posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
NF? Reaction time? Reading? What?
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

it was 2000 not a week ago when i last saw his profile, well
I doubt it. G100S jitters at any dpi setting above 1000. The cursor literally shakes.
bigfeh

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Practice maps that you can FC.
Don't listen to mahogany, he's stuck SSing 4.5 star maps forever.

As for everything else: don't listen to b1rd (I still love you b1rd, please don't hate me <3) or anyone else who says you should lower your CPI. That's ultimately your preference and it's your call to make, not anyone else's; if you're used to 2400, change it back to what it should be and go play the game

It's good to practice everything. So what you want is to play easier maps that you can FC to practice consistency and fix bad habits, but you also want to play maps that are harder for you but you can consistently pass (most of the time anyways), so you learn higher ARs, practice higher ODs and get used to harder patterns.

tl;dr: use your cpi, play everything
git gud
become cookezi
Mahogany

bigfeh wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Don't listen to mahogany, he's stuck SSing 4.5 star maps forever.
I will have you know I play 4.7 maps now and the only reason I don't play higher is that I have a lack of good maps between 4.7* and 5*

Besides if you listen to me you can get my cyborg acc for ez pp

Also I love how this topic is literally just about mice settings now

tablet master race
trebby
You can train your stamina by playing longer maps like marathon, or maps with 1200+ combos. Also, play maps mostly at your own level, and feel free to move a tenth of a star up when you feel like you can easily fc maps at that level.
Yuudachi-kun
Fc harder and harder maps and don't care about acc then find out you need to fix your acc once the maps get too hard to fc like me.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6345158
So here is what I'm doing: I am FC-ing maps that i can, all while being at 1600 DPI with 1.15X sensitivity. I'm more accurate now, and I can see improvement in myself. The only thing holding me back now it that i like to cursor dance on some songs... Ill break the habit eventually. Thanks for at the mouse info and tips everyone! :)
4mpy
Play maps that are extremely hard for you and do your best to pass them.

(Be smart with your hands please)
ithgyu

Empyrean wrote:

thank you for not being one of those "only play maps you can get 98%+ acc on and fc" people... this is the true way to improve, not by playing what you can already play well
PakaChan
In the end everyone tells you to play something different. You won't get your answer here. People improve in their own way, at their own speed. The kind of map/patterns/bpm/ar/od that helps someone else won't help you. It's sad but you'll have to find out on your own what's good for you.

Your best choice for now is to keep a balance, play maps that you can 98%, play maps that you can barely FC, play maps you have a hard time passing.
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

Empyrean wrote:

thank you for not being one of those "only play maps you can get 98%+ acc on and fc" people... this is the true way to improve, not by playing what you can already play well
Yeah, you completely don't improve by trying really hard to fc maps just out of your range (not 98%+), but by spamming your keys an justtrying to hope to aim correctly.

I guess that's why my graph is a flatline.
ithgyu

Kheldragar wrote:

Yeah, you completely don't improve by trying really hard to fc maps just out of your range (not 98%+), but by spamming your keys an justtrying to hope to aim correctly.

I guess that's why my graph is a flatline.
you dont learn to jump larger distances by playing maps with smaller jumps. If you play the same star rating + same playstyle for your entire life, never trying a step above that, you will never be able to do that step above, because your body isnt being allowed to learn it. fcs dont mean shit until youre a really high rank, because those plays will not give you a single pp by the time you get to that high rank, better to actually practice your individual weaknesses and have the pp come naturally, and you dont practice your weeknesses by playing what you are already good at.
Yuudachi-kun
5 star maps have small jumps? I wasn't aware in the 90+ days I've been exclusively playing them to fc. I also wasn't aware 5 stars is a diverse range of difficulties.

I guess you've never had a map just out of your range to fc that you apent so long trying to fc. Play rise against injection on the second hardest diff; I have an fc and it's above my skill level.

How about that ai no scenario map with the crappy background? I tried hard to get my slider break S.

Fuck, I guess daidai might count too. Hell, how about that streamy akatsuki song?

NNRT was a pain on the hardest diff.
ithgyu
why would you spend so much time trying to fc a song that is outside your range when its going to be worth literally nothing to you if you continue playing and improving at the game
woqx
just try to have fun and play a bit of everything

youre still new to the game so enjoy it and dont start overanalyzing things, im sure a lot of beginners worry too much about improving and end up quitting when they feel like they hit a wall

PakaChan wrote:

In the end everyone tells you to play something different. You won't get your answer here.
Karuta-_old_1

Mahoganytooth wrote:

I agree with Mahoganytooth here
I have seen too many 30k being able to pass 5.5stars+ maps and struggle to keep a decent combo in 4.5 stars map
those people must have shit aim to be able to pull off something like that

Just play those maps you have a chance to FC and maybe a few retries if you are unsatisfied with your first score
but you don't necessarily have to FC if you can't
And alternatively you might want to play the easier difficulty before you move on to the main/harder difficulty

You can play those songs that are above your level, but know when to stop

Playing multiplayer can sometimes boost your abilities depending on the players/hosts of the room

Multiplayer gives me that placebo effect that boosts my accuracy in harder songs
ZenithPhantasm
Practice specific things you can't do until you can do them without thinking.
Also remember to take breaks or RSI-sama will come for you
Mahogany

II Jelli II wrote:

Empyrean wrote:

sorry m8 but mashing on extremely hard maps won't do anything for you

seriously, mashing. In a rhythm game. Sometimes I have to question some people's logic.

