forum

The Werewolf Game 5 (Ended by Host Decision)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cuddlebun
Wojjan you are forgetting Rolled did not finish high school.
DeathxShinigami
It's shame everyone's using me as bait :P
KRZY

DeathxShinigami wrote:

It's a shame you aren't defending yourself.

At least say "I'm not a wolf" or something.
aRiskOfRain

Todesengal wrote:

Wojjan you are forgetting Rolled did not finish high school.
Really?

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Bait? The only thing we're trying to catch is a vampire, and as far as I'm concerned, that's you.
0_o

thepianist wrote:

Anyways, what is a good application to access IRC from an iPod?
I use Colloquy, costs $2.

@Wojjan: I realize my voting for you seems odd when there are several more popular votes right now, but I think the reason that I find you the most suspicious is because I've found you suspicious for the longest. The idea of "Wojjan is a vampire" has had the most time to settle in my head compared to anyone else. So I admit there is a bias here, but that's just where my head is at.

I'll probably be switching my vote to one of the more likely candidates for a lynch once I read through everything again.
Derekku
Hmm... even with matthew being an inexperienced player, I'd say that the vampires would be telling him how to post without looking suspicious. I suppose for now I'll lay off my suspicions (for now), but insist that he posts more (and with more detail than "they look suspicious").

I'll change my vote in a bit once I find a better person to vote for (aka re-reading walls of text yayy)
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Status is updated.

Vote Tally
DeathxShinigami (5 Votes: strager, LadySuburu, thepianist, DJ KRZY, nardi11011)
DJblackthorne (3 Votes: I_Tatsuo_I, Chris, DiamondCrash)
matthewtck (2 Votes: Rolled, Derekku Chan)
DiamondCrash (1 Vote: matthewtck)
Chris (1 Vote: Oyashiro Beatrice)
Wojjan (1 Vote: 0_o)
Rolled (b]1 Vote[/b]: adam2046)
0_o (1 Vote: Zerostarry)
adam2046 (1 Vote: Wojjan)

Also, I nearly typed a disclaimer for my previous post twice. I SEE I SHOULDA SUBMITTED IT. People, people. I confirmed NOTHING in that post. I thought I made it pretty damn clear that it was the LOGIC I was pointing out flaws in, ASSUMING Derekku was Human.

However, now I WILL confirm that I won't be doing anything other than updating the status. I'm not talking anymore, because every time I open my mouth to say anything other than "the status is updated herpa derpa derp" or make a storyline post, someone thinks I've confirmed someone else's role. No more input from your Host. I'm done with this crap. Status updates only from here on out.
dkun
Reading and re-reading through the thread...

DJ KRZY wrote:

LadySuburu has already posted what I wanted to say, but seriously, DxS is three times as more suspicious as NoHItter was in last WWG. For those who don't understand, that's quite a high level of suspiciousness. Instantly going all-out to lynch someone for no solid reason on day 1 might be eyebrow-raising but understandable. Trying the same thing again without additional evidence is definitely suspicious. What's even more suspicious is that he changes his vote to Blackthorne so easily. His pathetic excuse for a reason (I think it had something to do with Blackthorne not following the majority) only tells me that he is eager to jump on any bandwagon that flies atm.
No solid reasons and pressing to lynch someone without enough evidence...

DeathxShinigami wrote:

I'm not voting for Blackthorne because he's a wolf actually but only because of the way he acts
Check how you're acting right now, vampire.

Vote DxS.

On a little side note; Forgive me for my inactivity on WWG5. Steam gets the best of me sometimes, and I just get a little bit too preoccupied with my personal matters.
DeathxShinigami
Vote: DxS

Let's move this along shall we? ;)
Zerostarry
Unvote.

Vote: DeathxShinigami
0_o
..well that makes my decision easier.

There's no way an aux would give up like that unless he's a total douche, so seeing as the worst-case scenario is that we lynch a civilian who doesn't want to play anymore:

vote DxS
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Status updated again.

