, as in how they benefit the song or how they follow anything present here.

[Skystar's Chocolate]

00:20:384 (3) - I do not see a need for this extended slider here. Indeed, I consider this a bit too offthrowing and I see no fadeout or anything familiar that I would associate with an extended slider end.
00:40:684 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I deleted the notes and tried to find the noises this is mapped on and I heard.. nothing D:
00:56:402 (3,4,5,6,7) - I dont see how the triplet differs much from the circle-kickslider combination, considering the song self. So yeah, why is the one the one and the one the other?
00:57:929 (5,6,7) - Oh yeah, I noticed this kind before. Why exactly do the circle need to be spaced away from the sliderend? Is there any reason for that apart of making the movement shorty snappy for a reason I don't see? These kind of snappings appear across the entire map somehow and I don't know why. (even before)
01:01:163 (7,8) - I find this really ew, especially because (8) is on a blue tick
01:01:163 (7,8,4,5) - the movement from the (4) to the (5) is really sharp, don't you think? I think this looks good but doesn't play very well.
01:02:600 (7,8) - this isnt any better either
01:04:576 (2,3,4,5,6) - that's quite harsh, isnt it?
01:06:731 (3,4) - uh oh, increased SV on similiarly long sliders by time? happens here, why not here: 00:55:234 (3,4) - ? I consider this as rather inconsistent.

All in all, I find a lot of these 1/4 really questionable or even unneeded by times. Especially breakpoints like 01:18:767 (1,2,3) - are really unneeded in my opinion and are really forced. The map self is very consistent mapped in the way it is mapped, but some design elements are simply not working in my head, so I would like to open the discussion for this once again, maybe getting more opinions on that before moving this on to Ranked. I saw similiar elements on the Insane, too, but they worked out better, probably because the density was lower.

And wow, the preview time is REALLY short. Maybe you add something there. It starts very sudden.

We can move this forward together as soon as we found an agreement here, I guess. Sorry for the last minute thing here. I didnt have the chance to go into the easier diffs yet, but I will definitely do that when the MWC 4K is over and let you know what I think about them.
Asphyxia
Now that this is disqualified, there's few jumps that felt unnecessarily big compared to the average spacing you had going on throughout the section. A small decrease would be enough, up to you though! Some other suggestions here too.

[Skystar's Chocolate]
  1. 02:36:372 (1,2) -
  2. 02:40:684 (1,2) -
  3. 03:06:193 (2) - The only 1/8 slider that has 2 repeats when there's an object right after it, would be cool if it was consistent and had only 1 repeat instead, but I can understand if you wanna keep the consistency to 03:05:833 (1) - .
  4. 03:32:240 (9) - Felt rather inconsistent with the other 1/8 sliders because most of them have a note right after, yet this one doesn't. Would be better to emphasize the stanza by adding a note instead.
Okoratu
Interesting, a discussion, imma join

[Skystar's Chocolate]

00:20:384 (3) - I do not see a need for this extended slider here. Indeed, I consider this a bit too offthrowing and I see no fadeout or anything familiar that I would associate with an extended slider end. ➥ while it isn't offthrowing i dunno why it should be needed either but maybe skystar can explain
00:40:684 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I deleted the notes and tried to find the noises this is mapped on and I heard.. nothing D: ➥ are you sure? I think the constant 1/4 track is pretty clear there lol
00:56:402 (3,4,5,6,7) - I dont see how the triplet differs much from the circle-kickslider combination, considering the song self. So yeah, why is the one the one and the one the other? ➥ considering the song itself, the white tick that the slider is placed on does have a kick of some sort, so forcing movement through a kickslider is more intuitive to play than just having circles for all of them. swapping the arrangement to something like http://puu.sh/kpg3i/80651df3f5.jpg which would be assuming all sounds mapped there are approx equal and it'd turn out more of an oddball playability wise because it'd give you 4 clicks after the sliderend and then one instead of what people are more commonly used to: playing this like a doublet followed by a triplet immediately.
Idk i may have gotten that wrong

00:57:929 (5,6,7) - Oh yeah, I noticed this kind before. Why exactly do the circle need to be spaced away from the sliderend? Is there any reason for that apart of making the movement shorty snappy for a reason I don't see? These kind of snappings appear across the entire map somehow and I don't know why. (even before) ➥ I often find myself doing stuff like this if i don't want to stop movement like what 00:51:821 (2,3,4) - would do. There are certain places there flow - which is subjective yaya - would suffer from having a stop after the slider so some of the doublets after sliders are spaced out in order to lead into something else instead of stopping movement momentarily
01:01:163 (7,8) - I find this really ew, especially because (8) is on a blue tick ➥ why? this essentially plays like something like http://puu.sh/kpgjM/221d733b4a.jpg which is essentially like using a sliderend with a circle inbetween in order to replace a triplet, people should be used to that, all i could say is that spacing seems a tiny bit excessive because the blue tick isn't supposed to be stressed that way, but otherwise the effect of 01:01:522 (1) - being stressed is gone too so i do not really see how this could be better while following the 1/4 as well (without deleting that circle to justt... space 1 out) so ya
01:01:163 (7,8,4,5) - the movement from the (4) to the (5) is really sharp, don't you think? I think this looks good but doesn't play very well. ➥ as a player... uhm sharp edges are usually much much much easier to play because snapping them is much easier than wider angles so uhm i don't know how this plays bad at all
01:02:600 (7,8) - this isnt any better either ➥ can you please actually describe what's wrong with this? It plays weird? I don't really understand this one
01:04:576 (2,3,4,5,6) - that's quite harsh, isnt it? ➥ so what would be less harsh? I fail to see the harshness of this to begin with so understanding what your problem with this is is extremely difficult for me
01:06:731 (3,4) - uh oh, increased SV on similiarly long sliders by time? happens here, why not here: 00:55:234 (3,4) - ? I consider this as rather inconsistent. ➥ ??
the instance you linked is the Anacrusis leading into the kiai, which is - by the fact that kiai is triggered off alone - a bit different from 01:06:731 - as well as 02:20:025 - which both are in kiai and both use similar SV changes, also he didn't do that for 02:08:348 (1,2,3,4) - for, i assume, exactly the same reason as not doing it for 00:55:054 (1,2,3,4) -
it's like ultra consistent in this matter, not doing it for 03:26:133 (1,2) - by the way only makes sense because if you put an 1/8 slider and put a huge SV change on it people could misinterpret it as 1/4 and screw the whole thing up so i guess it's not being done there for readability, 03:14:636 (1,2) - is also consistent with the 2 other Anacrusis to the kiais so uhm
yes I don't see how this could potentially be inconsistent in any way

