forum

The Werewolf Game 5 (Ended by Host Decision)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rolled
vote: Mathew for being the worst wolf in wwg history.
KRZY
What the hell is going on.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Status is updated; here's where we currently stand.

Vote Tally
matthewtck (2 Votes: DeathxShinigami, Rolled)
DJblackthorne (2 Votes: I_Tatsuo_I, Chris)
Rolled (b]1 Vote[/b]: adam2046)
I_Tatsuo_I (1 Vote: Derekku Chan)
0_o (1 Vote: Zerostarry)
Chris (1 Vote: strager)
adam2046 (1 Vote: Wojjan)
aRiskOfRain

DJ KRZY wrote:

What the hell is going on.
Wojjan
I reread the threread, and saw a lot of weird things from Blackthorne. Why the hell so defensive, dude?
Also, I think we need to find a place to slam all the IRC logs onto. I suggest a pastebin, since you can't alter that while keeping the same URL.
adam2046

Wojjan wrote:

I reread the threread, and saw a lot of weird things from Blackthorne. Why the hell so defensive, dude?
Also, I think we need to find a place to slam all the IRC logs onto. I suggest a pastebin, since you can't alter that while keeping the same URL.
Yeah man his posts are so fucking suspicious, the way he defends himself in all ... one of them.
Tatsuo

Wojjan wrote:

Does that mean you think Blackthorne is more suspiciously a wolf than your vote of adam?
I agree with the pastebin log dumping.
0_o
Well I am again voting Wojjan. In this log (courtesy of Ival) he acted very skeptical of Two's validity, even though Two was NK'd. And while technically it is possible that the vamps could have sacrificed a vampy Two, it really wouldn't have accomplished anything since all Two did was clear someone (well, two people, even though I'm not entirely sure how. I have theories though). If he was lying about being the Psychic, why not accuse someone? Even so, seeing as the coroner is very likely still alive, there really wouldn't have been any point to sacrificing one of their own this early.

So for me, this is a big deja-vu of the wolves last game who insisted on lynching NoHItter when it was fairly obvious that it was the wrong move.
DeathxShinigami

0_o wrote:

Well I am again voting Wojjan. In this log (courtesy of Ival) he acted very skeptical of Two's validity, even though Two was NK'd. And while technically it is possible that the vamps could have sacrificed a vampy Two, it really wouldn't have accomplished anything since all Two did was clear someone (well, two people, even though I'm not entirely sure how. I have theories though). If he was lying about being the Psychic, why not accuse someone? Even so, seeing as the coroner is very likely still alive, there really wouldn't have been any point to sacrificing one of their own this early.

So for me, this is a big deja-vu of the wolves last game who insisted on lynching NoHItter when it was fairly obvious that it was the wrong move.
But...as for Wojjan I personally don't see it being that much of a threat comparing to blackthorne...

Soo... Devote Vote: DJ Blackthorne
LadySuburu
I'm going to request that those currently on the Blackthorne wagon (Chris excluded) repost their reasons for why they think he's a wolf.

Details would be great.
DJblackthorne
Heh, majority vote decides the world. And here i thought, the defense had to act.

DeathxShinigami
I'm not voting for Blackthorne because he's a wolf actually but only because of the way he acts, I mean sure you can play defensively and stall but it is indeed majority rules and a defensive like his would never become a part of a majority.
Cuddlebun
stop stealing my trademark lack of punctuation
anonymous_old
Oh, come the fuck on.

Vote: DxS
LadySuburu

strager wrote:

Oh, come the fuck on.

Damnit, I was about to do that...

After I heard from Tat.
Hijiri Tezuka
Wow, not checking for a few days and the world is spinning into madness, already looked at what you guys posted, so may as well
Vote:Chris
You're trying to get everyone to bandwagon on Blackthorne which is a bit incositus in my book. Why are you trying so hard for us to lean to Blackthorne?
Tatsuo

Oyashiro Beatrice wrote:

Wow, not checking for a few days and the world is spinning into madness, already looked at what you guys posted, so may as well
Vote:Chris
You're trying to get everyone to bandwagon on Blackthorne which is a bit incositus in my book. Why are you trying so hard for us to lean to Blackthorne?
He's not trying to unite people against Blackthorne, he simply stated what he thought about Blackthorne and everyone followed.
And might I add that I voted for DJ Blackthorne first, simply because I thought he was suspicious to begin with. The irc log that Chris posted already made me think against him, thus me voting for him. More voting was done against DJ Blackthorne after my initial vote.

Anyway, I'm still sticking with Blackthorne, and he isn't around to defend himself. I haven't seen him today. Or that could just be because I was AFK from the irc for a while. But Tode said in the irc that no one was talking in the irc.