1 1/2 hours to the deadline; I'll be keeping a closer eye on things.

Vote Tally
DeathxShinigami (9 Votes: strager, LadySuburu, thepianist, DJ KRZY, nardi11011, dkun, DeathxShinigami, Zerostarry, 0_o)
matthewtck (2 Votes: Rolled, Derekku Chan)
Rolled (b]1 Vote[/b]: adam2046)
DeathxShinigami

0_o wrote:

..well that makes my decision easier.

There's no way an aux would give up like that unless he's a total douche, so seeing as the worst-case scenario is that we lynch a civilian who doesn't want to play anymore:

vote DxS
Sorry I am being a douche to you guys. Have fun trying to figure out which roles people have~
Derekku
*sigh* Why does it come down to this...

Ivalset
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Another update. Less than 10 minutes to go. If there aren't a few more people who vote, I have to hand out some PVs.

Vote Tally
DeathxShinigami (11 Votes: strager, LadySuburu, thepianist, DJ KRZY, nardi11011, dkun, DeathxShinigami, Zerostarry, 0_o, Derekku Chan, Ivalset)
Rolled (1 Vote: adam2046)
matthewtck (1 Votes: Rolled)
DJblackthorne

LadySuburu wrote:

As I was not there at the time, I cannot know when Blackthorne started typing his comment. However, from the way this is worded and the timing on the log, the way I see it is that Blackthorne started typing it after Chris's first line. "I have a wolf on the inside who gave me all the wolf names."

If he had started typing it at the time of the second comment, it would be suspicious. Again, since I was not there, I can't weigh the statement.
I started typing when i read the first post, hit enter, then looked at the screen. As for the content of those four lines, i was pretty ticked when my first WWG ended on the second day for such an unnecessarily stupid reason.
*punches modem* (Work faster) Let me make a blanket statement real quick. I'll fight accusations, because i feel that's what has to be done. And it's what i do for fun in this game along side watching how the vote tree develops. Now i won't bother claiming that I'm human because i feel it has the same significance of putting a rock on a tank. What i say doesn't ultimately matter as much in this game after my idiot parade rolls out.

Vote Chris
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Okay people, pencils down.

Nice save there Blackthorne; your vote saved you from a PV.

Necessaries will be up when they're done being typed.

Edit-in: Here's the vote log if you want it.

Day 2 Vote Log wrote:

Current Lynch Vote Standings

Vote Tally
DeathxShinigami (11 Votes: strager, LadySuburu, thepianist, DJ KRZY, nardi11011, dkun, DeathxShinigami, Zerostarry, 0_o, Derekku Chan, Ivalset)
Chris (2 Votes: Oyashiro Beatrice, DJblackthorne)
Rolled (1 Vote: adam2046)
matthewtck (1 Votes: Rolled)

Vote Log
* Chris voted against Rolled.
* Wojjan voted against adam2046.
* strager voted against Chris.
* Zerostarry voted against 0_o.
* DeathxShinigami voted against matthewtck.
* Derekku Chan voted against I_Tatsuo_I.
* I_Tatsuo_I voted against DJblackthorne.
- Chris changed his vote to DJblackthorne.
* adam2046 voted against Rolled.
* Rolled voted against matthewtck.
* 0_o voted against Wojjan.
- DeathxShinigami changed his vote to DJblackthorne.
- strager changed his vote to DeathxShinigami.
* Oyashiro Beatrice voted against Chris.
- Derekku Chan changed his vote to matthewtck.
- DeathxShinigami retracted his vote.
* LadySuburu voted against DeathxShinigami.
* thepianist voted against DeathxShinigami.
* DiamondCrash voted against DJblackthorne.
* matthewtck voted against DiamondCrash.
* DJ KRZY voted against DeathxShinigami.
* nardi11011 voted against DeathxShinigami.
* dkun voted against DeathxShinigami.
- DeathxShinigami changed his vote to himself.
- Zerostarry changed his vote to DeathxShinigami.
- 0_o changed his vote to DeathxShinigami.
- Derekku Chan changed his vote to DeathxShinigami.
* Ivalset voted against DeathxShinigami.
* DJblackthorne voted against Chris.

x Todesengal failed to vote.
x MarioBros777 failed to vote.
x pieguy1372 failed to vote.
Those who failed to vote will have a Phantom Vote placed on their heads on Day 3.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Dusk

It was pretty clear who the vote was against tonight.