The comment about the 1/4 being unneeded is like saying all streamy maps are unneeded just because this is not a BMS song that doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of background 1/4 so i see no harm for any set in having a diff that actually tries to utilize them and make something interesting in combination with the vocals out of it.
also how is 01:18:767 (1,2,3) - a breakpoint? it's pretty obvious that this is supposed to be 1/4 and in the context of the whole map it plays pretty intuitively imo

I didn't really understand some of your points especially "o yeah, why is the one the one and the one the other? "
what.
If one tries to understand this statement they will most likely end up rereading a few of these issues you want to discuss multiple times before understanding what you most likely want, and in some cases im not really sure about what exactly you're putting up for discussion as i hopefully outlined above.

----

I noticed Asphyxia posted and looked through these as well and would agree on these points
I don't really have the time to actually look for other stuff that might be weird, so i only commented on the things presented
Loctav

Okoratu wrote:

[Skystar's Chocolate]

00:20:384 (3) - I do not see a need for this extended slider here. Indeed, I consider this a bit too offthrowing and I see no fadeout or anything familiar that I would associate with an extended slider end. ➥ while it isn't offthrowing i dunno why it should be needed either but maybe skystar can explain
00:40:684 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I deleted the notes and tried to find the noises this is mapped on and I heard.. nothing D: ➥ are you sure? I think the constant 1/4 track is pretty clear there lol I was totally incapable to hear anything here
00:56:402 (3,4,5,6,7) - I dont see how the triplet differs much from the circle-kickslider combination, considering the song self. So yeah, why is the one the one and the one the other? ➥ considering the song itself, the white tick that the slider is placed on does have a kick of some sort, so forcing movement through a kickslider is more intuitive to play than just having circles for all of them. swapping the arrangement to something like http://puu.sh/kpg3i/80651df3f5.jpg which would be assuming all sounds mapped there are approx equal and it'd turn out more of an oddball playability wise because it'd give you 4 clicks after the sliderend and then one instead of what people are more commonly used to: playing this like a doublet followed by a triplet immediately.
I find the noises present here way too similiar to warrant such an alteration tbh, the kick is caused as hitsound, so I wouldnt let that argument count.
00:57:929 (5,6,7) - Oh yeah, I noticed this kind before. Why exactly do the circle need to be spaced away from the sliderend? Is there any reason for that apart of making the movement shorty snappy for a reason I don't see? These kind of snappings appear across the entire map somehow and I don't know why. (even before) ➥ I often find myself doing stuff like this if i don't want to stop movement like what 00:51:821 (2,3,4) - would do. There are certain places there flow - which is subjective yaya - would suffer from having a stop after the slider so some of the doublets after sliders are spaced out in order to lead into something else instead of stopping movement momentarily then it doesnt make sense why the 1/4 circles self are having a lower distance. It's basically forcing you to speed up to get the first circle and to slow down to get the second.
01:01:163 (7,8) - I find this really ew, especially because (8) is on a blue tick ➥ why? this essentially plays like something like http://puu.sh/kpgjM/221d733b4a.jpg which is essentially like using a sliderend with a circle inbetween in order to replace a triplet, people should be used to that, all i could say is that spacing seems a tiny bit excessive because the blue tick isn't supposed to be stressed that way, but otherwise the effect of 01:01:522 (1) - being stressed is gone too so i do not really see how this could be better while following the 1/4 as well (without deleting that circle to justt... space 1 out) so ya does it play the same? don't forget that reverse sliders do not have the same leniency than kicksliders, which you could abuse. The movement time you need to snap to (8) is way shorter and the movement is way harsher, considering the rather sharp angle. And yeah, I am mostly criticizing the harsh spacing here. Playing this itself is not the issue, but because (8) is so much away, I see this as something troublesome
01:01:163 (7,8,4,5) - the movement from the (4) to the (5) is really sharp, don't you think? I think this looks good but doesn't play very well. ➥ as a player... uhm sharp edges are usually much much much easier to play because snapping them is much easier than wider angles so uhm i don't know how this plays bad at all oh wow, I copied the wrong timestamp here. I meant 01:02:240 (4,5) -
01:02:600 (7,8) - this isnt any better either ➥ can you please actually describe what's wrong with this? It plays weird? I don't really understand this one Considering I linked the wrong stamp before, this one should make more sense now. 01:02:600 (7,8) - is really harshly spaced compared to the other 1/4 jumps
01:04:576 (2,3,4,5,6) - that's quite harsh, isnt it? ➥ so what would be less harsh? I fail to see the harshness of this to begin with so understanding what your problem with this is is extremely difficult for me I just consider the usage of 1/4 as unneedingly high. I can understand the usage of certain kicksliders, but I do not see the reason to space them that much apart, unless just for forced difficulty
01:06:731 (3,4) - uh oh, increased SV on similiarly long sliders by time? happens here, why not here: 00:55:234 (3,4) - ? I consider this as rather inconsistent. ➥ ??
the instance you linked is the Anacrusis leading into the kiai, which is - by the fact that kiai is triggered off alone - a bit different from 01:06:731 - as well as 02:20:025 - which both are in kiai and both use similar SV changes, also he didn't do that for 02:08:348 (1,2,3,4) - for, i assume, exactly the same reason as not doing it for 00:55:054 (1,2,3,4) -
it's like ultra consistent in this matter, not doing it for 03:26:133 (1,2) - by the way only makes sense because if you put an 1/8 slider and put a huge SV change on it people could misinterpret it as 1/4 and screw the whole thing up so i guess it's not being done there for readability, 03:14:636 (1,2) - is also consistent with the 2 other Anacrusis to the kiais so uhm
well fine, I probably oversaw the multiple usage of SV changes on similiar spot here, yet I do not see why sections like 00:55:054 (1,2,3,4) - do not follow the same scheme. They might be slightly different but not that much big of a difference to warrant that kind of, in my eyes, massive variation. Same slider slidetime but different visual slider length is extremely tricky and should only be used with high caution and even be avoided if possible. And I see the option to avoid this gimmick here.

