forum

Reol - Asymmetry [Osu|CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Irreversible

Skystar wrote:

Additionally, if most people found the hihats fitting, why would it be overmapping? Overmapping is when you add a layer of 1/16 hardcore hihats into a peaceful 60 bpm song.

Gz for rank!
Linada

Irreversible wrote:

Skystar wrote:

Additionally, if most people found the hihats fitting, why would it be overmapping? Overmapping is when you add a layer of 1/16 hardcore hihats into a peaceful 60 bpm song.
Please do this :lol:
Bearizm

Skystar wrote:

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me about it! Many people told me that they loved the edit so I told them that I would release a 320kbps mp3, but I forgot to. I'll put it in the description later!

Alright now where do I begin? The reason behind the edit? Surely it's for a better experience. LKs and I have been working on special hitsounding of the map in FL Studio. We tried out many different things but some of them didn't convert well into hitsounding. So I decided to mix some of them with the mp3 itself, and add the others into the map through hitsounds. The hihats during the choruses were added in because, I don't know if anyone has a same feeling as me, but I feel that the original version is lacking something during the choruses. That's the reason behind them.

Did I do that for the sake of overmapping? No, I didn't. The map was finished way before we started working on the hitsounds. Additionally, if most people found the hihats fitting, why would it be overmapping? Overmapping is when you add a layer of 1/16 hardcore hihats into a peaceful 60 bpm song.

Lastly, here's a screenshot of all the detailed stuff LKs and I have done in FL studio if you were curious, if anyone needs the .flp file feel free to PM me.
http://puu.sh/jSGHf/4b20872a1c.png
(Basically drums, pianos in choruses, some rings in verses and hihats)
Those hihats fit, but the fact that those hihats severely affects how the map plays is quite an issue I think, solely because it's not a part of the original song, and yet when someone maps this with the original mp3, it got DQ'd multiple times for being overmapped while this one gets away just fine. I find that the ability to rank changed and/or edited MP3s are extremely abusive and toxic, mostly because as Asphyxia said, not everyone can do it right to the point where it'll sound great! Only a few people are able to do so, which leaves the majority of mappers helpless when it comes to subjective rhythm (this is the toxic part). The abusive part is this mapset! You have that ability and you used it to do this! Again, adding hihats fits but the fact that the original mp3 is unable to be mapped the same way as this is just.... ugh. This is what I'm getting at from the start tbh I was just unable to put them into words before talking with Asp.
Topic Starter
Skystar
I've asked gaia and captin if they wanted to use my mp3 and they declined.
Bearizm

Skystar wrote:

I've asked gaia and captin if they wanted to use my mp3 and they declined.
well yeah, it's not the original mp3 and I'm guessing they never had any intentions to edit the MP3 to begin with. I didn't say everyone would edit their MP3s to what they wanted it to sound like anyways lol (but hey, now the idea exist, who knows). And I guess your reasoning is acceptable... My opinion still stands tho. Have fun then.
CXu
I think Bearizm is saying that it's not so much that this shouldn't be allowed as much as the other mapset should be qualified/ranked.

Also since it's edited the title is misleading as it suggests that this is the original song. dq pls :V
Chewin
congratulation!
-Kanzaki
If the song is different or mp3 changed you should have tell it on song title remix or sth?
CoLouRed GlaZeE

Fycho wrote:

xxdeathx wrote:

rip rlc
Kyouren
After Advanced diff, It's Hyper diff
You so genious lol, Skystar
OtakusRin
love this song :) :) :)
Haruto

gokugohan12468 wrote:

After Advanced diff, It's Hyper diff
You so genious lol, Skystar
i guess its okay, since the advanced looks like a Hard diff.
am i wrong? probably yes ._.
Topic Starter
Skystar
A general spread:
Easy - 1.0
Normal - 2.0
Hard - 3.0
Insane - 4.0

This map:
Normal - 1.5
Advanced - 2.5
Hyper - 3.5
Insane - 4.5
Kyouren

Skystar wrote:

A general spread:
Easy - 1.0
Normal - 2.0
Hard - 3.0
Insane - 4.0

This map:
Normal - 1.5
Advanced - 2.5
Hyper - 3.5
Insane - 4.5
Just my opinition x3
I just ask lol xD
byfar
siq lo lz
Kibbleru
Linada

Kibbleru wrote:

wth
http://puu.sh/jUgX2/b4c5557937.png
you were on CTB or Taiko mode :D
Asonate

-Kanzaki wrote:

If the song is different or mp3 changed you should have tell it on song title remix or sth?
With editing the mp3, skystar becomes the new "creator" and thus can call the song anything he wants (just as in colorful)
Topic Starter
Skystar
I didn't add something like (Edit ver.) into the title because that doesn't look good.
Monstrata