DeathxShinigami was taken to the gallows, allowed final words, then hanged.

Barring final words, DeathxShinigami is now dead and is out of the game.

Night 2

During This Phase: I am expecting Night PMs in my PMbox.

Deadline: 8:00 PM EST on Friday, July 9th. This allows 2 days for the PMs to arrive.
DeathxShinigami
The preparations are now complete.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
well. things are getting more complicated. sorry for the late post, but my ''d'' key is not functional (the contact still works, but the membrane is shot), so i tried to repair it by taking the membrane from my start menu key using directions i found online. this did not solve my problem, and in addition, this attempt also ended up killing the apparently rather small circuit my start menu key evidently shared with my shift keys. i was, and still am, solving my d problem by copypasta'ing, but i won't be solving my shift key problem as easily. i think it's time to go buy a usb keyboard. -insert ugh smiley here since shift keys don't work to make a colon-

clearly, i can and will still be making my posts. it will just take me a bit longer.

anyway-

Dawn

well, there's still 23 of you. Ivalset was killed by the vampires, and Two was resurrected by the Priest, whose name i cannot disclose because it was a private res.

Day 3

you know what happens this phase.

deadline for this phase will be 8 pm est on tuesday, july 13th, which gives you [i]4 days[/b].

now, i am off to try to borrow somebody's usb keyboard because all-lowercase except for what i choose to copypasta is driving me insane.
Two_old
Hi everyone ^_______^

Since I'm alive again, I'd like to elaborate on what I said in irc about it being likely that Rolled is a wolf.

Let's start with our 3 way msn conversation (Chris, Rolled, me). Rolled proposed that, to stop the random votes/get people to talk (I forget which if it's not both), the three of us all vote for someone within 1 second of each other. Chris said okay, but only if he got to pick who. Chris chose whoatefred, I forget what his reason was but we didn't argue and all voted for him.

Here is why that makes Rolled likely to be a wolf:

1. If Chris named a wolf, I believe he would either have given a bs reason to not vote for them or he would have changed his vote before the end of day 1, despite his computer problems (as they were easily circumvented via ps3).

2. What does a wolf want to do day 1? Inflate human vote numbers without leaving a wolf trail. What better way to do that than by manipulating humans into voting?

3. Even though it was supposed to be a fake/joke vote, he never changed his vote off of whoatefred, when he did have the ability to do so.

Then there is the hugely incriminating fact that I died night 1:

1. As you saw on the wolf forum last game, Rolled is bad at picking night targets that benefit wolves long-term. He initially wanted me to die night 1 that game, and then when it became obvious that NoHitter was the insomniac, wanted me dead night 2. Why did my death not benefit wolves long-term this game? Because, like last game, it made no sense to night kill someone who could so easily be lynched; they wasted their night kill. I intentionally said things that were beyond what I normally would say in hopes that the wolves would keep me alive.

Then there is the fact that I was the psychic. You would think, why is this bad for the wolves long-term? Kill the psychic fast and he will scan less people. That's true, but by killing me you enabled me to confirm a small group of humans extremely early in the game (wojjan, chris, strager, matthewtck), increasing the odds of lynching a wolf.

2. I was the psychic. In msn I refused to roleclaim to both Rolled and Chris, which I have never done before. Chris was suspicious of this but Rolled said that it made sense since they both were wolves last game. I don't buy this for a second. I think it's very likely that he thought I was an aux and sniffed me/had me sniffed. Once the wolves knew I was the psychic, it made no sense for them to not kill me.

Finally, on day 2, after I had posted numerous times about why wojjan and matthewtck couldn't be wolves, Rolled voted for matthewtck. Not only did he vote for him, but he never once commented on my reasoning, despite definitely having read it. This is because by commenting on it, he would be bringing it to everyone's attention again. If no one talks about it, it basically gets swept under the rug.

So, since I have another scan as I die tonight, I would like to reduce the chance of wasting it on a human. If you are the priest who resurrected me, or the coroner who knows for sure that I am the psychic, please PM me. I can also act as your proxy today and give the information on who died, since I am going to die anyway. I can understand the priest's reservations about revealing who they are if they choose not to, but you did have enough faith in me to use your one resurrection, so it would be wonderful if you did.

With that wall of text said, vote Rolled
pieguyn
Okay so

It turns out DeathxShinigami was the Coroner, according to 0_o.

<faceguy> oh btw, I talked to DxS the other day and he was the coroner
<faceguy> he said he was "taking a hit for someone else"
<faceguy> and other things that made no sense

In any case, here are the people who seem the most suspicious to me (in order from most to least suspicious):

-Rolled. There's more than enough evidence against him in my opinion, mainly in this post and Two's post.

-Todesengal. She tried to stop people from killing other people, which you need to do to figure out who is who. Also, she hasn't contributed that much.

-Wojjan and 0_o: I'm getting bad vibes of sorts from the both of them. Plus, they both tried to kill someone on Day 1, making up semi-valid reasons when there really wasn't that much evidence, perhaps trying to get innocent people killed off.

-DJ KRZY: Doesn't seem to be contributing that much, and overall just seems suspicious for some reason.

-adam2046, nardi1011, I_Tatsuo_I, dkun, and Zerostarry. I'd say that at least one of these is a Wolf, since they all seem to be semi-blending in while not being too active (and Zerostarry just made one post with only his vote and left). It just seems like they're staying under the radar, though I suppose it's just those bad vibes again and there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence against them.

As such, I vote Rolled.
KRZY

pieguy1372 wrote:

-DJ KRZY: Doesn't seem to be contributing that much, and overall just seems suspicious for some reason.

that hurts.
aRiskOfRain
Why the hell did you just out the coroner? Ugh. Rolled would be my ideal lynch candidate for today, but I would like to hear from him.
adam2046

DiamondCrash wrote:

Why the hell did you just out the coroner? Ugh. Rolled would be my ideal lynch candidate for today, but I would like to hear from him.
He didn't.
0_o was the one who said it. You also seem pretty certain that Dex is the coroner.
pieguyn
:( Sorry, I didn't intend that statement to be hurtful. What I meant was that you've mainly contributed things that agree with the overall direction of things.
0_o
I said the thing about the DxS because, based on our conversation, it seemed to me like he was a wolf trying to cause chaos. I was trying to say "hey guys, I think we hit a wolf."

Also, DxS said that he was the coroner publicly in IRC shortly before he was lynched:
[2010-07-07 18:37:56] <DxS|IRC> But without me you guys can't figure out roles
Seeing as the only two roles that can figure out roles are Coroner and Psychic, and we already know Two is the Psychic, I really wasn't revealing anything here.

pieguy wrote:

-Wojjan and 0_o: I'm getting bad vibes of sorts from the both of them. Plus, they both tried to kill someone on Day 1, making up semi-valid reasons when there really wasn't that much evidence, perhaps trying to get innocent people killed off.
I see several things wrong here.
-You think we are suspicious because we find a semi-valid reason to vote for someone? Semi-valid is pretty much as good as it gets on Day 1 without aux powers to back anyone up. Even on Day 2 there wasn't that much to go on.
-It seems strange to me that you find Wojjan and I suspicious for the same reasons when I've been gunning for Wojjan this entire time. You can pretty much bet that both of us aren't wolves.
-If you find Wojjan suspicious, why is it suspicious of me to vote for him?
Cuddlebun
much as you'd like to try you're not very good at huge walls of suspicion text like Two

pieguy1372 wrote:

-Todesengal. She tried to stop people from killing other people, which you need to do to figure out who is who. Also, she hasn't contributed that much.
herfderf contradictory much? I'm suspicious for what I contributed but oh wait I haven't contributed much. And the bolded clause is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read in this game.

