forum

[Gratz to x-treme!] osu! Community Tournament II (10K-50K)

posted
Total Posts
show more
MeBeSleepy

[ Jg ] wrote:

What are the rules if you failed a song midway?
You lose the round and your oponent gets one point.
Ayamao

Kurocho wrote:

Are we allowed to choose whatever map we want for warmup? The maps I would want to play are either really troll (aka Callum Machine Gun) or long (United, Eight Awesome Angles of Youtube, Hanairo Biyori, Sentimental Skyscraper)
The only requirement for the warmup is that it can't be too long. (~4 minutes MAX)
Topic Starter
Arf

mayank0 wrote:

i wont be available b/w 27th-31st may, is it posible to play the games after 31st ? if yes then i might enter
Our first round starts on the 30th :c and matches will be played on 31st. We can't have you missing the whole first round D=
If you could make it on even one of the days, that would work. If not, well... PM us. We're working out scheduling at the moment anyway.

[R2] wrote:

[ Jg ] wrote:

What are the rules if you failed a song midway?
You lose the round and your oponent gets one point.
Well, if you fail, then revive, your score counts. If you don't revive, and your opponent has, or hasn't failed, your opponent gets a point. If you BOTH fail, the one who gets the highest score wins! So if you fail, DON'T GIVE UP! You definitely still have a chance!
nimfa109
It's only proposal but I think very hard maps (for example Image Material or Everything will Freeze [Extra] with Half Time will be good to mappool :) It will be something new.
Snajper
yaaaay lets try :)
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

It's only proposal but I think very hard maps (for example Image Material or Everything will Freeze [Extra] with Half Time will be good to mappool :) It will be something new.
HalfTime and/or Easy are things we may implement next time, but for now, let's keep it conventional =P
Good idea though! We actually take what you guys say into account =D

SutiBu wrote:

Your next Tour will be 10 up to 3k so i can join Kappaaz
Depends on votes hehe.

walaowey wrote:

Why not make it a 2v2 team tournament? it will be more fun ;) .. just a suggestion though :D
i think a lot of player will register for this tournament xD
We may have something like that in the future, but this will be 1v1! The staff invitational which we will stream next few weeks before OCT II is team based - no signups for that ;D, but we hope you tune in, even if only for a little bit!
FootBaller2793
I'm so hyped this is gonna be real fun :P
A d r i a n
sounds fun, signed
topi666
God I hope I get picked I reeeally wan to play!
Unforgiven
When would we know if we entered? *-* #Hype
[ Escu ]
HI! Nice tournament, I just joined but I'm with CEST (UTC+2). Can be a really problem with the shedule?
HYPE!
Ayamao

[ Escu ] wrote:

HI! Nice tournament, I just joined but I'm with CEST (UTC+2). Can be a really problem with the shedule?
HYPE!
Most people in Europe live in CEST (including me), so i don't think that will be a problem :)
Orangeduck
I think I signed up and put 30k instead of 20k and in case you have to look for it I did it a few days ago.
Ayamao

Izen x wrote:

When would we know if we entered? *-* #Hype
Probarly tommorow ^^, but definitly by the end of this week
Topic Starter
Arf

Orangeduck wrote:

I think I signed up and put 30k instead of 20k and in case you have to look for it I did it a few days ago.
No worries, we caught your error and fixed it =)
Thanks for notifying us!
Imanob
I hope "inactivity" won't keep me from participating. I'm decently active at times but I rarely try to FC something, for example.
qqkami
hypeyhype
Ayamao

Imanob wrote:

I hope "inactivity" won't keep me from participating. I'm decently active at times but I rarely try to FC something, for example.
We will look at the "last seen" date and not the date of top plays.
Imanob
Will we be able to see the list of accepted people by the first map pool release?
Hisui-iro

Imanob wrote:

Will we be able to see the list of accepted people by the first map pool release?
I think that we will be able, maybe even faster ^^ just be patient
Topic Starter
Arf

Imanob wrote:

We might push back our first map pool release a bit, but it will still be before the tournament. Releasing the pool 20 days in advance is maybe a bit much =)

Don't worry, accepted players will be released soon, if not with the map pool then within one or two days of it

EDIT: Map pool is going to be released this Sunday. Players list will be updated at a slightly later date
nimfa109
Hmm... Will be here any division? I't won't be fair if for example player with 40k rank must play with 10k rank.
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

Hmm... Will be here any division? I't won't be fair if for example player with 40k rank must play with 10k rank.
Originally, we thought this way too. However, after spending around 7 or 8 hours setting up rank to rank seeding, we realized that the time zones of our players ranked 30K+ weren't matching up very well. Rank doesn't matter if the other player cant show up for the match :o

So in order to avoid this, we put players into groups based more on time zones than rank, and randomized (rfandomized =D) EVERYBODY. So whoever gets matched up with a person a bit too above their rank, well, its unavoidable. Somewhere down the line, during the rounds of the tournament, it would have been inevitable that players would have to face other players ranked higher than them. While it may seem unfair to have this in the very first round, randomizing it eliminates whatever bias the staff may have had.
In the end, randomizing it is the fairest option we could use. 256 people is a lot, and perfect matchups ain't happening. If you are 40K and you have to face a 10K, well......think of it as having to face South Korea first round in the MWC. Someone has to do it! We're sorry it had to be you :(
nimfa109
"We're sorry it had to be you"
I feel spoiler >.<
Snajper

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I feel spoiler >.<
Dont worry be happy! You can do this! ^-^
nimfa109
I believe!
[ Jg ]
Received my PM! Cheers to more gameplay and maybe supporter tags.
- neuH -
Received my Invation... :3 Good Luck to everyone who is going to participate... :)
mateo690
I'm accepted as well :D Good luck, everyone. :)
Hisui-iro
Yo guys, lets have fun ^^
Snajper
Yeee accepted!
Good Luck & Have Fun! :3
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I feel spoiler >.<
It looks like you've been accepted! If you haven't received your PM yet, you should soon. Don't worry Nim =)
Hopefully you haven't been given the task of facing South Korea D=
Vio
Thanks for the acceptance, I'll get better to catch up with the rest of the players competing. :)
nimfa109

rfandomization wrote:

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I feel spoiler >.<
It looks like you've been accepted! If you haven't received your PM yet, you should soon. Don't worry Nim =)
Hopefully you haven't been given the task of facing South Korea D=
Yup, I'm accepted and for my happiness I haven't to face with Korean :)
I can't wait for map pool :D
-rocket
Even though I wasn't accepted, good luck to all! :)
Euphoric
Is this meant to be me? I applied :3 There is no one in Osu! called Cdyr :P
http://gyazo.com/a8c76e7a76d839f9da3006f8a9d3f56f
Topic Starter
Arf

Udyr wrote:

Is this meant to be me? I applied :3 There is no one in Osu! called Cdyr :P
http://gyazo.com/a8c76e7a76d839f9da3006f8a9d3f56f
Err, your screenshot says Cydr, not Cdyr xD.
Don't worry, I PM-d you =)
Imanob
Damn, I wasn't accepted... I wonder why. Oh well, maybe next time!
nimfa109
I have one question. Who must create the room? One of admins or one of 2 players?
Samothrace
How many maps are played in a round? BO3, 5, 7?
show more