forum

[Archived] Osu! will not recognize a .OSU file.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BeatFreak
Earlier today I had downloaded BeForU- Love Shine off the Osu! Beatmap page after following a link from Multiplayer.

Once I restarted Osu and went into Solo the normal importing/searching for new file screen came up and showed the file as imported. it did not show up on my beatmap list. When I tried dragging the Osu files onto the application it said that it could not recognize or use the file type despite being an OSU file.
Also, some files will start and show the health bar, progress, scores, and accuracy but wont start at all.
This hasn't happened before.

My system:
Windows XP 32-bit service pack 3
The correct .NET frameworks are in place.
no graphics run other than backround video
anonymous_old
You need to drag the .osz files into osu!, not the .osu files.
Topic Starter
BeatFreak
Well the file was straight off of the Osu! website.
Zekira
Errr, probably might not work, but first, try pressing F5 on the song select screen.

If that doesn't work then probably you ARE dragging a .osu file and not a .osz:

strager wrote:

You need to drag the .osz files into osu!, not the .osu files.
In case it wasn't clear to you:

RemmyX25
That is the greatest diagram i've ever seen.
Zekira
Hey I did that in 3 seconds with MS Paint :<
EvianBubble
I have the same problem but someone uploaded the file onto the forums for my map, how can I open it?
anonymous_old

EvianBubble wrote:

I have the same problem but someone uploaded the file onto the forums for my map, how can I open it?
In the editor, click File -> Open Song Folder. Save the .osu file in that folder. Go out of the editor (into the editor song select screen). The new diff should be loaded.
EvianBubble

strager wrote:

EvianBubble wrote:

In the editor, click File -> Open Song Folder. Save the .osu file in that folder. Go out of the editor (into the editor song select screen). The new diff should be loaded.
Ohh that works, thanks
Topic Starter
BeatFreak
I'll try using F5.

I use the purple download button.

When I download the files from the Osu Beatmap pages I only get .osu files no .osz, along with any video or mp3 bundled with the beatmaps.
anonymous_old

BeatFreak wrote:

When I download the files from the Osu Beatmap pages I only get .osu files no .osz, along with any video or mp3 bundled with the beatmaps.
What browser/file manager are you using?
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

BeatFreak wrote:

What browser/file manager are you using?
You know, regardless of the browser, the link will only link to the osz.