The comment about the 1/4 being unneeded is like saying all streamy maps are unneeded just because this is not a BMS song that doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of background 1/4 so i see no harm for any set in having a diff that actually tries to utilize them and make something interesting in combination with the vocals out of it.
also how is 01:18:767 (1,2,3) - a breakpoint? it's pretty obvious that this is supposed to be 1/4 and in the context of the whole map it plays pretty intuitively imo I don't find this kind of spaced away circles from sliderends intuitive at all. They became more common lately, but they are not intuitive. With breakpoints, I probably used the wrong term, I was referring to the idea of breaking up the flow here by insisting on a quick snapping to the two circles and forcing to be slower right away to complete said two circles. But this kind of patterning amplifies the difficulty here without any extend need. And no, the song does not have a lot of 1/4 in the background. It does have it occassionally and I can see why it is mapped at places, but just because it contains 1/4, it doesnt mean you have to go full apeshit with spacing them, right? You can map 1/4 without spacing the streams, putting tons of kicksliders and doing other fancy tricks just to make it more difficult than it needs to be.

I didn't really understand some of your points especially "o yeah, why is the one the one and the one the other? "
what.
If one tries to understand this statement they will most likely end up rereading a few of these issues you want to discuss multiple times before understanding what you most likely want, and in some cases im not really sure about what exactly you're putting up for discussion as i hopefully outlined above.

----

I noticed Asphyxia posted and looked through these as well and would agree on these points
I don't really have the time to actually look for other stuff that might be weird, so i only commented on the things presented
Loctav
doublepost yey!

I find the transistion from Hard->Insane really big. I mean, the Insane plays comfortable, but compared to the Hard, the difficulty jump is quite high. While Normal->Hard appeared very reasonable to me, and Insane->Extra was also making sense to me, the gap from Hard->Insane appeared quite big, especially since the Insane introduced these partially placed 1/4 kicksliders around the places that were not tame at all sometimes, while the Hard really does not even remotely contain anything like that and is very tame and structured in comparison.

Input appreciated.
Okoratu
thanks for clearing some of this up,
the way you say that the spaced away circles from sliderends are not intuitive at all is your opinion as a player then, i guess? It doesn't really make this harder for me to play at all, really so I would have to disagree with your opinion on them, because the way sliderballs work will just allow you to move faster through the slider in order to get to the next circle without screwing up anything (that's at least how i see most people play them) so it doesn't really add to the actual difficulty of the map for me.

And yes the song does have quite a bunch of 1/4 of which not all is mapped. I agree with you that you don't have to map the 1/4 for the sake of mapping the 1/4 but I disagree with you about it being done here for the sake of having a difficulty. Otherwise you would 1. see more 1/4 and 2. probably less kicksliders because as far as i can judge this the vast majority of them were used to accent something in the song instead of just putting circles over them and the way 1/4 sliders are played allow for it without being too tricky.
the "more difficult than it needs to be" part is also highly subjective as it is clear that your interpretation of this song is not the way Skystar interpreted it, which is iirc the main reason why we are having this discussion

I think that's all i wanted to add as a response to your response to my response to your disqualification, thanks for the input
Skystar

Loctav wrote:

Okoratu wrote:

[Skystar's Chocolate]

