forum

CtB Modding Group

posted
Total Posts
show more
Qiyana
Cool
Qiyana
Temporary leave plz. Got schoolwork. A lot of schoolwork. I'll be back near may or june.
Qiyana

Dyl-Byl wrote:

Temporary leave plz. Got schoolwork. A lot of schoolwork. I'll be back near may or june.
Nvm about that.
JBHyperion
Please just edit your posts, it's annoying to scroll through lots of messages unnecessarily >.>
Kagari
by the way, is there any chat group for CtB modding group? It seems kinda "inappropriate" to just have a small not-really-meaningful talks inside the forum.
JBHyperion

Kagari wrote:

by the way, is there any chat group for CtB modding group? It seems kinda "inappropriate" to just have a small not-really-meaningful talks inside the forum.
There were Slack and Skype groups, but these are both pretty inactive right now. Most modding related discussion (both related to this group and ctb modding in general) is now conducted through a group Discord server. If you're interested in improving your modding or just discussing maps/sets in general, PM me and I'll send you an invite link.
-Sh1n1-
In what cases slider tick rate should be 2? There is a rule about it? How you can suggest the change of str in mods?
BoberOfDarkness

-Sh1n1- wrote:

In what cases slider tick rate should be 2? There is a rule about it? How you can suggest the change of str in mods?
lol, there is not rule about that (maybe not yet)

use STR 2 if it fits the map :^ :lol:
-Sh1n1-

BoberOfDarkness wrote:

-Sh1n1- wrote:

lol, there is not rule about that (maybe not yet)

use STR 2 if it fits the map :^ :lol:
lol should I said in my mod change because I feel?
BoberOfDarkness

-Sh1n1- wrote:

lol should I said in my mod change because I feel?

lol, gimme the beatmap
-Sh1n1-
My question is in general. There isn't a beatmap but I really need a good reason to inprove my modding skills. I'll ask to Sey imo ;3
Topic Starter
MBomb
I'd generally say use STR2 for a consistent 1/2 beat in the song.
JBHyperion
A day late, apologies - but here are the figures from February.

Rankings:
  1. 1st - JBHyperion with 19 mods
  2. 2nd - Jusenkyo with 9 mods
  3. 3rd - -Sh1n1-, Absolute Zero, BoberOfDarkness, koliron and murutattack with 8 mods each
Miscellaneous:
  1. A total of 90 CtB mods were posted by modding group members this month, which equates to 3.10 per day
  2. In recognition, a total of 104 kudosu were awarded to modding group members for these CtB mods
  3. The 6th and 11th of February saw 8 mods completed in 24 hours
  4. The most modded maps this month were Mili - Nine Point Eight, mapped by koliron, Tia - Heart Realize, mapped by newtoniorock8 and Horie Yui - Asymmetry, mapped by Ascendance with 4 mods each
  5. On the 11th and 14th of February, Jusenkyo and JBHyperion completed 3 mods in 24 hours respectively
I usually miss or forget something, so please let me know if you spot anything incorrect! (:
Keep up the good work in March guys!

Edit: Fixed some missing mods from January, +1 each to -Sh1n1-, Sc4v4ng3r, Dyl-Byl, Kagari and murutattack; +5 mods total (+6 kudosu)
BoberOfDarkness
Oh finally back to top heu :^)
koliron
Can't defeat Hyperion! :) :)
JBHyperion

koliron wrote:

I honestly didn't think I did that much this month due to illness lol... Am I sleep-modding? (^:
BoberOfDarkness

JBHyperion wrote:

koliron wrote:

I honestly didn't think I did that much this month due to illness lol... Am I sleep-modding? (^:
lunatic confirmed
JBHyperion

BoberOfDarkness wrote:

lunatic confirmed
Says the one who did 11 mods in one day not too long ago (^:
BoberOfDarkness

JBHyperion wrote:

BoberOfDarkness wrote:

lunatic confirmed
Says the one who did 11 mods in one day not too long ago (^:
Very long to me :^)
Qiyana
I made a banner and stuff. I drew it with paint.
Sey
You did it dyl-byl

RIP quality thread
-Sh1n1-
Hyperion I have 8 mods posts at february too D:

@Sey: Master how cute avatar :O I'll copy :3
JBHyperion

-Sh1n1- wrote:

I'm currently away visiting family but will check this out when I get back. Apologies if I made a mistake somewhere, I frequently do xD
-Sh1n1-

JBHyperion wrote:

-Sh1n1- wrote:

I'm currently away visiting family but will check this out when I get back. Apologies if I made a mistake somewhere, I frequently do xD
Don't worry :3 time to mod more maps this month
Topic Starter
MBomb
Finally updated mod count after the last 2 months, sorry for taking so long, I feel as though I've kinda been neglecting this group recently.

