forum

Real life vs Internet - personality

posted
Total Posts
show more
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Well, I think I'm pretty much the same. IRL it's very hard for me to cope with other people and conversations because I get anxious ( so I look like an asshole ). Maybe a little less nowadays, but that's just a little. With my friends however, we can talk about anything since we know each other for many years.

On the net, it's a different story, because I don't talk face to face with others so it's easier ( a lot ) for me to; idk, be happy, show my feelings, and eventually open myself if I see that someone deserves it. In the end, I try to be more open on the net. Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. Idk, I'm boring I guess.

:)
Corefish
I think im a bit of a shittier person on the internet. Anonymity exists
PanCakeKun
Online, I don't mind what i do because you'll probably never see any of these people in your life lol.

In real life I'm kinda shy and quiet until you actually get to meet me, this why i keep my circle of friends kind of small
Critical Dude
Online - Pretty much whatever the hell I want to be
Offline - Can be shy (or sometimes super shy) but will be loud if excited or ticked off >_<

I usually act more like a clown online than offline, irl I show a more serious side.
RedKing
Online I only have one personality which is a cheerful personality. In real life it all depends on the context and situation. I think its normal to have different personalities online and offline though.
Szymek
really nice/mysterious can be super friendly huehue jk
Kyonko Hizara
I think I'm pretty much the same in either. The online friends I met irl said I really wasn't that different. Either way online or offline I still get nervous around people that I don't know.
Hika
I dunno dude, I'm pretty much a dick all around if you know what i mean ahuahauheuaheauhu

keyboard warriors are best warriors tho
drum drum
Im probably quieter irl compared to the internet

more shy on the internet than irl
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I'm an extremely shy person who rarely voices one's opinions.
I'm also a very quiet person in real life. Literally. No one can hear me talk unless they're really close. It's come to that point where if I talk, everyone shits themselves.

On the internet, my confidence is slightly better, but I'm still slightly shy. I type words down more than me talking words irl. I tend to hesitate replying to posts as well.
Closed_dreamer
I'm a student from Poland. Actually I'm a Belarussian guy, but play for Poland. By the way I have a question-is it possible to change a country in your profile?
Personal life is not very nice. I have no girlfriend or a big number of friends. The most of my free time I spend in the library playing OSU! or studying. I study really well since I only play OSU! and read books. Nothing else. Yeah, I'm a good student. Also, I attend all the lectures and workshops conducted in university. Now I have an IT lesson and that's why I'm sitting and typing this message.Oh, I will make my secret social over here, since only one my friend play OSU!, but he does not care about forums and topics. Here, in this classroom sitting one fancy and amazing girl. She is my ideal, but of course I'm antisocial and closed guy, whom nobody loves. I think so. So I even don't speak to her. She would be amazed If read this message. HAHAHA. Though, it's my own PC and nobody excepting you, community, will read it. The end of the story.
Aurani

Hika wrote:

I dunno dude, I'm pretty much a dick all around if you know what i mean ahuahauheuaheauhu

keyboard warriors are best warriors tho
Nigga step down from dem drugs. :p
You must be real popular with all those dicks :V
Gravey-

drum drum wrote:

Im probably quieter irl compared to the internet

more shy on the internet than irl
Same for me.

When you meet me irl i'm quiet and very shy.

While in the internet and talkative and friendly person >.>
troke
i dont have friends in irl
but i have friend in internet :(
Rio-
Pretty much the same. I prefer to become quiet both irl and on internet, but i'm more to a serious-person irl than me while on Internet... and ofc, i can be talkative if I already know you (both irl & on internet)
Alucard

Closed_dreamer wrote:

I'm a student from Poland. Actually I'm a Belarussian guy, but play for Poland. By the way I have a question-is it possible to change a country in your profile?
Personal life is not very nice. I have no girlfriend or a big number of friends. The most of my free time I spend in the library playing OSU! or studying. I study really well since I only play OSU! and read books. Nothing else. Yeah, I'm a good student. Also, I attend all the lectures and workshops conducted in university. Now I have an IT lesson and that's why I'm sitting and typing this message.Oh, I will make my secret social over here, since only one my friend play OSU!, but he does not care about forums and topics. Here, in this classroom sitting one fancy and amazing girl. She is my ideal, but of course I'm antisocial and closed guy, whom nobody loves. I think so. So I even don't speak to her. She would be amazed If read this message. HAHAHA. Though, it's my own PC and nobody excepting you, community, will read it. The end of the story.