00:20:384 (3) - I do not see a need for this extended slider here. Indeed, I consider this a bit too offthrowing and I see no fadeout or anything familiar that I would associate with an extended slider end. ➥ while it isn't offthrowing i dunno why it should be needed either but maybe skystar can explain Yeah fixed this.
00:40:684 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I deleted the notes and tried to find the noises this is mapped on and I heard.. nothing D: ➥ are you sure? I think the constant 1/4 track is pretty clear there lol I was totally incapable to hear anything here they're mapped to the 1/4 layer, simply like 00:43:558 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - and 01:56:851 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4) - .
I find the noises present here way too similiar to warrant such an alteration tbh, the kick is caused as hitsound, so I wouldnt let that argument count. The kick isn't caused as hitsound, the music itself DOES HAVE the kick. The triplet hihat at 00:56:672 - gives a rather "liquid" feeling. While the point 00:56:492 - is a kick sound that justifies the kick slider, it's nowhere close to being a similar thing at all.
00:57:929 (5,6,7) - Oh yeah, I noticed this kind before. Why exactly do the circle need to be spaced away from the sliderend? Is there any reason for that apart of making the movement shorty snappy for a reason I don't see? These kind of snappings appear across the entire map somehow and I don't know why. (even before) ➥ I often find myself doing stuff like this if i don't want to stop movement like what 00:51:821 (2,3,4) - would do. There are certain places there flow - which is subjective yaya - would suffer from having a stop after the slider so some of the doublets after sliders are spaced out in order to lead into something else instead of stopping movement momentarily then it doesnt make sense why the 1/4 circles self are having a lower distance. It's basically forcing you to speed up to get the first circle and to slow down to get the second. It does. Circles do never play the same as sliderends - you won't "speed up to get the first circle" as you don't have to actually stop on the sliderend and hit. Rather you just move to the circles without even slowing down the movement, that's why the spacing between the circles are way lower.
01:01:163 (7,8) - I find this really ew, especially because (8) is on a blue tick ➥ why? this essentially plays like something like http://puu.sh/kpgjM/221d733b4a.jpg which is essentially like using a sliderend with a circle inbetween in order to replace a triplet, people should be used to that, all i could say is that spacing seems a tiny bit excessive because the blue tick isn't supposed to be stressed that way, but otherwise the effect of 01:01:522 (1) - being stressed is gone too so i do not really see how this could be better while following the 1/4 as well (without deleting that circle to justt... space 1 out) so ya does it play the same? don't forget that reverse sliders do not have the same leniency than kicksliders, which you could abuse. The movement time you need to snap to (8) is way shorter and the movement is way harsher, considering the rather sharp angle. And yeah, I am mostly criticizing the harsh spacing here. Playing this itself is not the issue, but because (8) is so much away, I see this as something troublesome And having a less leniency here is the point? Like apparently the whole vibe the music at 01:01:163 - gives is having a really quick move. Players do hold the reverse 1/8 slider until it ends, then move quickly to 8 and so on, it's at least what I feel that will represent the music the best.
01:01:163 (7,8,4,5) - the movement from the (4) to the (5) is really sharp, don't you think? I think this looks good but doesn't play very well. ➥ as a player... uhm sharp edges are usually much much much easier to play because snapping them is much easier than wider angles so uhm i don't know how this plays bad at all oh wow, I copied the wrong timestamp here. I meant 01:02:240 (4,5) - Yeah actually agree with this.
01:02:600 (7,8) - this isnt any better either ➥ can you please actually describe what's wrong with this? It plays weird? I don't really understand this one Considering I linked the wrong stamp before, this one should make more sense now. 01:02:600 (7,8) - is really harshly spaced compared to the other 1/4 jumps Since I fixed the last one I'm sure this one is fine now.
01:04:576 (2,3,4,5,6) - that's quite harsh, isnt it? ➥ so what would be less harsh? I fail to see the harshness of this to begin with so understanding what your problem with this is is extremely difficult for me I just consider the usage of 1/4 as unneedingly high. I can understand the usage of certain kicksliders, but I do not see the reason to space them that much apart, unless just for forced difficulty W-what? How are they even spaced much apart at all.. I mean they're all just placed in a very small spacing until the music goes up at 01:05:115 (6,7) - , I don't even see how this is difficult at all..
well fine, I probably oversaw the multiple usage of SV changes on similiar spot here, yet I do not see why sections like 00:55:054 (1,2,3,4) - do not follow the same scheme. They might be slightly different but not that much big of a difference to warrant that kind of, in my eyes, massive variation. Same slider slidetime but different visual slider length is extremely tricky and should only be used with high caution and even be avoided if possible. And I see the option to avoid this gimmick here. Yeah let me explain this. As we can hear, 00:55:234 - has a triplet drum, right? While 01:06:731 - here, instead of the triplet drum, it has a way more dense 1/8 hihats, I set an increased SV slider to represent it which imo fits pretty well. Using a 1/4 slider + a circle to follow the drum, while having an increased SV slider to follow the speedup hihats, they're two different things to work with two different layers.

also how is 01:18:767 (1,2,3) - a breakpoint? it's pretty obvious that this is supposed to be 1/4 and in the context of the whole map it plays pretty intuitively imo I don't find this kind of spaced away circles from sliderends intuitive at all. They became more common lately, but they are not intuitive. With breakpoints, I probably used the wrong term, I was referring to the idea of breaking up the flow here by insisting on a quick snapping to the two circles and forcing to be slower right away to complete said two circles. But this kind of patterning amplifies the difficulty here without any extend need. And no, the song does not have a lot of 1/4 in the background. It does have it occassionally and I can see why it is mapped at places, but just because it contains 1/4, it doesnt mean you have to go full apeshit with spacing them, right? You can map 1/4 without spacing the streams, putting tons of kicksliders and doing other fancy tricks just to make it more difficult than it needs to be. Like I can 100% assure you that stuff you pointed out like 01:18:767 (1,2,3) - definitely aren't as bad as you described. As I explained above, you don't have to stop and click the slider end, players just have to focus on the two circles, and that's why those circles are placed in a way lower spacing. And I have to disagree with your second argument. The 1/4 notes in this map are never placed in a very huge spacing, nor are they mapped to be tricky, difficulty or anything. I've testplayed the map over and over during mapping it to make sure that they're all mapped in a way that plays intuitively. Testplays and feedbacks from a lot of players have been made before it got qualified too.

what.

----

Asphyxia wrote:

Now that this is disqualified, there's few jumps that felt unnecessarily big compared to the average spacing you had going on throughout the section. A small decrease would be enough, up to you though! Some other suggestions here too.

