forum

IA - IA IA, Night of Desire [CatchTheBeat|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, August 17, 2015 at 5:36:42 PM

Artist: IA
Title: IA IA, Night of Desire
BPM: 162.03
Filesize: 6253kb
Play Time: 01:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. AR0 Easy m8 (8.62 stars, 213 notes)
  2. Chaos (17.64 stars, 802 notes)
  3. Midnight (Overdose) (5.12 stars, 492 notes)
  4. Night of Desire (3.95 stars, 413 notes)
  5. Nightlight (1.03 stars, 5 notes)
  6. Starlight (Deluge) (5.36 stars, 506 notes)
Download: IA - IA IA, Night of Desire
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Planning on making a diff mapset....
Not complete:
??? (Easy): 0%
Night Of Desire (Insane): 100%
ar0 overdose ez m8

??? (Normal): 0%
Midnight (Overdose): 100%
Starshine (Deluge): 100%
Chaos (TROLOLOL): 100% (will delete)
JBHyperion
16.1 star Chaos, GG
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
Oh I'm planning to make it 18*, don't you worry
Ascendance
what the fuck is this
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
What does it look like
Ascendance

Absolute Zero wrote:

What does it look like
it looks like +2 kudosu
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
Pls keep posts relevant to mapping and modding this map thanks :o
Ascendance

Absolute Zero wrote:

Pls keep posts relevant to mapping and modding this map thanks :o
recheck metadata
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
Pls no memerino on a meme map thx
Ascendance

Absolute Zero wrote:

Pls no memerino on a meme map thx
recheck (no kudosu)

remap thanks
celerih
AZ asked me to mod this map. I tried and I tried, but this map is absolute perfection. I have nothing to say about it because there is no map in ctb or osu!catch that will even come close to being this good. I could delete all maps that I have downloaded apart from this one, and I wouldn't be sad because there is litteraly no other map I want to play more. It brings me pleasures no one can make me feel, something deep down inside me: Euphoria. I don't understand how this hasn't been ranked yet as there is nothing to mod here. Haters will say this is a shitty meme map, but true intellectuals will know that this... This is true beauty. If this isn't enough to make AZ an S-tier mapper, then no one deserves to be one.

An Ode to IA IA, Night of Desire
I really love IA IA, Night of Desire. Like, a lot. Like, a whole lot. You have no idea. I love it so much that it is inexplicable, and I'm ninety-nine percent sure that I have an unhealthy obsession. I will never get tired of listening that sweet, angelic voice in it. It is my life goal to FC it next to AZ in real life and just say hello to him. I fall asleep at night dreaming of me holding a personal record on it, and then AZ would be so tired that he comes and cuddles up to me while we sleep together. If I could just hold combo for a brief moment, I could die happy. If given the opportunity, I would let this serenade lightly nibble my ear just to hear what kind of sweet moans I would let out. Then, I would listen to it while the song clings to my brain hoping that it never stop, and only continue as she moans louder and louder. I I would give up almost anything just for it to be ranked. No matter what I do, I am constantly thinking of IA IA, Night of Desire. When I wake up, it's is the first thing on my mind. When I go to school, I can only focus on it. When I go come home, I go on the computer so that I can play this masterpiece. When I go to sleep, I dream ofit and I having an SS on it. It's my pride, passion, and joy. If it were for it to be ranked, I would give my life without any second thoughts. Without it, my life would serve no purpose. I really love IA IA, Night of Desire.
oh god this is how I use my 300th post
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
How To Prevent Any Positive Quality Assurance Team Interactions With Celerih As Your Host
Shurelia
test post , please ignore
celerih
test shitpost , please ignore
defiance
we totally did an irc on this map

give me kudosu
Foxy Grandpa
who is afk98 i only know absolute zero
celerih

FoxyGrandpa wrote:

who is afk98 i only know absolute zero
AwayFromKeyboardNinetyEight Also Known As AlienFlyKot98 Is The Old Username Of The Famous BN - Magic Meat -
Ultima Fox
who is absolute zero i only know afk98
defiance
00:59:319 (5) - this is very anime
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
y'all need jesus

osuskrub wrote:

