forum

How long did it take you to be good enough to do 6* maps?

posted
Total Posts
show more
bigfeh
I sightread this on a mp lobby and passed it. Passing shit is not the difficult part, fcing it with 99+% acc is
unfortunately I don't have the replay because it was an mp lobby and I forgot to export

@edit
yes there was no recovery, I would've passed it if it were a solo play
Vuelo Eluko
o yeah well i sight-read this and passed it too, after i watched www play the 240bpm version because the map looked fun

definitely didnt feel like 6.48, then again spaced streams are my bitch and im guessing thats why it's rated such.
woqx

Awlex wrote:

I'm between 5 and 6 right now

what
Yuudachi-kun
He forgot to add DT.
E m i
20 days ago 8^
Vuelo Eluko
I've noticed a marked improvement in my ability to play 11 stars 420bpm as of late

Nyxa

B1rd wrote:

Don't judge your level on what you can pass. All that matters is what you can full combo.
Because passing an 8* wouldn't be impressive.

Also, to answer your question, it's been around 2 years now and I passed my first 6* a few months ago, and my first 7* a few weeks ago. It really heavily depends on the map, there are 5* maps I can't pass and 7* maps I can play smoothly. I doubt it's any different for anyone else.
bigfeh

Tess wrote:

It really heavily depends on the map, there are 5* maps I can't pass and 7* maps I can play smoothly. I doubt it's any different for anyone else.
Great point. SR is pretty consistent but our skills never are

Seconding this really, really hard
Topic Starter
Awlex
Btw: I wrote "do" insteat of "pass" because i reach max titlelength. Didn't know, that those are completly different. Then lets say i can do 3-4* and pass easy 5-5.5 maps. And now i will concentrate me on acc and combo.
Short
I think you need to set your standards a little bit higher.

Mashing your way through a 6 star map doesn't mean you can do it. It means you can't read patterns or aim properly to maintain decent accuracy(which I consider to be 93% at the VERY LEAST) while playing through the map.

My advice to you, play easier maps until you can work your way up and hit the notes in a "x"-star map with very few-to-no misses/100s.
Vuelo Eluko
96% is where mashing status begins
Yuudachi-kun

Riince wrote:

Because you can take an od8 song at 98%, change it to od9, and have the exact same hits at the exact same time turn to 92%. Riince doesn't know what actual mashing is.
Topic Starter
Awlex

Riince wrote:

Is this the reason, why you have a different title below your profilepicture?
trash aim_old
4 months to constantly pass most of them, not accounting for accuracy
Vuelo Eluko

Awlex wrote:

Riince wrote:

Is this the reason, why you have a different title below your profilepicture?
yes i got Rhythm Incarnate for my accuracy
Yuudachi-kun
But not your aim :^)
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

But not your aim :^)
Shots fired.
Rip Riince
-Makishima S-
Ok, i think i got what i wanted to say. You may judge by my rank as a newb but i think you will agree with my words. You should not play map where you cannot get decent ~85%+ accuracy becouse it will just make you worse. I know this by myself - unlearn the button mashing habit is painfull and as long as you will continue button mashing (i can guess just becouse you cannot follow you just faceroll your head over keyboard), you will get worse and worse to the point where you will never play 6-star maps.

Accuracy is important same as aim. If you want to improve, give it time and don't rush, unless you are GOD who can get 96%+ acc on every map at second try - according to your top plays and recent plays, you cannot. I got good advice and imma pass it to you: start improving your top plays in case of accuracy and possible FC, it helps not only with pp income but also your skill level.

At the end, you are not even close to play 5* maps becouse C / low B ranks are just random passes. You cannot call this playing a map.
That's my POV of this situation.

If it gives you fun, do so.
If you want to rank up and gain PP - start putting some effort into your skill.

@Edit - map on my skill level what i actual consider as played, not passed: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3075004 and still i know i can SS it.
Raniemi
I still can't pass most 6 star maps
ZenithPhantasm

Raniemi wrote:

Need to turn off that PF mod.
cheezstik

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Raniemi wrote:

Need to turn off that PF mod.

Looks like it's off to me.
7ambda

Awlex wrote:

From what you guy say is that I'm moving to fast forward Toward passing (for me) high level maps. So I'll slow down and try getting myself to 95% on 4.5. Thanks for your advices

Endaris wrote:

You should open a thread and ask how long it takes to be good enough to do 8*
That' s something i could do,once i reach 7 with 90% ;)
Combo > Accuracy
Yuudachi-kun
A miss counts 0%.
-Makishima S-

F1r3tar wrote:

Combo > Accuracy
Ok.

Like this?

:cry:
Barusamikosu

aisakatayga wrote:

Maybe he just needs to fix his offset and instantly become an accuracy god.
dung eater

Barusamikosu wrote:

aisakatayga wrote:

Maybe he just needs to fix his offset and instantly become an accuracy god.
Having 300s, 100s and 50s implies at least the 50s (23) were off by a lot compared to the rest, which could be centered around the 300/100 hit window border.
vsprite
Yes