[Skystar's Chocolate]
  1. 02:36:372 (1,2) - the 2 is placed as a jump since there's a really special sound at 02:36:552 -, I can decrease the spacing a bit but I don't want to break the purpose here.
  2. 02:40:684 (1,2) - k
  3. 03:06:193 (2) - The only 1/8 slider that has 2 repeats when there's an object right after it, would be cool if it was consistent and had only 1 repeat instead, but I can understand if you wanna keep the consistency to 03:05:833 (1) - . Yeah you answered it for me. That's also why I put 03:06:372 (3) - literally nearby the previous slider, to not make players shitmiss just because it has 2 repeats, lol.
  4. 03:32:240 (9) - Felt rather inconsistent with the other 1/8 sliders because most of them have a note right after, yet this one doesn't. Would be better to emphasize the stanza by adding a note instead. Here is a rather special spot. Unlike the other choruses, the last one here has been doubled. And here's is the transitional part from the first half to the second half. Also I'm like sure adding a circle at it would make it play WAY WORSE as players would have to awkwardly stop and hit another note before they move on.
Mostly what Okoratu said sums it up for me, there's a diversity of how people view the song and make up the way how to map it. This song has a really dense layer of hihats throughout the whole. I never mapped it just for the sake of difficulty, not to mention this map isn't even difficult to begin with. Fit or not is all that matters. And in this case, in my opinion, it fits. But yeah, more opinions are always welcome!

@Rizia: http://puu.sh/kpIqE/cfd95c1c4f.osu
hehe
for the insane 02:34:935 - this portion feels like a huge step up in rhythm difficulty yeah, its almost made up entirely of 1/4s, where hard uses 1/4 sparingly and with low spacing throughout. although i think its fine, it doesn't hurt to nerf it slightly. not to mention given the song's intensity at that portion it shouldn't be so hard compared to the rest of the map. places like (03:07:809 - are fine since they're a buildup to the chorus)

in my opinion the best way to go about doing this is to simply use more 1/2 sliders or repeats so that players can 'catch a breather'.
02:35:654 (1,2,3,4) - can be turned into a single repeat to put more pressure on 02:36:372 (1,2) - afterwards
02:37:450 (5,6) - can be turned into a 1/2 slider, and then you can turn 02:37:809 (1) - into a 1/4 slider to accompany the 'squeak' (?) sound
02:38:528 (1,2) - similarly could use slider or 2 circles instead to reduce map clutter
02:40:324 (4,5) - could be turned into 1/2 slider
02:41:761 (3,4) - jump here is a little too large without accompanying strong sound, furthermore its after a long jump sequence starting from 02:39:246 (1) -
02:42:480 (3,4) - could be turned into 1/2 slider

and if you'd like you can turn some of those 'movement triplets' into stacks. they are much more simpler to play as well.

lastly, 03:10:504 (4) - this could be turned into a slider since the 'buildup' sound starts here
Yunomi
hi skystar

03:48:049 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - i think this would be better than the downward curve pattern you have atm since with 1.8 sv it kinda plays worse than the 03:25:055 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - you had in the previous kiai, which is an identical vocal pattern. increasing the spacing on the 1.8 sv pattern wouldn't be too bad either since it's more intense than the 1.5 sv version in the third kiai. not a big deal or anything tho

also don't understand why this map is getting so much negative feedback. there's more than one way to map something and it plays fine as it is right now.
Topic Starter
Rizia
remapped part from 02:34:935 - to 02:46:432 -
Loctav
I wouldnt call the feedback negative. We are just trying to improve the map to make it better. I think that's what everyone desires!

I'll look on that tomorrow again. I need to look through all the other maps first haha
captin1
the question to be asked though, is if the changes being suggested are actually improvements or not.

I found very little issue with the 1/4 patterns throughout, they're very logically placed to compliment the rhythm of the song
Yunomi

captin1 wrote:

the question to be asked though, is if the changes being suggested are actually improvements or not.

I found very little issue with the 1/4 patterns throughout, they're very logically placed to compliment the rhythm of the song
same, they play perfectly ok. i had trouble reading the part starting from 02:40:684 (1) - to the 3rd kiai but i know that's just my inability to play that, instead of blaming the mapper/map. sure it's a bit harder than the star rating suggests but there is very little room for "improvement" on an objective level.
Yunomi

Loctav wrote:

I wouldnt call the feedback negative. We are just trying to improve the map to make it better. I think that's what everyone desires!

I'll look on that tomorrow again. I need to look through all the other maps first haha
:)
Xilver15
Skystar
http://puu.sh/ksj6O/bb0fc1f339.osu

fixed what xilver and adore said, thanks!
Topic Starter
Rizia
updated
Yunomi
skystar is so cute
Yuii-
Just a personal opinion on the Insanes.

[Skystar]

You might want to uncheck the letterbox during breaks!

