forum

quick question about gaming mice (please help) T_T

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AbsurdDive
So... my SteelSeries kinzu's dying at a faster pace than expected...

(this happens more often than before)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKmYbwcPYOE

so i'm looking for a new mouse...
these are my main options...

Razer Abyssus - Ttesports Saphira - Logitech G402 (they're all at my price range... converting my currency to US$ it translates to about 67 bucks)

is the saphira's sensor good? i really like the fact that you can change the dpi in intervals of 100..and the weight system

In terms of grips...[Steelseries Kinzu V1] I tried to palm it.. and it feels really slow, tried to claw grip it ... and my hand just cramps after a couple of songs...and finger tip is just... i can't control the fricking mouse with that grip)

any feedback from mouse players?

I hail from argentina.. so my options are quite narrow.. i can't go anywhere above the mice listed above..

please help me hahaha
i really need a new mouse.. i can't strech my budget any further.. gotta pay some bills haha
drum drum
moved to gamplay and rankings ㅇㅅㅇ
ZenithPhantasm
You can't go wrong with Logitech. Get the G402. /thread
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

dung eater
have you cleaned the mouse (lens area) and mousepad? does it happen on other surfaces?
ZenithPhantasm

jaaakb wrote:

have you cleaned the mouse (lens area) and mousepad? does it happen on other surfaces?
The Kinzu is a flawed mouse. Its best just to replace it.
Topic Starter
AbsurdDive
@jaaakb yes i did, and it showed that problem (sometimes right away.. sometimes after 2 or 3 songs)...
it's unfortunate.. but it was meant to happen eventually :cry:

i just traveled 20 minutes by bus/subway (with a flu...and 38ºc of body temp...yolo) and got the g402.. took it out of the box to look at it.. touched it... #hype... i'll plug it in and try it out.. but i gotta say.. it's a match made in heaven (feels SUPER comfortable..can't wait to test it out) :D

edit: drum, or anybody from the staff. Thread finished :D close it if you want :D (thanks for the quick replies people) :D
bigfeh
well, this was quick. You're gonna enjoy your new mouse, the g402 is probably the best alternative in the list. The Abyssus is shit

gonna call drum drum brb
Friendan

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

that's a flashy mouse; 9/10 it will suck
I heard SteelSeries mice, or at least the Kinzu, have mouse acceleration you can't turn off, so don't get a SteelSeries. I recommend the DeathAdder, but if you are looking for a Logitech mouse, the only good one is the G400. Posting it again.
Outdated but
Raniemi
I'm sure that the G402 is the best out of the 3
bigfeh

Friendan wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I heard SteelSeries mice, or at least the Kinzu, have mouse acceleration you can't turn off, so don't get a SteelSeries. I recommend the DeathAdder, but if you are looking for a Logitech mouse, the only good one is the G400. Posting it again.
Outdated but
not true for all mice. The Rival packs an overrated optical "perfect sensor"

@edit
and can we agree that list is shit? It's a decade old, new mice have come and gone. You'd need new info to make an informed decision, because there are a bunch of new sensors and tech as well as mice. Many on that list have already gone out of production
ZenithPhantasm

Friendan wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Lmfao did you just judge a mice on its looks? GJ destroying any credibility that you had.
Friendan

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Lmfao did you just judge a mice on its looks? GJ destroying any credibility that you had.
Everything "gaming" related flashy I've had ended up sucking. I fell into buying many things such as the G500
ZenithPhantasm

Friendan wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Everything "gaming" related flashy I've had ended up sucking. I fell into buying many things such as the G500
Obviously you have never done any research.
bigfeh

