forum

supercell - The Bravery (TV Edit)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Where does it say the specific color I chose is unrankable? Only pure black and white are objectively dq'able. I'm referring to qat when saying the color is apparently unreadable.

Ziin- blending is subjective, your color number jargon assumes a bg that is a solid color, which is not the case.
ziin

monstrata wrote:

Ziin- blending is subjective, your color number jargon assumes a bg that is a solid color, which is not the case.
Yes, the rule is subjective. My jargon assumes a solid color because that section of the map is a mostly solid color, which is the only trouble area.

Can you really say that this does not blend at all?
Kibbleru
played absolutely fine to me. imo orange is worse lol
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Can you really say that this does not blend at all?

Point is, circles and sliders don't move, therefore they can be considered based on screenshots alone, but the approach circle moves. Saying it's "unreadable" based on strategically cropped screen-shots is poor judgement.
Saoji
I actually tested it 0% dim (which didn't happen in 2 years lol) with my own skin, which gives a way more darker blue than it is with default skin http://puu.sh/iFh8c/de7867af31.jpg and I had no problem at all fcing (and so read) it first try. There's really no problem with this color. lol
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Talked with ztrot, and it looks like it's going to take a long time before the contest even gets looked at. This sucks, because the changes (very minimal) are easily applied. I'm considering just making the adequate changes pointed out in the disqualification post and moving on with things. pishi, captin, what do you two think?

Insane> Lower AR to 8.8
Combo Color > delete the dark blue color
Hitsounds > Replace the claps with soft-whistles (or nothing).
LeeoS
I love this map, the song is awesome too :)
awesome work in this beatmap.
Lolparty
So the QATs fight contests by waiting them out. nice
pishifat

monstrata wrote:

pishi, captin, what do you two think?
do it
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Problem with contesting a dq is that its only run by two people, and neither of which are the qat responsible for dq'ing the map. There is no longer a system in place to discuss points with the QATs and/or to see and better understand the QAT's perspective on subjective DQ's. Everyone makes mistakes, QATs included. Posting under the name "Quality Assurance Team" means you are speaking on the team's behalf. It doesn't mean the entire team has gone through the map and came to the same conclusion.

If you guys want to post as a "team" it would be nice if your posts were more thorough too, because the DQ's back when dq's were handled by individual members were often far more helpful and didn't (intention or not) offend the mapper as much. Anonymity allows one to be harsher with words without as many drawbacks. Calling that blue combo color "unreadable" by any standard was exaggerating lol.

Anyways, lets get this rolling again
captin1
00:17:370 (4) - a (in magi)
Topic Starter
Monstrata
oops. removed clap.
captin1
boop
Topic Starter
Monstrata
talked with pishi. we decided to remove the claps from the later section 00:21:656 - 00:30:545 - as well because the QAT bot's dq was aimed at there being too many hitsounds in a relatively quiet section. i'm fine with this.

sry about my internet lol i literally didnt get any replies on irc.
pishifat
Background
68747470733a2f2f646c2e64726f70626f7875736572636f6e74656e742e636f6d2f752f36343330393535332f6f73752f496d70726f76656420496d616765732f6d6f6e7374726174612f6d61672e6a7067.jpg is 1366x768, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768.
Spaghetti
sick edits b r o
Haruto
Regrats!, i hope it won't DQed again :)
walaowey
gratz again xD
Hope nothing happen this time :D
meii18
Suddenly I found this mapset requalified.Regratz monstrata :3
schwarzvgrune
congratulations <3 o(≧v≦)o~~
Topic Starter
Monstrata
We made it!!!

Thanks for all the support! specially pishi <3 mp3 editing op.
Modem
I'm late (= A ='''')
Congratz monstrata~!
Very nice mappu <3
Saoji

Lolparty wrote:

So the QATs fight contests by waiting them out. nice
^

Anyway, there were only minor things.
Congratulations!!