00:59:319 (5) - this is very anime See, while I understand where you're coming from, I just don't think this works well in terms of playing. I agree it's a bit weird to have that spacing there but the transition from 00:58:875 (2) to 00:59:615 (1) requires that full beat to get the effect that I want on the catcher. Additionally, I kind of want to avoid too strong of a hyperdash. It's a fine suggestion and all, but I just don't think it suits the flow at that section.
Thanks for the mod!
defiance
re
Firstly, this difficulty is near FCable without dashing. Not only are the dashes small enough distances to the fact where they're possible without dashing, they're so low to the point where they could easily be misread by a salad player.some of these "dashes" are possible to hit without dashing by over 32 pixels, which is over 1/16th of the screen, which may seem like a small amount, but keep in mind that this is meant for lower players, who the readability of the map would greatly suffer due to this, as supposedly distances intended to be dashes have moderately small distances, however for most salad players, these distances would be too big to not dash. Whilst I admit, maybe they don't need to be entirely impossible without dashing, such a huge difference should not be allowed.

00:05:517 (1) - Dash here suffers from that exact problem, x:496 would be a lot better, still possible without dashing but greatly increases readability here.
00:08:275 (1) - Not sure if this is intended to be a dash to this or not, if it is, the distance is far too low, this would definitely get misread as a non-dash, considering this is over 32 pixels off being a dash, however if it's not intended to be a dash, the distance is far too strong for an average salad player. Either way, the emphasis on this slider is super weird anyway, as you have a dash to the head, and then the strongest note in the slider is on the repeat, both in terms of pitch and volume, and that just seems very strange.
00:10:344 (3,4,5) - Also really not a fan of how the flow on that feels for a salad, may be a bit too awkward to play, but this is a minor issue here.
00:11:034 (1) - Another one of those cases where it's either a really strong non-dash or a dash which can be avoided by around 32 pixels. x:376 would be a lot of a safer move here if the dash is intended, as I assume by the change in music, but I'm really not sure.
00:13:793 (1) - Considering the really strong distance to this, I assume it might be intended to be a dash, however, this is not only weaker than your previous dashes in terms of distance, but the sound in the song isn't even that strong. There's a possibility this wasn't intended to be a dash, but the distance is still ridiculously strong considering that.
00:15:172 (3) - Why would you not have a dash to this, considering you've had a dash to much weaker sounds throughout this? Emphasis on here is really strange.

Honestly, I think it's better for me to just list all the places where it seems dashes were intended, and tell you how to add distance to at least make them more readable for a salad player, so here you go:

List of dashes
00:16:551 (1) - x:24 would make this one still possible without dashing, but would make the readability greatly improved.
00:22:068 (1,2) - There is a dash distance that is ridiculously small and possible without dashing here, but the bigger problem is the obvious emphasis to the weaker sound rather than to the stronger sound here which makes very little sense from a playing standpoint, and even caused misses from me whilst playing this due to the rhythm sounding very off. I would recommend putting 1 on x:208.
00:24:827 (1,2) - Same emphasis problem here as well as the really low distancing. x:232 on 1 is possible without dashing but I think that's strong enough for a salad player to view it as a dash.
00:27:586 (1,2) - And again. 1 on x:240 would be nice.
00:33:103 (1) - Definitely too weak for a dash as it is now, could confuse players, x:384 would be better.
00:38:620 (1) - Far too weak and overly confusing distance as it is now, try x:192.
00:44:137 (1) - x:232 would still make it possible without dashing, but would definitely make it more visable as a dash to a salad player.
00:46:896 (1) - x:448 would make it more visable as a dash, this distance could definitely confuse a salad player.

00:19:310 (1) - Why such a strong distance to this? Not only is it very difficult to hit without dashing for a salad player, but there's near no note strong enough to emphasise this anywhere near this much here. Moving 00:18:965 (6) - to x:304 solves this problem, however you might want a different way to fix it, if you don't like the idea of holding right here.
00:30:344 (1) - Major consistency error here. You've used a dash to the 1/1 on almost all of these (Which I've specifically said you shouldn't, but if you deny those points then that makes this stand out even more), yet you use a slider end on the same sound here. I'd really recommend adding the dash to the slider head here, with consistency with my previous dash recommendations.
00:31:551 (1) - I think a dash to this sound would be really fitting for the pitch change, however that might be difficult to achieve due to the wall being so close. However, the current distance is definitely too strong for an average salad player to hit and so should probably be reduced slightly.
Topic Starter
Absolute Zero
Don't you have better things to do with your life right now?
Ultima Fox

Absolute Zero wrote:

Don't you have better things to do with your life right now?
oof
Aurele
(╯°□°)╯︵
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.