And I'm one of those 98 (99)% and FC people. Look at my performance graph. Aside from 3 weeks of sickness and 5 days of GTA V's release, I've been constantly improving.

It's okay to play maps above your level, but don't play them if they're too hard or they'll give you bad habits.
ithgyu
Got a fkn genius here... Jesus in not saying to play dt big black mash the shit out of everything, you can get 94% acc off misses, not by mashing. It's pretty common sense for most people that playing maps that are clusterfks for them won't help, but that doesn't mean you can't challenge yourself without mashing. There are pleanty of maps I've played that I can regularly get 97% acc on but I know that I absolutely cannot fc because of longer jumps than I'm used to, more complex patterns, hard aim streams etc, things you find when you play maps that actually challenge you
Mahogany
I play stuff that challenges me, but I'm always capable of getting 99% on anything that's OD8, reasonable, and doesn't have long streams, because it's OD8. So I still manage to linearly progress in * difficulty while maintaining very good acc and getting far more PP for the same maps than people who learned the game by mashing and have bad acc.

And if you get 94% acc off misses then you're definitely doing it wrong, and are definitely mashing if you miss THAT many times.

You basically said "Play maps that are extremely hard for you" which implies stuff like facemashing dt big black mash the shit out of everything. And you seemed to be agreeing with that statement, yet now you say not to play clusterfucks.

As I said I can see the value in playing maps that are more difficult than you're used to but there's nothing to gain from playing extremely hard maps.
trebby
What I think you mean to say is, play maps that give you a challenge.
(Not maps you know you can't pass because they're 8+ stars)
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

why would you spend so much time trying to fc a song that is outside your range when its going to be worth literally nothing to you if you continue playing and improving at the game
Because all of the songs 180+pp I've fc'd are out of my range and trying to fc them has lead to improvement rather than mashing 6 star maps; the point is that they're BARELY out of your range.

Do you think 180-200pp is going to be worth nothing in a short amount of time? El Oh fucking el. You said you have to improve by straining yourself, and that's what this is, but I'm saying there's a point of difficulty where you're not going to benefit as much. I.e, it's too fucking hard to even pass.
I Give Up
Play more. Don't think. Push buttons. Believe.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Play more. Don't think. Push buttons. Believe.

Play more one star songs? Okay
Friendan
don't believe anyone in this thread that says to play things you can easily FC. Play things that are harder than you can FC, but not so hard that you can't pass it. FC = good for pp, bad for actually getting good.
Source: I play instruments, it works the same way

Also when I pp farmed I ended up wasting like 2,000 plays on the same skill level with no improvement and barely any pp gained because you get worse the more you try to farm. So yeah don't do what I did, I'm actually improving again, something I haven't done in 2,000 plays.
Yuudachi-kun

Friendan wrote:

don't believe anyone in this thread that says to play things you can easily FC. Play things that are harder than you can FC, but not so hard that you can't pass it. FC = good for pp, bad for actually getting good.
Source: I play instruments, it works the same way

Also when I pp farmed I ended up wasting like 2,000 plays on the same skill level with no improvement and barely any pp gained because you get worse the more you try to farm. So yeah don't do what I did, I'm actually improving again, something I haven't done in 2,000 plays.
I keep improving from not following your advice because everything I try to fc is above my skill level. I'm still waiting for someone to address that point.

Playing challenging songs for Fc > Playing maps that are hard but you can't fc > playing easy as fuck songs to fc > Spamming the fuck out of maps you can't pass > playing songs that are 1 stars
Karuta-_old_1

Kheldragar wrote:

Playing challenging songs for Fc > Playing maps that are hard but you can't fc > playing easy as fuck songs to fc > Spamming the fuck out of maps you can't pass > playing songs that are 1 stars
I am between the 2nd and 3rd category, hmm not bad
bigfeh

Kheldragar wrote:

2nd out of 5, not bad
get rekt mahogany
Mahogany
Everyone assumes I play ez maps just cuz I can acc OD8 well ;c
bigfeh

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Everyone assumes I play ez maps just cuz I can acc OD8 well ;c
overranked od11 3 star player
that's you

but you're MY overranked od11 3 star player <3
Mahogany
<3
Yuudachi-kun
You can only get to a certain rank with just good accuracy before you have to play harder maps.

The reverse was true for me, then I had to 99% some songs.
ZenithPhantasm
Practice HR for better mechanics.
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Practice DT for worse mechanics.
nomikos_old

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

don't practice with hr... ever
Barusamikosu

bigfeh wrote: