forum

Seeking the Light, Dark and Help..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
neverfalldown
Hi, I got a question for people who have been through this..
My problem is with me, I mean before 5-7 months I played Osu! very well. I was able to beat a hard map without loosing my combo, but now when I havent played for 5-7 months (Had no pc..), I can't event beat a normal map..
I'm seeking for help from playes who had nearly (or the same) issue to give me advice.
kthxbb
P.S. I feel like the more I play, the worse it gets..
drum drum
moved to gameplay & rankings
Friendan

neverfalldown wrote:

kthxbb
I think this phrase is usually used to be rude in English, but I'm not sure. Unless it's "Okay, thanks baby".

Anyways, I just played a good amount of beatmaps until I could do it once again. I was only gone for about 3 months, but still. Having a good attitude helps a lot too, which is pretty much the reason that I got about 100pp in a week. Then I got frustrated at one little beatmap and now it's hard to FC.
Yuudachi-kun
Play to fc.
Endaris
Well no-
You have 2 Hard Maps in your Top Plays and one is a 30s pony-map.
You can't expect to come back and suddenly wreck shit.
Stick to easy/normal until you feel comfortable and then move on.
bigfeh

Endaris wrote:

pandaBee
Try playing rather than posting on the forums if in 5000 games you havent improved then come back.

Tldr; play more
otoed1
playmore/thread
B1rd

bigfeh wrote:

Endaris wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/475021
E m i

B1rd wrote:

lewa
it wasn't instant ;)
ZenithPhantasm

otoed1 wrote:

playmore/thread
And don't forget to play more
Vuelo Eluko

pandaBee wrote:

Try playing rather than posting on the forums if in 25000 games you havent improved then come back.

Tldr; play more
fixed
Vuelo Eluko

[ Momiji ] wrote:

B1rd wrote:

lewa
it wasn't instant ;)
Dragonhuman randomly came back and took #1 out from everyones noses, Angelsim aka firebat92 came back and immediately replaced all 15 out of 15 of his top ranks within a week, which is unbelievable and still unmatched to this day by any other top player. the only other person i could see doing it is rrtyui if he actually decided to PP farm.

lewa is a bad example, hes always played a lot when he did play.
Topic Starter
neverfalldown

Friendan wrote:

neverfalldown wrote:

kthxbb
I think this phrase is usually used to be rude in English, but I'm not sure. Unless it's "Okay, thanks baby".

Anyways, I just played a good amount of beatmaps until I could do it once again. I was only gone for about 3 months, but still. Having a good attitude helps a lot too, which is pretty much the reason that I got about 100pp in a week. Then I got frustrated at one little beatmap and now it's hard to FC.
Oke, tyvm :3 Will try to stick on Easy/Normal ones until I get comfortable.

Endaris wrote:

Well no-
You have 2 Hard Maps in your Top Plays and one is a 30s pony-map.
Stick to easy/normal until you feel comfortable and then move on.
Dude i've been playing from 1 month or so.. but anyways, I'll stick on easy/normal ones.. ty for the help! ;3

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

And don't forget to play more
I won't believe me :3
7ambda
You must have taken long breaks if you only have 333 pp.
Gumpy
Well uhm not playing for 5-7 months does degrade your skill by a lot
Topic Starter
neverfalldown

F1r3tar wrote:

Dude, Osu! is not my life to kill myself by playing it non-stop like Cookiezi or rrtyi does..
I just try time to time to play and relax on it -.-
I dont give much of a "F-BOMB" about the PP/SCORE and etc..

Gumpyyy wrote:

Yes indeed it is.. And it wasnt a break tho, I just broke my old pc cuz it was slow..

neverfalldown wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

Dude, Osu! is not my life to kill myself by playing it non-stop like Cookiezi or rrtyi does..
you don't play it non-stop though, you play it when you can. if your fingers start to hurt stretch them and take breaks, and if you play for a long time then take an even longer break.
Yuudachi-kun

neverfalldown wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Yes indeed it is.. And it wasnt a break tho, I just broke my old pc cuz it was slow..
>>Implying getting 500+ pp is only for nolifers and isn't just another non-accomplishment.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE A LIFE AND CAN ONLY PLAY THIS GAME FOR TWO MINUTES A DAY.
trebby

Kheldragar wrote:

Unlike you.

ehehe
ZenithPhantasm
I play ~20-30 minutes a day now. Rest of my time is in CS:GO
Topic Starter
neverfalldown

Faces3 wrote:

you don't play it non-stop though, you play it when you can. if your fingers start to hurt stretch them and take breaks, and if you play for a long time then take an even longer break.
Or play Osu! for 10-20 mins per 5h or so..

