forum

Custom Catch the Beat (CTB) characters chooser (WITH IMAGE)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +205
show more
Nyan
^w^
yes
[KOR]Extream_Sigma
Yes!
It's Awesome!

Don Kat Dondonkat don dodokat don kat don dodokat kat don katkatdon kat don kat dodokadodon don kat
Don Kat Dondonkatdon dododon kat don kat kakadon kat don kat kat don kat kat don kat don dokakakadokadon don kat
(LoL)
Shino
Both of above seems very cool ><
(I prefer Alex0686's thought more, though)
Himitsu-
yes, agree with the idea of actively.
TsunaTuna_old
Damn... dudes this idea is some kinda not good

idk y but maybe i would takes mor time 2 play
Miyal
agree it

Very good idea
SacredRED
I'm definitely aggressive with this opinion
Ra-s
Great!

agree it.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy
I still didn't make the image...
Wait, but the idea is obvious right? For the skin tab
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Azure_Kyte wrote:

So uhhh...

Support.
Wow, good image edit!
This could be the Skin Tab...
Anyone!
Hurude Rika
agree it, too

great idea.
Vagineer

gabrielwoj wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

So uhhh...

Support.
Wow, good image edit!
This could be the Skin Tab...
Anyone!
It will be a good idea. Support ^^
Arusha Shuna

Alex0686 wrote:

Notice the arrows are existing skin element...
this is awesome
full-support
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Arusha Shuna wrote:

Alex0686 wrote:

Notice the arrows are existing skin element...
this is awesome
full-support
Totally epic, I didn't saw this one
NoteKuroi
I Agree

Very nice idea >:3
lucky_monday
agree it
Curisu
That's great :)
Agree it
Ahe9a0_IOli
sdfasff12342134512
Haneii
Support!Support!Support! XD
sp1ky
Supporty
-David
a
Claudia_old
hi, bringing this back to people's attentions even though it's on the first page.

I like:

- Selecting skins for each mode [because I like using different ones for ctb/osu! standard]
- original idea of selecting the character
- skinning tab.

Thread gets my first vote!
Mara
I think this should be applied for Taiko as well, since we can now skin custom-dons.
OzzyOzrock

LunaticMara wrote:

I think this should be applied for Taiko as well, since we can now skin custom-dons.
YES

YESYESYES
explorertotodile
u could have poses like when in the no section they could get tired out and they fall over in a funny way when u fail
[Sean]
A nice thing to add as well would be a "Skins" tab instead of jamming it all onto the one tab for graphics.

Taiko, CtB and osu! standard skins on it, with a few other settings such as ignore map skins and what not.

Another thing I'd like to add to this idea would be is an osu! standard skins includes taiko/CtB skinning also; If you have an osu! standard skin with such features, then the skin for CtB/taiko you choose, would then need to write to the folder and erase what's already on that skin.

That, or the game has to tell itself that it's not using the skin for that mode. Either one means that it's going to take a bit to make, I think.
theowest
LOL. But CTB is gay.. But good idea, indeed!
Sleep Powder
omg omg omg

Add Character Select Music~!

I think a cursor chooser might be a nice thing to add too.
Cursors are usually the least distracting thing while playing.
[Sean]
Just something that I've already pointed out:

To have this added, you need to pretty much tell osu! to create another custom skin. It will need to take and/or read from different files, and then erase/override the current one. (Or even duplicate it and pretty much skin the item you're changing.)

At the moment, how do we do this? Take from one skin folder, add to another skin folder, and select the newly made folder as the skin for osu!. The osu! client would then have to do this in order for this request to be complete. We need to think more realistically.

Maybe a third party program that will already do this for us? Downloads the character/skin/cursor/don's/so on, and then add it to an already skinned folder. With this, it'll become easier to do, but in a sense hard at the same time as the program would have to do something along the lines of have access to the already created skins and custom sprites, to erase the old ones to create a new folder.

That's pretty much how we'd have to look at a request like this.
Flanster
Always wanted this!!!
DeadRamza
I was just about to suggest this =P

so i truly support this with the bottom of my hearth
Hazenkain
I support this, it would not only be good for anyone that plays ctb but also for the advertise of osu! itself, an online game that offers more customization for it's players is always better received by everyone.
warofdefeat
99% of my OSU! time is spend on CTB.

Great Idea. I support.
LaceWingfield
long time thread, but i'll be late supporting
jossieP
this can be maked manually....
Aoko
Hm, good idea. We could see the CTB Character easier and how it would look through the option panel.
I agree. *-*
If we have this, it would be easier to change the character & see how it would look when we play it.
Blaziken
Im just waiting for peppy to come in with a bullshit reason to why this can't work.... DONT KEEP ME WAITING!!!!!!
(Support)
chibilawl
Got an idea for animated if possible: AnimatesMove (something like that) Likes the character animates when moving
Aoko

WillJill89 wrote:

Got an idea for animated if possible: AnimatesMove (something like that) Likes the character animates when moving
Hmm... could be. A moving character but we would get distracted :/
[iO]

litchmore wrote:

Im just waiting for peppy to come in with a bullshit reason to why this can't work.... DONT KEEP ME WAITING!!!!!!
(Support)
This one line actually made me laugh a bit.

A character chooser, it would look pretty nice.

WillJill89 wrote:

I was thinking the exact same, well, not moving, but something along the lines of a second sprite for the fruit-ryuuta during kiai time, it would look really pretty, as for distracting, the kiai shines distract enough for themselves I think.
show more