Bearizm wrote:

Those hihats fit, but the fact that those hihats severely affects how the map plays is quite an issue I think, solely because it's not a part of the original song, and yet when someone maps this with the original mp3, it got DQ'd multiple times for being overmapped while this one gets away just fine. I find that the ability to rank changed and/or edited MP3s are extremely abusive and toxic, mostly because as Asphyxia said, not everyone can do it right to the point where it'll sound great! Only a few people are able to do so, which leaves the majority of mappers helpless when it comes to subjective rhythm (this is the toxic part). The abusive part is this mapset! You have that ability and you used it to do this! Again, adding hihats fits but the fact that the original mp3 is unable to be mapped the same way as this is just.... ugh. This is what I'm getting at from the start tbh I was just unable to put them into words before talking with Asp.
So let me get this right... Skystar has the ability to edit mp3's in a way that will enhance to the music, so he uses that ability to edit the mp3 for Asymmetry... and this is somehow unfair/toxic? I have the ability to drive a car. I guess I should go sell my car and burn my license now because if I use that ability it'll be considered unfair/toxic to people who have to walk... :C

I think this is all besides the point because the intention of the mp3 edit was never to justify overmapping I think the edit really captures the intensity of the song. Well done to everyone involved in this set!
TheDude

monstrata wrote:

I think the edit really captures the intensity of the song. Well done to everyone involved in this set!
Yeah I think this edit is just amazing, It´ll be really cool if they release the mp3 for it >_>
I hope this gets 1st go ranked, good luck =)
-Kanzaki

Asonate wrote:

-Kanzaki wrote:

With editing the mp3, skystar becomes the new "creator" and thus can call the song anything he wants (just as in colorful)
I will build an new burger house but i want to call it what ever i want cause i am making it so i will call it Mc Donald's.
Yauxo
I dont know if anybody has noticed that yet (Im not gonna read through 17 pages), but the mp3 has a "blip" kind of sound that the very end. In case something happens ... uh, well, do whatever you want to do.

One of my maps got bubble popped because of that, so I'll just ... throw that in I guess
Setz
While I think the edit for this specific case sounds good, I truly hope that this doesn't open the floodgates for other people to do this kind of thing.
I have already seen a recent DQ (that I will not specify here because i don't want to stir up more drama) where the guest mapper said he would edit the mp3 in order to cover up the overmaps that caused the DQ "because skystar and hanzer did it"

the only times where I find mp3 edits 100% acceptable is to fix weird snapping issues like with Frostmourne's Rally go Round.

If you find the songs you are mapping so limiting to your creativity to the point where you want to edit the mp3s to add in whatever rhythm is in your head, you may need to reconsider what genres of music and what songs you want to map.

tldr: this edit sounds cool, just hope this doesn't become the normal thing to do.
byfar

Setz wrote:

While I think the edit for this specific case sounds good, I truly hope that this doesn't open the floodgates for other people to do this kind of thing.
I have already seen a recent DQ (that I will not specify here because i don't want to stir up more drama) where the guest mapper said he would edit the mp3 in order to cover up the overmaps that caused the DQ "because skystar and hanzer did it"

the only times where I find mp3 edits 100% acceptable is to fix weird snapping issues like with Frostmourne's Rally go Round.

If you find the songs you are mapping so limiting to your creativity to the point where you want to edit the mp3s to add in whatever rhythm is in your head, you may need to reconsider what genres of music and what songs you want to map.

tldr: this edit sounds cool, just hope this doesn't become the normal thing to do.

so basically if you know what you're doing and you're good at making things sound good, its all Gucci B)
Kibbleru
this wont get dq'd ofc cuz half the qat is a part of it xd
fartownik
cryoskystarxxxxxsomething:

00:38:004
00:41:428 - why are these empty?
Topic Starter
Skystar
00:41:428 - is for the sake of hitsounds, from the rhythm LKs made, there's a quite strong "pause" that justifies the break.

00:37:841 - could be replaced with a 1/2 slider as alternative but i feel like it can be a break for players as it's a new part of music.
Saoji
The mp3 sounds really great (I wish I could edit like this e.e) and the map is awesome.
Ciyus Miapah
i bet this map will be survived, and so yeah~
Mirtrax
SURVIVED ************** CONGRATSSS :) :) :) :) :)
Xinely
congrats for real \:D/
xLolicore-
Reol - Asymmetry (Skystar and LKs Remix) xddddd
Love the edit though xD
Lumael
Omg this map is absurdely good!!!!!!!! The hitsounding is perfect, and the SB, what can I say? Good job for you all!!
LKs
this sb too niubi
-Atri-
天星醬請求製map秘訣~
eroryan
sounds better than the album version
phaZ
insanely good map, gratz! /late
so much work put into this mapset.. i just had to say that :p