Cuddlebun> no one's said anything all fucking day!
<Cuddlebun> what the heck
<Tatsuo> ....
<LadySuburu> Dunno.
<LadySuburu> Slow day maybe?
<Cuddlebun> in eleven hours, there were three lines of chat before tatsuoo
<Cuddlebun> -o
I'm going to assume he hasn't been on all day. He can't defend himself; like he was doing a good job at it anyway.

And I'm going to bring this up again, because it still arouses suspicion.

Chris wrote:

19:28 Chris I have a wolf on the inside who gave me the wolf list like last game
19:28 Chris and you're on it
19:28 Chris no not really you can stop shitting yourself
19:28 Blackthorne If that were true that faggot should get perma banned from this game.

Joking obviously, but was suspiciously upset. He wrote his comment less than a second after I said "no, not really".
Derekku
matthew had the second highest vote count on day 1. Day 2 ends in less than 24 hours and he still hasn't tried to defend himself and seems to be hiding instead.

Vote matthewtck for the same reasons as before.

EDIT: Even if he is just a vanilla; a vanilla that doesn't try to help isn't beneficial to us. orz
DeathxShinigami
Going to unvote one more time sorry.
LadySuburu

Poor reasoning for his matt vote D1, but continues to try again D2, looks like he's trying to get an easy lynch on a newbie townie.

Switches to Blackthorne with no posted reasoning, sheeping behind Chris's post. Then his explanation post basically says: "I'm voting Blackthorne because he's never going to vote with the majority. I don't really think he's a wolf though."

HoS: Derekku

Votes for Matt D1 even stating that he's not posting much. (As in, he won't be back to even try to defend himself.) D2, revotes for the same reasons D1, only adding that "Even if he is just a vanilla; a vanilla that doesn't try to help isn't beneficial to us." Again, an easy lynch to hop on, and doesn't seem to actually be trying to look for wolves.

FoS: Tatsuo

Sheeps behind Chris's post, voting against Blackthorne. States multiple times... "...he isn't around to defend himself." "He can't defend himself."

-----------

As for the "Suspicious statement" that Blackthorne made...

Chris states: "He wrote his comment less than a second after I said "no, not really"."

As I was not there at the time, I cannot know when Blackthorne started typing his comment. However, from the way this is worded and the timing on the log, the way I see it is that Blackthorne started typing it after Chris's first line. "I have a wolf on the inside who gave me all the wolf names."

If he had started typing it at the time of the second comment, it would be suspicious. Again, since I was not there, I can't weigh the statement.

As for the rest of Chris's case, I don't see anything about it that seems particularly wolfish.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Status is updated. Here ya go. ^.^

Vote Tally
DeathxShinigami (2 Votes: strager, LadySuburu)
matthewtck (2 Votes: Rolled, Derekku Chan)
DJblackthorne (2 Votes: I_Tatsuo_I, Chris)
Chris (1 Vote: Oyashiro Beatrice)
Wojjan (1 Vote: 0_o)
Rolled (b]1 Vote[/b]: adam2046)
0_o (1 Vote: Zerostarry)
adam2046 (1 Vote: Wojjan)

[point out logic flaw]
By the way, Derekku...regarding your "eliminate the bad townie" logic:

*assuming one using said logic is human*
ANYONE with a Human role is NEVER "not of any value/use," even Civvies; BECAUSE they are Human, they help the Human team outnumber the Vampires. Therefore I strongly suggest you stop your dangerous thinking, and it IS dangerous, because it is STUPID to lynch someone you think is a Human for ANY reason. If you believe someone is Human, but choose to try to get them lynched anyway, you are supporting the Vampires. I personally see LESS than ZERO possible benefit from "getting rid of a stupid/bad townie."

Just thought I'd say.

Now on the other hand, it would be FAR less stupid to vote for someone you think is a Vampire, which is what you are supposed to be doing.
[/point out logic flaw]
Derekku
...shit, I worded that wrong.

I was trying to get at "if he's not trying to help the town, then that sounds like scummy behavior." Being quiet in games like this is never a good idea. If he's a townie and bored, then he shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

orz
0_o
Hey Ace.

You aren't playing. ^_^
KRZY
Wow I can't understand AT ALL what's going on, I will have to pore over the last three pages or so with extreme concentration today until I actually understand what people are saying. Damn English not being my first language.

So until then, no voting :D
0_o
How come no one has addressed the fact that the NK'd psychic-claiming Two has cleared strager and Chris? It seems odd to me that there are people still discussing voting for Chris when a dead, quite-likely psychic says he's human.