1. 00:14:276 (5,3) - These could have a Whistle, they deserve it and fit very good with the beats overall.
  2. 00:15:534 (1) - You forgot to hitsound? This circle is so inaudible compared to the music.
  3. 00:16:073 - From this point this part plays quite bad with all those constant SV changes. There's no need to them. I mean, yeah, the music gets more emphasised on some parts, but do you really think it's worth spamming all those SV changes? They are completely inconsistent and counter-intuitives. There's no track or path in which you could say "hum, okay, the SV will change every 2 sliders..." and that's the problem here.
  4. 00:25:055 (2) - I'm unsure about this. 00:25:414 (2,2) - Those have a really similar sound and they are really emphasised by the Normal sampleset, I don't get why are you silencing this one.
  5. 00:28:109 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I have two problems regarding this: the first one is how random the NCs are, it makes you think (at least when I played it) they are 1/1 spacing instead of the 1/2 you are using. And then is how loud they since according to the background music. I tried to reduce the green line to 40% and it was much "decent" that way, but it's still not highlighting it that much. Additionally, I want to add how much I'd like to see a Clap+Finish on these circles.
  6. 00:39:426 (1,2) - What are these supposed to be following? I can quite understand the purpose of the second one following the piano... but the first one? And why is the SV so low? It just doesn't fit at all. Moreover, ignoring 00:39:606 - was a terrible idea, you are not even using normal-slidertick.wav or anything similar. I'll definitely split it into two different objects. I'd go for a 4 notes colour and make something like: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3749030 for some sweat flow.
  7. 00:42:300 (1,2) - Now, something similar happens to this one. I didn't see it when typing the previous one so I guess you could leave it, for consistency, though, as I said, it could definitely be improved. The problem with this pattern is the random spacing between 1 and 2. Why? Aren't they supposed to be THE SAME as the previous one? Why would you create such a gap when the music doesn't support it at all?
  8. 00:54:875 (4) - Sorta of a personal opinion, but this sounds much better as a 1/4 slider since it's a constant beat. It'll also fit much more with the following patterns.
  9. 01:01:163 (7) - NC'ing this for the sake of the 1/8 wouldn't be a bad idea.
  10. 01:32:959 - 01:35:833 - 01:55:773 (2) - I can't figure out why you ignored these. If you did it for some consistency with what you are mapping then it's quite a mistake. It has such a similar connotation with 00:45:714 (3,4,5,6) - . And the second one, it'd make more sense, since you are mapping a 3-3-3 combo right there, but still... ignoring the vocals isn't a good idea, it doesn't sound good at all, it really feels empty. It completely differs from 01:37:270 - because there's literally nothing there, that's right, but... ya. Finally, regarding the last time stamp I'm referring to, it has a similar problem, but at the same time, it has a wrong rhythm. To begin with, 01:55:773 - it's supposed to be a drumkick, so there shouldn't be any slider right there, it's an instant sound. One click, one moment, that's it, no need to extend it too far from that. Now, the constant sound goes from 01:55:953 - to 01:56:043 - although making a 1/4 slider and then adding a circle on 01:56:133 - just to fit the music perfectly wouldn't fit at all with how calm you're mapping this section. So maybe a 1/2 slider will be perfect.
  11. 02:11:761 (4,1) - ?? I'm unsure of this. All in all, all the 1/4 jumps in this part are linear or they have a very low spacing (as you can see 02:22:001 (2,3) - ), what happened to this one in particular?
  12. 02:36:372 (1,2,1) - Why (1,2) has such a ridiculous spacing even though (2) has a tiny beat whilst (2,1) isn't properly emphasised?
  13. 02:57:749 (4) - Honestly speaking, both slider and 02:57:749 (4,1) - jump don't fit at all. If you think you should keep the distance, it's fine, but at least make (4) as a circle instead, no need for that 1/4 slider. The same goes to 03:03:498 (4,1) - . I'll detail this a bit. The 1/4 actually does fit the vocal, but the way the pattern plays is skyrocketing the section. Also, why would you make that and not make 02:58:468 (2) - 03:04:217 (2) - as 1/4 sliders as well? After all, they are the same.
  14. 03:26:492 - The volume of this is just insane. Isn't the same as the one mapped in 03:37:989 - ?
[Insane]

Letterbox during breaks blabal
HP6 would be better for the spread!

1. 00:11:223 (1,2,3) - You were mapping this section so calmly when suddenly... you ruin the pace of this part, aw :(
  2. 00:18:947 (2) - Just a question, don't worry, but are you sure you want to keep this anti-flow? Seems to be a really interesting jump if you compare it with the music as a whole.
  3. 01:00:983 (5) - Ctrl+G would look better, imo!
  4. 02:33:318 (1,2) - I find this transition being too forced, maybe. Especially the angle you decided to make. I'd overlap (2) with the head of 02:32:779 (3) - , honestly I think it feels waaaay better.
  5. 03:14:815 (2) - Can I suggest a Clap instead? This beat is clearly different from the ones in (1).
  6. 03:22:001 (5,6,1) - I'd like to suggest something different for this part since the angle of 03:22:181 (6,1) - is quite questionable, after doing this "triangle" movement you have to move your cursor while being in such an awkward spot.
  7. 03:49:306 (1,1) - Could you try to make this pattern more readable for a 1/4 style? I swear I read it as a 1/2 from the very beginning. Even moving the slidertail a bit would help!
  8. 03:58:288 (1) - Forgot a hitsound?
---------

Aaaand one more thing!

04:34:935 - (On Easy) Are you sure you don't want to end the spinner there? It'll make sense since all the other diffs finish at that point.

---------

Alright, that's it!
Skystar

Yuii- wrote:

[Skystar]

You might want to uncheck the letterbox during breaks!