You're accusing half that list because they 'don't contribute' much or they lurk. That kinda falls flat when you haven't said anything almost the whole fucking game other than the occasional vote and 'idunnomaybethey'rewolfimsuspiciouskinda'. I mean shit, adam and tatsuo have been more active than you, so how does that 'not contributing' factor work out on you?

pieguy1372 wrote:

:( Sorry, I didn't intend that statement to be hurtful. What I meant was that you've mainly contributed things that agree with the overall direction of things.
herfderf as opposed to you the trailblazer?

Why do I get the feeling you're trying to point a shitstorm of fingers so maybe people don't think you're a wolf because 'hey I've been inactive pretty much the whole game but now I'm suddenly going to make this huge post which hopefully looks logical'?
nardii
IF DxS is the coroner, why the hell is he being so fucking cryptic? What's the point, you're pro-town (I assume) and you're DEAD. In fact, it was the thing that got you killed. You're not "mysterious" by saying "You shouldn't have done/do that, I'm important 8-)", just say "Hey guys I'm the coroner and you're stupid" and you would've at least had a chance of survival.

So what's more likely, DxS is:
a) stupid
b) an asshole
c) a wolf

(pick two at most)
anonymous_old
Tell me something, pieguy.

Are you a Civilian?
0_o
Hey wait a sec.

Accusing Tode:

pieguy wrote:

She tried to stop people from killing other people, which you need to do to figure out who is who.
Accusing me:

pieguy wrote:

[...] tried to kill someone on Day 1, making up semi-valid reasons when there really wasn't that much evidence, perhaps trying to get innocent people killed off.
You went from "pointing fingers is good" to "pointing fingers is bad" within a line. Which is it?

EDIT: It has just come to my attention that in IRC I said "I talked to DxS the other day and he was the coroner." I actually meant to say "he says" he was the coroner. I didn't notice this until it was pointed out just now. So for the record, "DxS is the coroner" is not the position I have at this time.

EDIT: Fixed missing quote mark
Wojjan

Two wrote:

That's true, but by killing me you enabled me to confirm a small group of humans extremely early in the game (wojjan, chris, strager, matthewtck)
ilu2
and while we're all bashing pieguy for his suspicions - with reason, mind you - let's also note there is some merit to what he said about some people. For instance:

pieguy1372 wrote:

-Rolled. There's more than enough evidence against him in my opinion, mainly in this post and Two's post.

-adam2046, nardi1011, I_Tatsuo_I, dkun, and Zerostarry. I'd say that at least one of these is a Wolf, since they all seem to be semi-blending in while not being too active (and Zerostarry just made one post with only his vote and left). It just seems like they're staying under the radar, though I suppose it's just those bad vibes again and there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence against them.
Rolled has been acting very very strange this game, and if it is that blatant to the untrained eye of a newbie - no offense - it must mean something's up. I've recently read through WWG4 (mostly to get a handle on Blackthorne) and what Two said is true, there is a repeating pattern in both roles and strategies.

As for the slew of Miss Vampire 2010 nominations in the second part I quoted: There are enough people not acting at all, even when confronted with the heap of evidence about. Especially nardi and Zerostarry strike me as odd. nardi I've already covered in a previous post somewhere in Day 2, and zerostarry indeed has only made one post, while always being on IRC when I arrive. There's enough going down to cast a vote, and set up an entire suspicion list already, why are you all not acting?