Now I do realize that Two wouldn't be able to scan twice so it's likely that one of them was cleared by other means (of, admittedly, unknown validity), but there still is a decent chance he was cleared by Psychic investigation. It would be kind of nice if Two could shed some light on the whole situation, but I don't know where his mind is at (I never do).

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
thepianist
Hello, my head is dead from 400 miles of driving. Let me read through the thread.

..Okay now I'm confused.

Dammit. I'll vote for DxS for Lady Suburu's reasons as I reread the thread for the nth time.

Also, what does it mean for you to say "LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN." What makes you so sure? :
Because s/he is "least experienced, poor time zone location and lack of maturity."?
Ivalset
Two mentioned that he scanned strager. He used his bromance with Chris to determine that he was human.

[18:37] <Two> 2. chris used our friendship this game to convince me that he wasn't a wolf, he wouldn't throw that away over a game
[18:38] <@The_King_In_Yellow> BFF POWER
aRiskOfRain
Vote: DJBlackThorne.
matthewtck
err...VOTE:DiamondCrash
seems a bit suspicious to me...
KRZY
Right. Reread the thread like three-four times, along with the logs. Posting to offer my view at the situation :D

Starting off, I don't think Two would have any reason at all to lie about him being a psychic and strager and chris's human status. Provided that it is very, very unlikely for the wolves to sacrifice a wolf Two on the first night, Two is most definitely a human and a psychic, which pretty much clears strager. As for Chris, I have no idea what methods Two used to claim Chris's humanity (see Ivalsetto's claim that Two scanned strager), but I brush it aside for now as there are more important matters at hand.

Which brings me to...DxS.

LadySuburu has already posted what I wanted to say, but seriously, DxS is three times as more suspicious as NoHItter was in last WWG. For those who don't understand, that's quite a high level of suspiciousness. Instantly going all-out to lynch someone for no solid reason on day 1 might be eyebrow-raising but understandable. Trying the same thing again without additional evidence is definitely suspicious. What's even more suspicious is that he changes his vote to Blackthorne so easily. His pathetic excuse for a reason (I think it had something to do with Blackthorne not following the majority) only tells me that he is eager to jump on any bandwagon that flies atm.

i.e. the classic behavior of a wolf.

Read Chris's log with Blackthorne, and I gotta admit, Blackthorne is acting quite differently from the last WWG, where he was a civ (were you? I'm not 100% sure) However, nothing too suspicious yet.

Didn't even bother to read the log accusing wojjan. Apologies to Ival who provided the log, but I'm just too lazy to read a log that long.

So,

Vote : DxS until anything new comes up. I'd love to see DxS actually make a defense for himself, since he hasn't done that in this game yet.
Wojjan
So I went and took a timetrip in the fora, and looked up the player/wolf ratio for all of Ace's games:
WWG4: 19 players, 7 wolves. 7/19*100 = 36,84%
WWG3: 22 players, 8 wolves. 8/22*100 = 36,36%
WWG2: 26 players, 8 wolves. 8/26*100 = 30,77%
WWG1: 14 players, 5 wolves. 5/14*100 = 35,71%

Average = 34,92% 35%
WWG5: 25 players, X wolves. X/25*100 35% => X=8,73
Assuming Ace keeps a steady ratio (which he does more or less), there are 8 or 9 wolves in this game. Since in a game with 26 players (WWG3) he previously used 8 wolves, I'm inclined to believe 8 again.

So here is my suspicion list of all living players, assuming we have not yet killed a wolf. The confirmed humans are based on Two's information he sent me as of Night 1. I filtered out intuition and the facts, and was left with this.

Suspicion List: Spoilerboxed for length.
DJblackthorne
0_o
Chris
Rolled
nardi11011
I_Tatsuo_I
Todesengal
DeathxShinigami

-------------------
DJ KRZY
dkun
Ivalset
Oyashiro Beatrice
pieguy1372
adam2046
thepianist
matthewtck
MarioBros777
DiamondCrash
Zerostarry
LadySuburu
Derekku Chan (More or less CONFIRMED by Ace, who called Derek out on being a HUMAN voting for a HUMAN)
Wojjan (not confirmed, but I don't suspect myself, obviously.)

----------------------
strager (CONFIRMED HUMAN, Psychic result.)
Two(CONFIRMED HUMAN, Coroner result.)
whoatefred(CONFIRMED HUMAN, Coroner result.)

Obviously, these aren't my final eight, and this list isn't set in stone, as we're only Day 2.
The top eight in this list would, according to my logic, at least, be the wolves (with the exempt from Chris and DJBlackthorne, I'll explain that when I get there.). Following is some elaboration on these eight, as to why exactly they scored so high:

DeathxShinigami: He has only been voting for those who already have votes, and seems to rush the game towards night phase. Quite strange, if you ask me, for a civvie to do.