CuboidBeats wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Unlike you.

ehehe
Ahayahy this made my day tho :D Nicely done mate, nicely done..

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I play ~20-30 minutes a day now. Rest of my time is in CS:GO
Well having Osu! for pratice for FPS is a good idea, same goes for LoL (or MOBA) players..
It pratically makes u more skilled and betters ur aim ;d
buny

neverfalldown wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

except they do have a life

the worst excuse to have is "I HAVE A LIFE SO I CANT BE AS GOOD". This isn't professional esports where peoples salaries are determined by how well they play.

osu is good because you can play it in short or long amounts of times
sottovoce

neverfalldown wrote:

Well having Osu! for pratice for FPS is a good idea, same goes for LoL (or MOBA) players..
No it doesn't. Practising FPSes and MOBAs makes you better at FPSes and MOBAs. Practising osu! makes you better at osu!.
I Give Up

sottovoce wrote:

neverfalldown wrote:

No it doesn't. Practising FPSes and MOBAs makes you better at FPSes and MOBAs. Practising osu! makes you better at osu!.
It depends. If you play osu with mouse you will get better precision at RTS, MOBA, RPG, etc. But it does not help with panoramic aim like FPS.
Vuelo Eluko
i dont know when i had 300 pp because i was 760 when ppv2 hit with nothing but B's and C's for my top ranks, sad day
Yuudachi-kun
I had 579 around the 20th of December, apparently.

Topic Starter
neverfalldown

sottovoce wrote:

neverfalldown wrote:

It does.
It makes more precise your mouse movements (aka aim)
Yuudachi-kun
Then why don't you play that moba to get better mouse movement AS WELL as other aspects of the game at the same time?
woqx
let's say you want to get better at counter strike, which of the following will help you the most?

a) you play osu! for 100 hours
b) you play solitaire for 100 hours
c) you play call of duty for 100 hours
d) you play counter strike for 100 hours

-> osu! may help but it's better to spend the time playing the game you want to be good at
B1rd
osu! doesn't help with any other games, you build up muscle memory for every different game and it's no way transferable. Literally every good mouse player that I've seen says it doesn't help with other games.
Vuelo Eluko
similar games take similar skillsets though, personally i played league of legends for years and caught on to dota instantly and have a 61% winrate and hang out in the Very High bracket in only a few hundred games.

It's even more apparent when people from o2jam and beatmania and what not come to mania and shred everything up.

technically any game with an emphasis on cursor control or rhythm can be at least somewhat improved upon by playing osu!, but much less than actually playing said game would.
bigfeh

B1rd wrote:

osu! doesn't help with any other games, you build up muscle memory for every different game and it's no way transferable. Literally every good mouse player that I've seen says it doesn't help with other games.
Practicing with the mouse anywhere will obviously make you more accurate with the mouse overall but it's not like once you fc airman you're gonna pull dem sik mlg 1337 h4xx0r qu1ksc0p3zz on counter-strike or anything
ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

It doesnt help if you play at a giant resolution lile 1920x1080
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

B1rd wrote:

320x200 skrub
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

B1rd wrote:

This is the only resolution I can play at.
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

320x200 skrub
Jelly of my tiny res?
Vuelo Eluko
i play at 1x1 so aim isnt a problem just gotta keep my mouse on the pixel
sottovoce
I think people overestimate the similarities between osu! and aiming in an FPS. They are really completely different skillsets. Aiming in osu! is usually about consistency, maps (generally) run at a constant speed (BPM) so you aren't really playing reactively like in an FPS, its more about being absolutely precise with your timing. Even when playing high ARs that demand fast reactions it is dissimilar to an FPS because every hit circle is appearing consistently at that AR, whereas in an FPS you cannot know when you will have to aim.
Along similar lines, I'm a very good pianist and you might think this would translate to some skill with tapping in osu!, but as far as I can tell it has been no help at all. Perhaps I would be even worse without ever having played the piano but I doubt it. In this case it even uses completely different muscle groups, I can play osu! until my hand is tired and then play the piano with no fatigue, and vice versa.
show more