However pieguy, if you want to stay safe, it's best not to post garbage reasoning like that against Tode again. It seems as though you're incrimating someone against all odds wink wink nudge nudge faceman.
Cuddlebun
yeah cuz Tode will fuck your shit up rargh

/flex

edit: fuck it I was waiting to see if Rolled would claw his way back onto osu to at least try to refute some of the accusations but it seems either he can't or doesn't care enough to try. vote: Rolled
matthewtck
SPOILER

Two wrote:

Hi everyone ^_______^

Since I'm alive again, I'd like to elaborate on what I said in irc about it being likely that Rolled is a wolf.

Let's start with our 3 way msn conversation (Chris, Rolled, me). Rolled proposed that, to stop the random votes/get people to talk (I forget which if it's not both), the three of us all vote for someone within 1 second of each other. Chris said okay, but only if he got to pick who. Chris chose whoatefred, I forget what his reason was but we didn't argue and all voted for him.

Here is why that makes Rolled likely to be a wolf:

1. If Chris named a wolf, I believe he would either have given a bs reason to not vote for them or he would have changed his vote before the end of day 1, despite his computer problems (as they were easily circumvented via ps3).

2. What does a wolf want to do day 1? Inflate human vote numbers without leaving a wolf trail. What better way to do that than by manipulating humans into voting?

3. Even though it was supposed to be a fake/joke vote, he never changed his vote off of whoatefred, when he did have the ability to do so.

Then there is the hugely incriminating fact that I died night 1:

1. As you saw on the wolf forum last game, Rolled is bad at picking night targets that benefit wolves long-term. He initially wanted me to die night 1 that game, and then when it became obvious that NoHitter was the insomniac, wanted me dead night 2. Why did my death not benefit wolves long-term this game? Because, like last game, it made no sense to night kill someone who could so easily be lynched; they wasted their night kill. I intentionally said things that were beyond what I normally would say in hopes that the wolves would keep me alive.

Then there is the fact that I was the psychic. You would think, why is this bad for the wolves long-term? Kill the psychic fast and he will scan less people. That's true, but by killing me you enabled me to confirm a small group of humans extremely early in the game (wojjan, chris, strager, matthewtck), increasing the odds of lynching a wolf.

2. I was the psychic. In msn I refused to roleclaim to both Rolled and Chris, which I have never done before. Chris was suspicious of this but Rolled said that it made sense since they both were wolves last game. I don't buy this for a second. I think it's very likely that he thought I was an aux and sniffed me/had me sniffed. Once the wolves knew I was the psychic, it made no sense for them to not kill me.

Finally, on day 2, after I had posted numerous times about why wojjan and matthewtck couldn't be wolves, Rolled voted for matthewtck. Not only did he vote for him, but he never once commented on my reasoning, despite definitely having read it. This is because by commenting on it, he would be bringing it to everyone's attention again. If no one talks about it, it basically gets swept under the rug.

So, since I have another scan as I die tonight, I would like to reduce the chance of wasting it on a human. If you are the priest who resurrected me, or the coroner who knows for sure that I am the psychic, please PM me. I can also act as your proxy today and give the information on who died, since I am going to die anyway. I can understand the priest's reservations about revealing who they are if they choose not to, but you did have enough faith in me to use your one resurrection, so it would be wonderful if you did.

With that wall of text said, vote Rolled
you got a point there...and since you clear my name...
VOTE Rolled
Two_old
Are we going to finally lynch a wolf this game, then?

Also, I haven't heard from the priest or coroner, so I guess it's safe to assume that the priest really doesn't want me to know them and the coroner was dxs.
Wojjan
oh right I should vote.
Obviously, voting for Rolled
Derekku
tbqh, I'm still not convinced that Two is our psychic.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

tbqh, I'm still not convinced that Two is our psychic.
B-but he said I was town!
aRiskOfRain

adam2046 wrote:

0_o was the one who said it.
I thought it was said in a private chat with pieguy, sorry.

adam2046 wrote:

You also seem pretty certain that Dex is the coroner.
I have no reason to doubt what either 0_o or DxS says.

DiamondCrash wrote:

Rolled would be my ideal lynch candidate for today, but I would like to hear from him.
Shit hasn't happened. Vote: Rolled.
show more