Todesengal: Although hanging in IRC often, I haven't seen any actual contributing from her side, although she usually does, based on previous games.

I_Tatsuo_I: In addition to the argument I gave for Tode, (bar the experience from previous games), he seems to actually be able to contribute, but only did so when asked.

nardi11011: Has he even been around to drop off his opinion? I'm used to way more participation on his side, whih even led to him making an alternate account. Why did he suddenly fall mute?

Rolled: He has been making some small slip-ups I wouldn't expect from an experienced player. That callout on Tode's comment was odd, because I honestly don't think he wouldn't know the word 'succint'. And, quoth DiamondCrash:
<DiamondCrash> Also he quoted the wrong person in his post

Chris: He has been picking on Blackthorne in that one post with the logs, and with very poor arguments to boot.

0_o: Now, this is a different story. Everyone seems to suspect DeathxShinigami because of his constant will to off matthew. However, Day 1 and Day 2 he has only voted me, with arguments one can easily pull a reversal on. The first day, indeed, I took the votes too serious. But it did lead to some more or less decent discussion instead of a non-stop RVS. I'm not saying I suspect him on that, he did well to call me out at that point. But on Day 2, he still votes for me, with that IRC log as evidence, so to speak. However, that IRC logs tells of me not believing Two was the psychic - I do now, by the way, since that talk. - and my strategy for playing wolf being different from him regarding killing a wolf at night.

DJBlackthorne: I know listing him an Chris both as wolves takes away the credibility of my theory, but since this is only a suspicion list, and not a list of "these guys are wolves!", please bear with me. Blackthorne has been in IRC with Chris who was barraging him with accusations that didn't really make sense. However, Blackthorne immedately became defensive on the matter, and tried to counter his logic with whatever he could, hoping to drive suspicion away from him. He is just trying too hard to counter all arguments to still remain believable.

stuffy language, WIFOM WIFOM, look at me I'm diplomatic. Shoot me.
nardii
I've just not really been that motivated to actually form an opinion after the last game failed (and I think being a wolf is more fun). As far as suspicion goes, most people haven't really acted suspicious enough for me to consider a vote or I've found their suspicious actions to be explained better by something else than being a wolf. One who does stick out for me is DxS; he seems a bit like a newbie (has he played before?) wolf with his short posts with little reasoning, trying to look like he's thought stuff out but in reality just voting on whoever has been voted on already on is likely to be voted on more. His lack of a defense seems weird as well, though now that I think about it that could go either way. Anyway, I guess I'll vote for him since I don't really have anyone else I'm just as suspicious of.

anonymous_old
To clarify why I'm voting:

DxS wrote:

Vote: DJ Blackthorne

DxS wrote:

I'm not voting for Blackthorne because he's a wolf actually but only because of the way he acts, ....
And the kicker (which I was hoping for, as it's a classic, strong scum tell):

DxS wrote:

Going to unvote one more time sorry.
Confirm vote: DxS

Oh, look, a diplomat!

Vote: Wojjan

strager is really hoping strager can get a chance to read the thread and IRC logs this weekend.
adam2046

thepianist wrote:

Hello, my head is dead from 400 miles of driving. Let me read through the thread.

..Okay now I'm confused.

Dammit. I'll vote for DxS for Lady Suburu's reasons as I reread the thread for the nth time.

Also, what does it mean for you to say "LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN." What makes you so sure? :
Because s/he is "least experienced, poor time zone location and lack of maturity."?
What the hell...
Since when were you in this game?
thepianist

adam2046 wrote:

What the hell...
Since when were you in this game?
W-Wuhh. That was mean >:c

Anyways, what is a good application to access IRC from an iPod?
Cuddlebun
Wojjan you are forgetting Rolled did not finish high school.
DeathxShinigami
It's shame everyone's using me as bait :P
KRZY

DeathxShinigami wrote:

It's a shame you aren't defending yourself.

At least say "I'm not a wolf" or something.
aRiskOfRain

Todesengal wrote:

Wojjan you are forgetting Rolled did not finish high school.
Really?

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Bait? The only thing we're trying to catch is a vampire, and as far as I'm concerned, that's you.
0_o

thepianist wrote:

Anyways, what is a good application to access IRC from an iPod?
I use Colloquy, costs $2.

@Wojjan: I realize my voting for you seems odd when there are several more popular votes right now, but I think the reason that I find you the most suspicious is because I've found you suspicious for the longest. The idea of "Wojjan is a vampire" has had the most time to settle in my head compared to anyone else. So I admit there is a bias here, but that's just where my head is at.

I'll probably be switching my vote to one of the more likely candidates for a lynch once I read through everything again.
show more