forum

North America osu!standard Tournament 2015! ([Toy] Wins!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
jackisgone
what matches are you guys planning to stream and if both players would want to DT a freemod map is that possible?
Lach

jackisgone wrote:

what matches are you guys planning to stream and if both players would want to DT a freemod map is that possible?
Only the tiebreaker will be freemod, you won't want to dt those.
Te Amo
Estimated release day of mappool?
Lach
Some time after thursday. The "posted asap" part was a miscommunication.

We also need more people to referee since there's going to be about 50 matches in the first round alone.
dunois

MMzz wrote:

Signups are closed. This is our current 64 player list:
List (Ctrl -F to find your username)
Azer
Kaoru
Xilver
Kitteh
Nitro
xElectroGH
kablaze
Broccoly
[ Saturn ]
[Toy]
Ritzeh
Axarious
Death
Kairi
Seouless
pooptartsonas
MiruHong
Mlaw22
Sage
Corim
Astana
Callum
TrickMirror
Andrew
Torahiko
Ciao
Jaitonat
iDanny
Kyle
RamenOtaku
Ragnawrawk
Smoothie World
-ekik-
-[Kirito]-
outohere
Floks
Bittles
bananamilk
GraySilvers
Talbadar
Shunsui
Shiro-
Pettanko
Chupalika
brenbread
Zerokae
captin1
Quanteck
mithew
_WinRAWR
[ BJ ]
Stoneybeans
Techniques
- [ U z z I ] -
Genolo
TNP
KevEz
VINXIS
Satonaka
darklord142
Dunois
jackisgone
samplefish
Current Bracket:
Google doc for full sign up list:
Click here!

If you are in the top 64 and no longer want to play, you have until Monday, May 18th to tell me. This is so I can adjust the seed and have it finalized.

mappool will be posted ASAP.

>against Xilver first round

Thought it was seeded by pp rank :<
jackisgone

Dunois wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Azer
Kaoru
Xilver
Kitteh
Nitro
xElectroGH
kablaze
Broccoly
[ Saturn ]
[Toy]
Ritzeh
Axarious
Death
Kairi
Seouless
pooptartsonas
MiruHong
Mlaw22
Sage
Corim
Astana
Callum
TrickMirror
Andrew
Torahiko
Ciao
Jaitonat
iDanny
Kyle
RamenOtaku
Ragnawrawk
Smoothie World
-ekik-
-[Kirito]-
outohere
Floks
Bittles
bananamilk
GraySilvers
Talbadar
Shunsui
Shiro-
Pettanko
Chupalika
brenbread
Zerokae
captin1
Quanteck
mithew
_WinRAWR
[ BJ ]
Stoneybeans
Techniques
- [ U z z I ] -
Genolo
TNP
KevEz
VINXIS
Satonaka
darklord142
Dunois
jackisgone
samplefish
Current Bracket:
Click here!

If you are in the top 64 and no longer want to play, you have until Monday, May 18th to tell me. This is so I can adjust the seed and have it finalized.

it is? tourneys are always highest seed vs lowest seed order
jackisgone

Lach wrote:

jackisgone wrote:

Only the tiebreaker will be freemod, you won't want to dt those.
hmm how do you know i wont want to dt those lol
Topic Starter
MMzz

Dunois wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Azer
Kaoru
Xilver
Kitteh
Nitro
xElectroGH
kablaze
Broccoly
[ Saturn ]
[Toy]
Ritzeh
Axarious
Death
Kairi
Seouless
pooptartsonas
MiruHong
Mlaw22
Sage
Corim
Astana
Callum
TrickMirror
Andrew
Torahiko
Ciao
Jaitonat
iDanny
Kyle
RamenOtaku
Ragnawrawk
Smoothie World
-ekik-
-[Kirito]-
outohere
Floks
Bittles
bananamilk
GraySilvers
Talbadar
Shunsui
Shiro-
Pettanko
Chupalika
brenbread
Zerokae
captin1
Quanteck
mithew
_WinRAWR
[ BJ ]
Stoneybeans
Techniques
- [ U z z I ] -
Genolo
TNP
KevEz
VINXIS
Satonaka
darklord142
Dunois
jackisgone
samplefish
Current Bracket:
Click here!

That bracket isn't finalized, it will be tomorrow.

Also you are one of the lowest seeds and xilver is one of the highest seeds. That is how you got matched.
quanteck bout to get rekt first round Kappa
dunois
Ohhhh lmao
Thought it was lowest with lowest and highest with highest and so on

Dunois wrote:

Ohhhh lmao
then the about medium would play the very best in the finals, which shouldnt really happen if we are deciding the bestr :/

btw, just because my rank changed after the 15th doesnt really mean anything (my bracket position wouldn't change) right ?
Topic Starter
MMzz

0120 wrote:

Dunois wrote:

Ohhhh lmao
then the about medium would play the very best in the finals, which shouldnt really happen if we are deciding the bestr :/

btw, just because my rank changed after the 15th doesnt really mean anything (my bracket position wouldn't change) right ?
No. We are seeding it by the rank you had the night sign-ups closed.

MMzz wrote:

0120 wrote:

No. We are seeding it by the rank you had the night sign-ups closed.
shoot that kinda disappointing, i shouldve raised it a bit quicker than ;w;
Topic Starter
MMzz
Final bracket and player list in the OP.

@0120: For some reason challonge will not accept your name as 0120. It is correct on my bracket but not in the image for some reason.