1. 00:14:276 (5,3) - These could have a Whistle, they deserve it and fit very good with the beats overall. Added.
  2. 00:15:534 (1) - You forgot to hitsound? This circle is so inaudible compared to the music. Fixed.
  3. 00:16:073 - From this point this part plays quite bad with all those constant SV changes. There's no need to them. I mean, yeah, the music gets more emphasised on some parts, but do you really think it's worth spamming all those SV changes? They are completely inconsistent and counter-intuitives. There's no track or path in which you could say "hum, okay, the SV will change every 2 sliders..." and that's the problem here. At first I wasn't really sure with these SV changes too. But after getting a lot of testplays I can say they play fine. Everyone was able to sightread it naturally.
  4. 00:25:055 (2) - I'm unsure about this. 00:25:414 (2,2) - Those have a really similar sound and they are really emphasised by the Normal sampleset, I don't get why are you silencing this one. uhh? the "special sounds" start at 00:25:234 - lol.
  5. 00:28:109 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I have two problems regarding this: the first one is how random the NCs are, it makes you think (at least when I played it) they are 1/1 spacing instead of the 1/2 you are using. And then is how loud they since according to the background music. I tried to reduce the green line to 40% and it was much "decent" that way, but it's still not highlighting it that much. Additionally, I want to add how much I'd like to see a Clap+Finish on these circles. Reduced the volume by 10%. But I don't really see how you will misread these as 1/1s at all, like the whole part here doesn't even have one 1/1 note that makes you confused to begin with.
  6. 00:39:426 (1,2) - What are these supposed to be following? I can quite understand the purpose of the second one following the piano... but the first one? And why is the SV so low? It just doesn't fit at all. Moreover, ignoring 00:39:606 - was a terrible idea, you are not even using normal-slidertick.wav or anything similar. I'll definitely split it into two different objects. I'd go for a 4 notes colour and make something like: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3749030 for some sweat flow. The entire part here goes by a regularity of "x0.5 > x0.75 > x1.0". It moves from slow to fast then fast to slow gradually, that's also why I'm ignoring the drum beat as putting 1/2 notes doesn't really fit the vibe I want.
  7. 00:42:300 (1,2) - Now, something similar happens to this one. I didn't see it when typing the previous one so I guess you could leave it, for consistency, though, as I said, it could definitely be improved. The problem with this pattern is the random spacing between 1 and 2. Why? Aren't they supposed to be THE SAME as the previous one? Why would you create such a gap when the music doesn't support it at all? ^
  8. 00:54:875 (4) - Sorta of a personal opinion, but this sounds much better as a 1/4 slider since it's a constant beat. It'll also fit much more with the following patterns. You did bring up a really good point here, really thanks for this!
  9. 01:01:163 (7) - NC'ing this for the sake of the 1/8 wouldn't be a bad idea. Okay.
  10. 01:32:959 - 01:35:833 - 01:55:773 (2) - I can't figure out why you ignored these. If you did it for some consistency with what you are mapping then it's quite a mistake. It has such a similar connotation with 00:45:714 (3,4,5,6) - . And the second one, it'd make more sense, since you are mapping a 3-3-3 combo right there, but still... ignoring the vocals isn't a good idea, it doesn't sound good at all, it really feels empty. It completely differs from 01:37:270 - because there's literally nothing there, that's right, but... ya. Finally, regarding the last time stamp I'm referring to, it has a similar problem, but at the same time, it has a wrong rhythm. To begin with, 01:55:773 - it's supposed to be a drumkick, so there shouldn't be any slider right there, it's an instant sound. One click, one moment, that's it, no need to extend it too far from that. Now, the constant sound goes from 01:55:953 - to 01:56:043 - although making a 1/4 slider and then adding a circle on 01:56:133 - just to fit the music perfectly wouldn't fit at all with how calm you're mapping this section. So maybe a 1/2 slider will be perfect. How are 00:45:714 (3,4,5,6) - and 01:32:959 - the same things at all? these are two different parts in the music. I don't even understand how you take it as a reference in the first place.
  11. 02:11:761 (4,1) - ?? I'm unsure of this. All in all, all the 1/4 jumps in this part are linear or they have a very low spacing (as you can see 02:22:001 (2,3) - ), what happened to this one in particular? Well, because (1) starts at a new stanza. I also don't think the jump is that "big", but yeah.
  12. 02:36:372 (1,2,1) - Why (1,2) has such a ridiculous spacing even though (2) has a tiny beat whilst (2,1) isn't properly emphasised? Because (2) is the one that needs to be emphasised, not (1)?
  13. 02:57:749 (4) - Honestly speaking, both slider and 02:57:749 (4,1) - jump don't fit at all. If you think you should keep the distance, it's fine, but at least make (4) as a circle instead, no need for that 1/4 slider. The same goes to 03:03:498 (4,1) - . I'll detail this a bit. The 1/4 actually does fit the vocal, but the way the pattern plays is skyrocketing the section. Also, why would you make that and not make 02:58:468 (2) - 03:04:217 (2) - as 1/4 sliders as well? After all, they are the same. "The 1/4 actually does fit the vocal" You acutally answered it yourself, and the way it plays does fit the emphasis. 02:58:468 (2) - 03:04:217 (2) - aren't the same because 02:57:749 (4) - has a triplet in the music, therefore I used a 1/4 slider there, nothing special.
  14. 03:26:492 - The volume of this is just insane. Isn't the same as the one mapped in 03:37:989 - ? Okay.
@Rizia: http://puu.sh/ktLCw/4c82586d0a.osu
Frostmourne
00:18:049 (1,2,3,4) - what are these following?, 00:15:893 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - look like they are following vocal then it changed to follow something I couldn't catch in the music

no kd
MillhioreF
I was asked to take a look at Skystar's difficulty for the sake of analyzing the map's composition and readability, so let's point out a few things real quickly. These are just suggestions, but I strongly recommend each one.