Might make a discord server soon, thoughts?

Also, gonna start doing map of the month again, under the old system. The original reasoning for this new system was related to a collabaration we were going to be having with that CtB Modding Association, but that group is even less active than here, so for now, I'll change it back. However, this does not mean the new system is dead by any means, and if more people start sending votes to me, I will start trying to add them up (Of course if there's only like 2 people voting, the votes won't mean as much as if there were like 10.)

Lastly, an exciting announcement I would like to make. We are planning to be making a system for helping out newer modders, help them learn how to mod, what to do/what not to do in a mod post, and other such things. This system is highly a WIP as of now, we've been working on trying to come up with a plan for it since around August last year, when the plan was originally started by a member who's now left us, DragonSlayer96. If there's anyone interested in modding, but is having difficulties learning how to mod, or if you're just a modder who wants to gain more experience, PM me. Whilst of course, the teaching won't come straight away, due to this still not being fully arranged, I will be making a list.

And lastly, another question for you guys. What ideas would you like to see covered more in the modding teaching? We're going to aim to put specific emphasis on modders giving reasoning behind what they say in mod posts, to better explain the points they make, and the idea of having them go through a test mod with one of our members (Most likely me, unless others volunteer to help), which would be nice especially in this point, as we can help people explain their reasoning on certain things if they can't think of why.

So yeah, feedback on these questions would be great, and keep modding. <3

#makeCtBGreatAgain xdddd
JBHyperion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Finally updated mod count after the last 2 months, sorry for taking so long, I feel as though I've kinda been neglecting this group recently.

Might make a discord server soon, thoughts? As long as people use it for more than two months unlike Slack and Skype, sure why not. It was nice to be able to link maps, post announcements, discuss techniques and such. Plus I at least found it motivational to see people working in real time as opposed to just adding stuff up at the end of the month

Also, gonna start doing map of the month again, under the old system. The original reasoning for this new system was related to a collabaration we were going to be having with that CtB Modding Association, but that group is even less active than here, so for now, I'll change it back. However, this does not mean the new system is dead by any means, and if more people start sending votes to me, I will start trying to add them up (Of course if there's only like 2 people voting, the votes won't mean as much as if there were like 10.)

Perhaps ask a couple of experienced modders to contribute each month, either solo or in conjunction with your selection

Lastly, an exciting announcement I would like to make. We are planning to be making a system for helping out newer modders, help them learn how to mod, what to do/what not to do in a mod post, and other such things. This system is highly a WIP as of now, we've been working on trying to come up with a plan for it since around August last year, when the plan was originally started by a member who's now left us, DragonSlayer96. If there's anyone interested in modding, but is having difficulties learning how to mod, or if you're just a modder who wants to gain more experience, PM me. Whilst of course, the teaching won't come straight away, due to this still not being fully arranged, I will be making a list.

I have been toying with this idea for a while now and am totally in support of it. This thread has a pretty neat format if enough people wanted to take part t/116010

And lastly, another question for you guys. What ideas would you like to see covered more in the modding teaching? We're going to aim to put specific emphasis on modders giving reasoning behind what they say in mod posts, to better explain the points they make, and the idea of having them go through a test mod with one of our members (Most likely me, unless others volunteer to help), which would be nice especially in this point, as we can help people explain their reasoning on certain things if they can't think of why.

Like I said above, count me in for mentoring in some form. Reasoning is probably the most important aspect but formatting is important too imo, since with poor formatting it becomes difficult to even see the reasoning sometimes. That and just exposure to different difficulties and mapping styles can provide huge benefit when modding

#makeCtBGreatAgain xdddd
Electoz
Discord server please.
Absolute Zero

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Might make a discord server soon, thoughts?
Why not? You'll have to change the "website" to a discord, but remind people that the discord is also for finding linked maps (considering people like me who like to chat a lot...)

Well, let's test this out. Ideally people will vote somehow (maybe a survey or some blind vote on pm discord), but if we find that there's no point consistently, I think it's not as worth the effort as it was before.