BTW WE NEED REFS. (people playing can be refs as well, just not in your own matches)

EDIT: The bracket and player list is now final. I am not changing the userlist/seed again. If anyone drops out from this point on, it is an automatic win for the other user. (I sent out mass PMs to confirm people are still playing, so there should not be any intentional dropouts now.)

MMzz wrote:

Final bracket and player list in the OP.

@0120: For some reason challonge will not accept your name as 0120. It is correct on my bracket but not in the image for some reason.

BTW WE NEED REFS. (people playing can be refs as well, just not in your own matches)
weird, lol, anyway it's completely fine can't do anything about it :3 thanks for trying~ if anyone needs to message me make sure you make it to 0120 instead of 120 though :-/
Good luck to everyone~
Edit: Heyyy it updated the image and now it says 0120!! I guess it was just updated a bit late and my opponent changed, shouldnt have messaged them so quickly before it was final ;w;
Thank you for the fix in the name~
DarkL1nk
O my sidjbosjb it went so fast already
:C
Lach

Something to note is the relative ease of the nomod maps compared to the mod maps. We (I, mainly) were going for a consistency test more than anything, for the first round at least. That's not to say that all rounds are going to have easier nomod maps than modded.

You won't need to individually go through the links and download each map one by one. I've prepared a map pack with each map having an identical, unranked difficulty saved as "[NAT1]". This is for several reasons. The first of which is last year we had some players not really wanting to go over their own scores on a map just to participate, thus they dropped out. The second being that as we are using [some] unranked maps, to prevent confusion in the event that a mapper updates his or her mapset, or if a qualified map is disqualified, there will be a common copy of the map for everyone to play on.

The osz package does not contain videos, storyboards (sorry Damnae! I highly suggest you go download Kung-Fu Empire with the epic storyboard!), or other unranked difficulties. You will need to redownload the mapset from the links above if you wish to have all of these extras. They will integrate with your current song folder if you have the map already and hopefully not overwrite anything important. Depending on how this is received, I might make changes to this method of distributing the map packages.

tl;dr: You will play the NAT1 difficulty contained in each osz package inside the map pack. You can practice on the ranked or pending version but I can't make any guarantee that nothing will change between now and the start of round one.

Click here to download the map pack
Te Amo
Ehh :/ its aight
Lanturn
Maybe rename the diffs to show what mods they'll be using? It'll be a lot more convenient. DT/HR/HD/NM/TB

ex.
EasyPop - Happy Synthesizer (alacat) [NAT1 - DT]
Lach

Lanturn wrote:

Maybe rename the diffs to show what mods they'll be using? It'll be a lot more convenient. DT/HR/HD/NM/TB

ex.
EasyPop - Happy Synthesizer (alacat) [NAT1 - DT]
Not a bad idea, I think I'll do that next round. Thanks.
I like the idea of the new difficulty to not overwrite the scores, I was really worried about getting an SS on some maps but now I can go SS and it wouldn't count for me \o/
I also think the Mod in dif name is a good idea too, would love to see that happen. Anyway time for more practice~
DoubleO7_old
Pretty disappointing map pool; your average rank 10k player in a 4-5star multi lobby makes better selections in terms of both difficulty and quality of map.
Lach

DoubleO7 wrote:

Pretty disappointing map pool; your average rank 10k player in a 4-5star multi lobby makes better selections in terms of both difficulty and quality of map.
Wrong account buddy.
MiruHong

DoubleO7 wrote:

Te Amo

DoubleO7 wrote:

Yuudachi-kun

Lach wrote:

DoubleO7 wrote:

Wrong account buddy.
Wow
Andrew

Lach wrote:

DoubleO7 wrote:

Wrong account buddy.
CatsOnAcid
Missed the sign up oops
Yuudachi-kun

CatsOnAcid wrote:

Missed the sign up oops
YOU CAUSED CHIPPY TO BE IN THIS TOURNAMENT
Topic Starter
MMzz
We still need refs.
Lanturn
Oh. June isn't that busy for me so I could probably help out a little. I'll fill out a form anyways.
Topic Starter
MMzz
Even if we don't have enough refs, we will do what we always do. Anyone can ref, just make sure you follow the ref rules and make a post here.

We've never had foul-play before, so I trust this system for emergency refs.
Is it okay for participants to ref?
If you absolutely need it I will be more available on the week of the tourney so I might be able to do some emergency ref-ish thing.
I know that it seems unfair if another competitor refs but it seems like it's a pretty desperate need so if you really need it, I am up for it.
Lach

0120 wrote:

Is it okay for participants to ref?
If you absolutely need it I will be more available on the week of the tourney so I might be able to do some emergency ref-ish thing.
I know that it seems unfair if another competitor refs but it seems like it's a pretty desperate need so if you really need it, I am up for it.
Yes, if you're playing in the tournament you can still referee as long as it isn't your own match. It would be another story if a map selector or the tournament manager played in his or her own tournament, though.
Te Amo
Are some First round matches being livestreamed? Looking forward to some matches c:
Kimitakari

KevEz wrote:

Are some First round matches being livestreamed? Looking forward to some matches c:
Yea seriously you have no Streamers,what to do?No Livestream it this American Tourney??
Topic Starter
MMzz
We dont stream until the quaterfinal.
Bzer
So like im just wondering but when is first rounds starting? I dont see any match sign ups or schedules. Are they supposed to be pm'd?
captin1
since it hasn't been publicly announced

Mlaw22 vs captin1
Sunday, June 7
10pm EST/7pm PST
Satonaka
xElectroGH vs Satonaka
Saturday, June 6
4pm EST/1pm PST
show more