forum

disable "undo the silence" [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
5TEV3N
i had no idea you could do it in the first place but i did it by accident! which got me banned

Disable the function of undoing your silence before newbies like me will make the same mistake as me
Derekku
Use common sense instead. If you get silenced, then there is a reason for it.
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

Derekku Chan wrote:

Use common sense instead. If you get silenced, then there is a reason for it.
Good morning!
You mods tend to jump on the gun fast aye??

I forgot to put in this on my post last night:

If you are muted and you happen to logg off and log a back in you still have the penalty on you.
If you are logged off and the you have a penalty on for about an hour, then that penalty
will still be in effect meaning that if you log back on after a hour the penalty will be gone
Ephemeral
Silences only ever last five minutes. Bans usually follow if the point needs to be reinforced further.
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

Ephemeral wrote:

Silences only ever last five minutes. Bans usually follow if the point needs to be reinforced further.
Im clearly saying that once you get muted you will get muted for 5 min! but if you come back dureing your 5 min(lets say 3 min) you would still have to wait 2 more min to wait. This is will prevent us newbies of geting banned and blocking out the trolls
Jarby
You know, I would actually like this to be implemented.
NoHitter
I don't get the whole idea of this request.
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

NoHItter wrote:

just try to get it then!

and thanks jarjacob for the comment
Shohei Ohtani

NoHItter wrote:

What this is trying to say is that he wants silences to still be intact even when someone logs off.

This would be nice to add, but it's not all too neccesary, as generally those who avoid silences are going to get !killed anyway :3~
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

CDFA wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

What this is trying to say is that he wants silences to still be intact even when someone logs off.

This would be nice to add, but it's not all too neccesary, as generally those who avoid silences are going to get !killed anyway :3~
but what if a newbie didn't know about avoiding silences?
You should also think about the newbies
Ephemeral

5TEV3N wrote:

CDFA wrote:

but what if a newbie didn't know about avoiding silences?
You should also think about the newbies
Then said newbie figures it out after he silence evades and gets banned for a few hours.
LuigiHann

JarJarJacob wrote:

You know, I would actually like this to be implemented.
I thought this was the case already. If it's not, it should be.
Jinxy

Ephemeral wrote:

Then said newbie figures it out after he silence evades and gets banned for a few hours.
Unreasonable ban is unreasonable

"Oh you did this by accident, now I'm going to punish you with extreme measures so you will remember it the next time."
Except this would either cause haters or trolls. Which really isn't helping much.
Ephemeral
It's common sense that when people with authority tell you to shut up for five minutes, you shut up for five minutes.

I really can't see why this is such a big deal.

Relogging is a conscious attempt to evade punishment. Anybody who is even remotely acquainted with the internet or just communication in general knows that evading punishment is a dumb thing to do.
anonymous_old
But think of the noobies!

=|???
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

Ephemeral wrote:

It's common sense that when people with authority tell you to shut up for five minutes, you shut up for five minutes.

I really can't see why this is such a big deal.

Relogging is a conscious attempt to evade punishment. Anybody who is even remotely acquainted with the internet or just communication in general knows that evading punishment is a dumb thing to do.
ya but impatient newbies will have no reason to have osu on just to wait 5 min from the silence to be lifted and rather play majong.
and if you ban for spaming then there ganna spam the forums saying to "unban me" my suggestion will prevent that!
anonymous_old

5TEV3N wrote:

and if you ban for spaming then there ganna spam the forums saying to "unban me" my suggestion will prevent that!
Example please?
Cuddlebun
banned for a few hours = extreme measures

lololol
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

strager wrote:

5TEV3N wrote:

Example please?
Example:

Charlie was silenced for anout 5 min. so he decided to close osu and play some majong.
Then when he goes back into osu (lets say about 4 min later) he starts chating again. but the mods will
think that he unblocked himself so they decided to ban him.
Since Charlie doesn't know whats happening, he decideds to go on the forums and make threads to unban him

My suggestion will prevent this ^^^^
CheeseWarlock
Usually what happens is that someone gets silenced, and they immediately close the client and come back saying something like "wtf i couldnt talk" or the same sort of thing that got them !silenced in the first place. If you come back after 4 minutes and say something that isn't annoying and !silence-worthy, I don't think anyone will particularly care.
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Usually what happens is that someone gets silenced, and they immediately close the client and come back saying something like "wtf i couldnt talk" or the same sort of thing that got them !silenced in the first place. If you come back after 4 minutes and say something that isn't annoying and !silence-worthy, I don't think anyone will particularly care.
Your basicly talking about my example

But my suggestion is! :

CheeseWarlock

5TEV3N wrote:

Your basicly talking about my example
Good observation.

5TEV3N wrote:

But my suggestion is! :
I know, I read it.

But every time I see a silence-evasion ban, it's been for the person continuing to be stupid* after silence evading. If the first thing you do when you get silenced is close osu!, open it again and talk in chat, you're evading intentionally. There's no reason to do it unless you know you'll be unsilenced. If you happen to close it and come back in a few minutes, and accidentally talk before 5 minutes are up, and you don't say something stupid*, I don't think moderators will take action (if they even notice).

*As in, spamming, flaming, being very annoying, speaking in the wrong channel after being warned, etc.
anonymous_old
^