Sounds like a great idea for starting modders. Would this be more interactive live teaching or a script given, or a video, etc? Because you can't be on 24/7, so we might have multiple "staff" to run it or so.

What I made a mistake on is judging combos on the numbers on the timeline solely, not taking into account the fact that slider ends ALSO count as hitcircles. "Flow" is often thrown around, but I often don't see what people mean with the word "flow" in their mods, and it might be good to cover that, too. As JBH said, looking at different mapping styles is also important.

#makeCtBGreatAgain xdddd
But CtB is dead xddddddddddddddd
-Sh1n1-

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Idk if it's a good suggestion but this idea comes to my mind long time ago, as my friends know, I learning a lot reading mods from experience modders like Sey, Deif, ZiRoX, JBH, MB, Afb, Kurokami, etc etc. the idea is making a thread with a ranking of the top 10 of best mods, obviously we should have a voting phase first, why I said that?. nowadays modders are too lazy imo, they only give you advices of test play, what about HS and NC, also structure and "consistency"?, as kurokami told me long time ago, nowadays anybody cares about consistency, consistency gives order to the map and it's necessary imo. that's why BNs are making wall of text on their mods and it's unfair for me cuz this is the work of modders imo, so this project could be good idea for newbies. anyways I want to help :3 count with me *-*/

yeah, keep modding *-*/

#makeCtBGreatAgain xdddd
Moeruattack
Well have fun Modding ^_^

#Actually i`m ded modding but i will be back for modding slowly.
Topic Starter
MBomb
I do really like the idea of the top 10 mods thing, but I feel as though it'd be very subjective (Not that maps aren't subjective, but it's a tiny bit easier to judge). I think a nice thing to do in that regard is have each person submit to me what they think is their best mod of the month, and then I can post links to each mod, so that less experienced modders could see what a more experienced modder considers a "good mod", because as you said, reading other people's mods can be helpful in improving your own skills.
BoberOfDarkness
MB, can you add me to black list?

And btw, you could add that I like rock, metal, and pirate music :^)
Topic Starter
MBomb
The discord is now open to all members of the group! PM me for an invite.

Also, I would like to add that anyone who wants to be a student of the upcoming modding classes can also pm me, it would be helpful, and they will also be allowed to join the modding group discord, although with a few restrictions.
Qiyana

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

The discord is now open to all members of the group! PM me for an invite.

Also, I would like to add that anyone who wants to be a student of the upcoming modding classes can also pm me, it would be helpful, and they will also be allowed to join the modding group discord, although with a few restrictions.
/me signs up*
JBHyperion
Holy heck I'm on time for once - figures from March.

New Members: Paranoid_Goomba

Rankings:
  1. 1st - koliron and Absolute Zero with 12 mods each
  2. 2nd - JBHyperion, Jusenkyo and Paranoid_Goomba with 8 mods each
  3. 3rd - - Magic Bomb - with 7 mods
Miscellaneous:
  1. A total of 79 CtB mods were posted by modding group members this month, which equates to 2.63 per day
  2. In recognition, a total of 99 kudosu were awarded to modding group members for these CtB mods
  3. The 4th and 12th of March saw 6 mods completed in 24 hours
  4. The most modded map this month was Dream Theater - Wait for Sleep, mapped by JBHyperion with 5 mods
  5. On the 12th of March, Absolute Zero completed 3 mods in 24 hours
I usually miss or forget something, so please let me know if you spot anything incorrect! (:

Once the new modding classes get going I hope to see more people joining up to the group and even more great maps getting ranked, so keep up the good work guys!

Note: Added +1 mod for -Sh1n1- from February
Qiyana
"Can" defeat Hyperion??
JBHyperion

Dyl-Byl wrote:

"Can" defeat Hyperion??
Two people just did, so this comment is somewhat moot lol.
-Sh1n1-
Hyperion wtf, I have 8 mods lool, rip shini again xd
JBHyperion

-Sh1n1- wrote:

Hyperion wtf, I have 8 mods lool, rip shini again xd
Could you point me to what you think I'm missing? I didn't include p/4931347 or p/4931341 as although kudosu was awarded this month, the posts were made last month. Besides that, your kudosu history lists 7 mods, 6 of which were for ctb and one taiko.
wonjae
:D
show more