How to Stream?!

posted
Total Posts
18
Topic Starter
Nelly
I have no idea how to stream correctly,but I really have to stream faster and faster,like cptnXn has completed Freedom Dive [FD].
What should I do?Download Stream Compitition or what?!
P.S. I good with jups thou,but syreaming bad :(
E m i
play streams
bigfeh
play more streams
mash more buttons
Endaris
Start at slow bpm where you can consciously control your fingermovement.
Learn how to do triples, quintuples and stuff.
Play low bpm stream maps on halftime
Play medium bpm stream maps on halftime
Play low bpm stream maps
Play medium bpm stream maps
Spend the rest of your life pushing your consistency and speed to do Freedom Dive with DT.

Essentially spam stream maps but I think it's smart to play somewhere below your speed limit as your muscle memory might go like "just go as fast as consistently possible" which is obviously wrong and undesired. If you want to increase your speed really badly play stream maps that are too fast for you and fail miserably like 50 times until your tappingarm hurts and then go back and forth with speed(over days not all at one day) to get a balance of speed and consistency.
If you're looking for stream maps just search this subforum for "stream maps" and you'll get lost in a neverending rain of "how-to-stream"-threads with billions of recommendations.
zwoots
I use twitch.tv


But seriously, don't start with long streams/death streams. Like the other guy said, learn to do triples/quadruples first, then move on to short streams/"bursts" until you have a feel for them. THEN you can kill your hand trying to get good accuracy on death streams.
bigfeh

zwoots wrote:

I use twitch.tv
-Cyan
i searched for some maps with small streams and just went on^^ there was already a post by someone for nearly the same topic if i am not wrong
Barusamikosu

Nelly wrote:

I really have to stream faster and faster,like cptnXn has completed Freedom Dive [FD].
Accuracy is important too. Take it easy. Gotta go slow.
Mahogany
CuboidBeats
An answer I made from another thread.

CuboidBeats wrote:

Listen to the rhythm of the music, and work on timing your hits, like a drummer playing a song. Once you get that rhythm, keep it steady and don't let go of it until the stream is over. To prevent keyboard mashing, relax, and don't tense up, that's the worst possible thing to do in the middle of a stream. Also, practice your streaming on particularily stream-heavy beatmaps. Most of all: play more. Practice makes perfect, I can't stress this enough.
Bauxe
step 1) press x
step 2) press z
step 3) return to step 1
autoteleology
Make sure you hit the first note on time or everything after that fucks up

Make sure you're fluidly moving your cursor at the same pace as the stream progresses, don't try to snap each note or you will fail, treat it kind of the same as you would a slider

Pay attention to the BPM of the song
bigfeh

Philosofikal wrote:

Make sure you hit the first note on time or everything after that fucks up

Make sure you're fluidly moving your cursor at the same pace as the stream progresses, don't try to snap each note or you will fail, treat it kind of the same as you would a slider

Pay attention to the BPM of the song
Not true. It's hard but you CAN recover from a 100/50 stream, particularly when you start it too early or can stream faster than the bpm
pandaBee
I can barely into streams and I can't into deathstreams at all. I've been practicing streams for 3-4 months and I still can't do them. You just need to practice a lot. Get some stream maps that you don't mash on and just practice playing a few every day.

What I like to do is, I have a big stream map collection folder and I just play through them until I can beat my acc on the play with the highest acc. I do this for at least 3 maps before playing regular maps.

but yeah, start out with moving triples, fours, fives, and then into short streams.
bigfeh

pandaBee wrote:

I can barely into streams and I can't into deathstreams at all. I've been practicing streams for 3-4 months and I still can't do them. You just need to practice a lot. Get some stream maps that you don't mash on and just practice playing a few every day.

What I like to do is, I have a big stream map collection folder and I just play through them until I can beat my acc on the play with the highest acc. I do this for at least 3 maps before playing regular maps.

but yeah, start out with moving triples, fours, fives, and then into short streams.
Before switching to keyboard for streams, I had trouble hitting 5 notes in quick succession even at low bpms

After half an hour of keyboarding, I could stream 190bpm for a tad bit over 10 seconds
Yuudachi-kun
I still can't stream, so it doesn't seem to be an important skill to learn.
Vuelo Eluko
i used to be able to do 170-187 bpm streams for 200+ notes at a time but i think i lost most of my stamina because i haven't played very many long stream maps for a long time, preferring to try to practice jumps/smaller circles when i actually play because my aim sucks

if you want to get good at streams, play a lot of streams, if you want to stay good at streams, don't stop playing streams.
it sucks but that's how it is.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

step 1) press x
step 2) press z
step 3) return to step 1
Please sign in to reply.

New reply