forum

Tablet area for Tobe style?

posted
Total Posts
show more
NixXSkate

B1rd wrote:

Why not just play normally so you're not at a disadvantage?
Disadvantage? What? It's obviously a huge advantage for speed...
FieryLight
I'm talking about "tobe style" which is apparently what's in the video which is someone who doesn't alternate between keyboard and "mouse" clicks. I would imagine have to lift and replace your pen for each and every single tap would be disadvantageous.
B1rd

NixXSkate wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Disadvantage? What? It's obviously a huge advantage for speed...
And a disadvantage for everything else. I'd like to see Made of Fire HR with tap x
Bauxe
People just want to use styles that make the game harder so when someone tells them they suck they can say "but if I was using a proper style I would be better than you noob" or something.
Topic Starter
_entropic

B1rd wrote:

I want to try out different play styles before I settle on one.
deletemyaccount

Bauxe wrote:

People just want to use styles that make the game harder so when someone tells them they suck they can say "but if I was using a proper style I would be better than you noob" or something.
This

ITT: people value perceived skill>enjoyment of the game
Thatgooey
TTTL used tap/x years ago and did things that took people 2-3 years to equal or better. Play with whatever floats your boat.
GoldenWolf
MFW people forgot what Tobe-style is... I'm suddenly feeling old.

On-topic: The bigger, the better. Use the biggest area you can comfortably play with. That doesn't necessarily means full area.
Topic Starter
_entropic
With full area, taps far from my hand often don't get registered, unless i move my entire arm.
It seems that if I want to play with only my wrist and fingers I should play with maybe half, or 3/4 of full area.
I will try decreasing it a bit.

As for why i want to Tobe style, I just rly like the rhythmic sound that zeluaR makes when he plays xD
Yuudachi-kun
Why no Tap/Z
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

Why no Tap/Z
Click/Z
uberpancake

Kheldragar wrote:

Why no Tap/Z
Because alternating m1k1 is harder since they're treated as the same key
dung eater
tap/click??
Yuudachi-kun

uberpancake wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Why no Tap/Z
Because alternating m1k1 is harder since they're treated as the same key
M2K1

Rebind Z to K2.
Bengon
Never understood how the hell people do Tobe Style. Tried streaming with it once and couldn't do crap despite people saying it's somehow faster.
E m i
flex your forearm in a specific way and watch your arm vibrate up and down.
do it with a key on the keyboard at the same time, and observe your newly acquired 260-340bpm streaming ability.
B1rd

[ Momiji ] wrote:

do it with a key on the keyboard at the same time, and observe your newly acquired 260-340bpm streaming ability.
I can't do this, I don't have Parkinson's disease :C
Bengon

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Still don't get it
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

I can only do it with my mouse hand.
ninjastarr
i singletap pen primarily but i don't commit fully to tap+x / tobe; I stream using z+x, and tap+x for faster bpms when my left hand falls off. (~250+)
full region is your best friend, i do have to move my arm and it's not a problem just a matter of getting used to

Yamemasita is an example of a godly tap+x player, but ZeluaR is a singletap pen + tap/x for streams player. ZeluaR also plays full region

example liveplay of ZeluaR provided here

tap+x is one of the better playstyles for really fast stuff

anecdotal personal relation pen tapping is one of the most fun things ever, and I think it's what keeps me playing the game even though I have many other various commitments to attend to

I can pass AR9 Remote on DT singletaps only, have yet to try the AR10+DT. disclaimer passing does not by any means meaning FC'ing or getting 95% acc like ely; if needed i'll try to record a liveplay on friday or saturday. This is Elysion doing the AR10 version HD+DT

Philantropist wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

This

ITT: people value perceived skill>enjoyment of the game

plz enjoy game
Topic Starter
_entropic
I tried using full area for about 2 weeks, but no matter how i positioned my hand i just barely couldn't reach the corners.
Not sure how to post images, but I'm using about 93% of full area now, and i have no major problems with it.
It's still difficult to reach the corners, but no longer impossible, and I don't have to move where my wrist is planted at all.
Infevo

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

I can only do it with my mouse hand.
You tried Tobe with mouse? Did you flip your mouse on the back to tap your mouse key on your pad, went mad and wondered why your cursor wouldnt move? =/
ZenithPhantasm
I have a CTH-470 which I rarely use for osu
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You don't play osu.
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You don't play osu.
W0w