forum

fingernail size and how this improved your gameplay?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vsprite
Ive found out that changing my fingernail length from 82mm to 81mm has made an impact on my unstable rate by up to 4.7% across 7 songs. How has this affected your gameplay when you change the length of your fingernails?
woqx
nice thread
Nyxa
Kinda related; I noticed that the distance from my screen to my chair affects my aim. I'm always messing around with my laptop a bit to get a distance at which I can aim comfortably. Anyone know why this is?
woqx
Probably because the further away you sit from the screen, the smaller it becomes, so it's kinda like changing osu! resolution to make the game take up more/less of your FOV.
Nyxa
Makes sense, thanks!
GoldenWolf
I actually noticed I tend to be a bit more accurate with longer fingernails, but a bit slower too. Kinda funny I guess.
DeletedUser_3905941
fuck it
B1rd
My finger nail length is inversely proportionate to the approach rate I can read.
dung eater
shorter are better for me, if they touch keys i lose the feel for the keys
ZenithPhantasm
Shorter because its easier to hit the keycap's sweetspot
trash aim_old
i dont think
blahpy
In all seriousness I can't stream well with long fingernails on tapping fingers and have to make sure they are cut, they just get in the way lol
trebby
I always keep mine trimmed, but I haven't ever noticed any hinders in gameplay from long fingernails.
I Give Up
In relation to the topic, the elasticity of the pants i'm wearing effects my bpm by up to 69%. The tighter they are the faster I go.
Mafuuu
Shorter nails save my tablet pen from my death grip and keeps the lettering on my keyboard meaning longer gameplay and wow I can still see the letters. hooray.
Rio-
Having long fingernail makes my finger sometimes slip while single-tapping... so, short fingernail
Friendan
Well, you see, I have super long fingernails, and I kind of get them wedged between the keycap and the switch. Then, I try to move my finger but it vibrates vigorously and I can stream at over 400 BPM

On a serious note, all I think long fingernails would do is mess up your grip/streaming. I've only experienced long nails once, because i have to keep my nails short in order to play viola/guitar
Nameless
I don't even have fingernails and I'm doing just fine.
GhostFrog
My mouse grip sucks and if I don't keep the nail on my little finger really short it digs into the side of my mouse
Jaycee2p
with the first few comments, i can't tell if this is a joke thread or not
Kaaruumii

Jaycee2p wrote:

necro
Stomiks

MFGSTC wrote:

Jaycee2p wrote:

necro
Classic first posts necro