I'm starting a manga based on your story.
karterfreak
I'm pretty shy and introverted in real life now despite being a social person in earlier parts in my life. Now I tend to avoid talking to people very often due to very bad anxiety while being around people due to agoraphobia that was caused by panic attacks while in college (which inevitably led to depression as well, as I used to be a pretty social person despite having only a few close friends, but I digress.)

Online I'm fairly social and talkative, and often have no issues taking control of situations or events going on. I like getting to know people and am not afraid to speak my mind on topics, though I am respectful of others opinions (as I am IRL as well). IRL getting extremely bad anxiety whenever I'm around a group of people, but this isn't an issue online as I'm not physically around the people, so it doesn't trigger the panic attacks and such.

Both IRL and on the internet I'm a very modest person, and don't tend to make excuses for myself if I make mistakes, and never consider myself to be a "better" person than someone else. I treat everyone I meet with respect as long as they do the same in return.

There's more you could learn about me but honestly I feel this is good enough for a random post about how I am out of boredom.
Granger

silmarilen wrote:

online me is how irl me would be if i wasnt so scared of talking to people or speaking my mind.
This. Speaking to people scares me and i try to hide and avoid contact. As result i am magitudes more introverted irl than online, altough i still dont talk very much online.
BeatofIke

eeezzzeee wrote:

A lot of people probably think it's supposed to be the other way around but I'm way nicer online..
This. I think I'm much nicer, confident (and sometimes perverted) online than on real life
I'm very anti-social and introverted irl (I'm not really a shy person though, just the quiet type)

Varetyr wrote:

Being online gives me much more time to choose my words, which helps a lot with my somewhat blunt nature :/
Can't stress this enough. There are times that I end up failing anyways. In real life, I'm GOD AWFUL in choosing my words carefully. I can never understand how people can just say the right words naturally, clearly, and instantly. I just don't get it, I'm the complete opposite. I also speak softly and tend to stutter sometimes as I do so, making others around me difficult to hear what I've saying. There are also times when I don't understand what other people are saying or what they are trying to say and I often have to tell them to repeat (or even guess myself). As a result, I often get scolded for not "paying attention" (this often happens at my work place and I get frustrated from that). There's more to this story, but I don't want to go mental here.

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Literally. No one can hear me talk unless they're really close. It's come to that point where if I talk, everyone shits themselves.

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

IRL it's very hard for me to cope with other people and conversations because I get anxious ( so I look like an asshole ). Maybe a little less nowadays, but that's just a little. With my friends however, we can talk about anything since we know each other for many years.

On the net, it's a different story, because I don't talk face to face with others so it's easier ( a lot ) for me to; idk, be happy, show my feelings, and eventually open myself if I see that someone deserves it. In the end, I try to be more open on the net. Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. Idk, I'm boring I guess.

CuboidBeats wrote:

I try to be nice on both the internet and in real life, though people can get on my bad side for not using common sense or by being an all around idiot. I'm more of an introvert in real life, too. I don't have any friends at school, or anyone to talk to, which is why I still prefer to spend my time on a computer rather than in public events.

In all honesty, I think people on the internet are much more interesting than those in real life. everybody has an opinion, and they can say it without being embarrassed.
Hot damn. Think I'm all of the above in real life. At least I'm not alone.
FathomAssembly
IRL I don't usually get out of my house, but even if I were, I wouldn't talk to mush people. I'm not really shy, unless I do something I never did before, I'm just quiet and usually never know of something to talk about.

Online I'm less stressed and more confident, more kind and I like to help people from time to time if they need to. I show a looooot more my emotions too =3
Derpu
I'm trying to keep my internet personality just like my RL personality is, but i noticed that I tend to state my opinion more often even though I know taht it might offend some others. :/
kuldager

Closed_dreamer wrote:

heh)0)
Aomi

Vayentha wrote:

IRL I don't usually get out of my house, but even if I were, I wouldn't talk to much people. I'm not really shy, unless I do something I never did before, I'm just quiet and usually never know of something to talk about.

Online I'm less stressed and more confident, more kind and I like to help people from time to time if they need to. I show a looooot more my emotions too
It's absolutely the same with me. : )