Friendan wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

flashy doesn't mean bad if you know how to buy it
trebby
I'd say go for the Logitech G402, it's definitely the most sturdy. The Abyssus is fine too, even though it's Razer.
The Gambler
I'd say spend a little more and go G502. Has the same ergo but a drastically better sensor than the G402 (AM010 (3.5 m/s PCS)<PMW 3366(7 m/s PCS)) --> PCS stands for the perfect control speed before sensor fails on tracking
ZenithPhantasm
AM010's PCS is actually 2.5-2.7m/s depending on surface.
Noobsicle
what's so flashy about a g402?
it's an improvement over the g400/g400s, weighing a little lighter than its predecessors while including extra side buttons that may be beneficial for tasks outside of osu!. yeah there's a sniper button and an led but that's nothing flashy nowadays
it's not even that expensive for a "flashy" mouse cough

unlike razer's regurgitation of the deathadder with minimal cosmetic changes such as a one-colored led on the 2013 version and RGB on the next just to milk more $$$

kinzu has a flawed sensor, i also had the same issue on my kinzu v2 where it'd just not track for some reason despite being on a clean surface and such etcetc

@op g402 is nice for palm grip, but if you can, try before you buy
NixXSkate

CuboidBeats wrote:

I'd say go for the Logitech G402, it's definitely the most sturdy. The Abyssus is fine too, even though it's Razer.
I think when choosing between these it's mostly preference. You have 2 opposite ends here, a big robust palm grip mouse from a reliable manufacturer, or a small lightweight mouse that, in turn, isn't as sturdy, but closer to the size of the Kinzu. The G402 would of course be the more recommended pick, but if you have small hands or just prefer smaller mice, you would probably prefer the Abyssus, as long as you don't have the tendency to throw it when you're pissed.

I don't know many people that have tried the Saphira, the thing seems too big for my hands (it's practically the same size as the DeathAdder).
deletemyaccount

Friendan wrote:

Not sure if troll or srs.

I saw you say something similar in another thread. You can't really say something will probably suck without either trying it or doing at least 'some' research.

Either way OP, you should if possible visit a local shop and try out what mice you find comfortable; I myself can vouch like many other people in this thread that you won't be dissapointed with the G402.
Lance
Out of that list I'd take the 402.
Nathan
Enjoy your G402!
AGRX
I have g502 and its kinda heavy "FOR ME" 152g, and they even give WEIGHTS adjustments on top of that. Im playing on 800 dpi - 1920x1080.

G502 is MOBA mouse or high dpi mouse IMHO. but you can see Mythol playing with this mouse well.

Tried g402 at shop and its much lighter, around 100g i think. on the other side g502 has slightly different sensor, which may be a slightly more accurate. surface calibration dont feel difference TBH.
But these new lowG accel sensors have few acceleration, bigger issue is player error aka. griping problems/mouse drifting/bad muscle memory.
ZenithPhantasm
OP has already bought the G402 if no one realized. Your input is still interesting tho.
Endaris
Indeed.
Don't forget to deactivate the acceleration it has after installing the software(it's called "Fusion Engine" but we all know it's acceleration).
It's a good mouse for osu! imo but I had to deactivate mouse buttons as they are light and I'd occasionally hit the left one - and due to my grip i sometimes accidently move the scrollwheel so I had to change my sound output with 100% in osu! and less on windows/boxes to prevent sudden spikes in volume that could distract me(pisses me a bit off that the scroll wheel doesnt count as mouse key and you can't remove the volume-function from it as far as i've seen).
But aside from that it's really good, it never slipped, has a good grip and is very resistant to sweat.
ZenithPhantasm
Why would you disable the accelerometer+gyro? They only kick in when the optical sensor fails.
Endaris
why would it fail
and why would i move my mouse with more than 1 m/s in osu!?
when i read "accel" and i just turned it off, no further investigation happened.
seems you're right about it though but really, i don't think i'd ever make use of it.
FieryLight

Endaris wrote:

why would it fail
and why would i move my mouse with more than 1 m/s in osu!?
when i read "accel" and i just turned it off, no further investigation happened.
seems you're right about it though but really, i don't think i'd ever make use of it.
You actually get a more excessive (negative) acceleration when you have if off. But hey, like you said, you're not going to be moving your mouse all that fast on osu
ZenithPhantasm
Tfw no one ever does research on what they buy. Smh.
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Vaati-

bigfeh wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Endaris
now i know more than i did before
all hail to g&r