[Skystar's Chocolate]
00:13:917 (2,3) - Strange as this may sound, I think this would actually be easier to read and play if you moved the slider a bit further away from the stream, to match the spacing of all the other slider -> circle 1/4 minijumps in the rest of this segment.
01:01:163 (1,2) - Stuff like this really doesn't play well at all IMO. I know it's a central thing of the map and all, but I just cant agree with it. Not only do you put a 1/4 jump with the spacing of a 1/2 jump, but the saturation of hitsounds from the 1/8 repeat slider make it really hard to know when you're actually supposed to leave the repeat slider, especially on a sightread. Without learning the song and map beforehand, I think every single player is going to get a 100 on (2) at least once just because they think it's a 1/2 jump when really it's not, and quite possibly get 100 or sliderbreak on (1) too because they don't know when to leave for the next circle. The only way I can see this working is if you delete 01:01:432 (2) - entirely, and even then it's a bit questionable.
01:56:851 (1,2,1,2,1) - The extreme spacing here feels unnecessary considering you're only mapping to a background instrument, and there's nothing else quite like it in the rest of the map. Reducing the spacing to be more like 00:43:558 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - would play much better.
02:14:456 (1,2) - Same as the previous one, recommend deleting (2) entirely to make this reasonably playable.
02:39:965 (1,2,1,2) - These ones are at least less questionable because the distance is a lot more of what you'd expect from a 1/4 hop. It still reads pretty awkwardly, but you can probably get away with keeping it.
02:45:714 (1,2) - I can't agree with this one though, either delete (2) or move it closer. Basically this whole section is filled with those, so I'm not going to point out every one.
03:00:085 (1) - I'm pointing out this one in particular because it's actually good! There's no 1/4 jump attached to it, so there's actually time to get to the next note and play it properly. It's basically what I suggest you do to all other instances.
03:06:193 (2,3) - This one is fine as a 1/4 too because the next note is right there. Every 1/8 slider after this point is fine, so I'm not sure what's with all the unnecessary 1/4 jumps earlier in the map when you prove they play fine without them.
03:12:660 (1,1) - These sliders mostly overlap, so I didn't see the second one coming at all. I recommend unstacking them a bit.
03:25:055 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Even though this plays okay when you know it's coming, I can't read it at ALL. The spacing is so suddenly violent that I'm a bit blindsided from the extra note stacks and get a ton of 100s and misses. I'd recommend keeping the basic pattern, but making the spacing 30-50% smaller so that the player can get used to what you're trying to do here, and then you can keep the current spacing on the next instance you use the pattern when the player actually knows what's going on.

There were a couple other places in the map where the spacing is a bit iffy, but I didn't have a problem reading or playing them, so I haven't mentioned it here. Mostly I'm concerned about the 1/8 slider -> 1/4 jump pattern that you use a lot, it's very unintuitive and doesn't play well even when I know it's coming.
The map as a whole isn't bad though, so fix these patterns up and I'd say it's more or less good to go :)
Skystar
Okay fair enough, I've completely nerfed all the 1/8 sliders and stuff, as they indeed don't really play good for lower players. Keeping 01:56:851 (1,2,1,2,1) - and 03:25:055 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - as they're definitely fine as they're. Especially 03:25:055 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - I have zero idea why you can't read this at all. The time these notes approach simply tell how they play, not to mention the music justifies it very well.

As for the point Frost pointed out - I'm still following vocals, in a different way though. I used 00:18:767 (3) - a 1/2 slider to emphasise the vocal instead of two circles or one circle + one slider, which imo works okay.

I guess Rizia hasn't updated my latest version posted in thread yet, so just use this one here: http://puu.sh/kwHcX/ca58405377.osu
Topic Starter
Rizia

Yuii- wrote:

[Insane]

Letterbox during breaks blabal
HP6 would be better for the spread!

1. 00:11:223 (1,2,3) - You were mapping this section so calmly when suddenly... you ruin the pace of this part, aw :( it's still good if read like 1/2 circle
  2. 00:18:947 (2) - Just a question, don't worry, but are you sure you want to keep this anti-flow? Seems to be a really interesting jump if you compare it with the music as a whole. yes i wanna keep
  3. 01:00:983 (5) - Ctrl+G would look better, imo! but now is more smooth i think
  4. 02:33:318 (1,2) - I find this transition being too forced, maybe. Especially the angle you decided to make. I'd overlap (2) with the head of 02:32:779 (3) - , honestly I think it feels waaaay better. ok
  5. 03:14:815 (2) - Can I suggest a Clap instead? This beat is clearly different from the ones in (1). ok
  6. 03:22:001 (5,6,1) - I'd like to suggest something different for this part since the angle of 03:22:181 (6,1) - is quite questionable, after doing this "triangle" movement you have to move your cursor while being in such an awkward spot. ok
  7. 03:49:306 (1,1) - Could you try to make this pattern more readable for a 1/4 style? I swear I read it as a 1/2 from the very beginning. Even moving the slidertail a bit would help! ok
  8. 03:58:288 (1) - Forgot a hitsound? ok
---------

Aaaand one more thing!

04:34:935 - (On Easy) Are you sure you don't want to end the spinner there? It'll make sense since all the other diffs finish at that point.

---------

Alright, that's it!
thanks for mod!
updated skystar diff and insane
Nathan
is loctav going to make another statement or can i push this
Yuii-

sukiNathan wrote:

is loctav going to make another statement or can i push this
he said something about rechecking it 5 days ago. i guess he is just busy, let's wait a bit more
Yunomi
want to eat skystars chocolate
Nathan

Chloe Lemaire wrote:

want to eat skystars chocolate
fixed a spacing error in normal
Karen
from forum pm

insane
00:55:234 (1,2,3) - 觉得三连不合适,跟着vocal听起来很违和
01:44:636 (1,2) - 分开一些?中间滑条都碰到,看起来不好看
02:08:528 (1,2,3) - 同第一条