forum

Where do I focus my eyes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GunterGaming
I've played lots of games similar to taiko as a kid, like Donkey Konga or whatnot.
I've tried playing taiko, but my eyes usually don't focus/focus on the middle of the track and with all the colours speeding by, I get a little lightheaded.
When I try to focus on the far left end of the track, it's difficult for me to see the notes incoming.
Where do I look?
Vuelo Eluko
probably at where the notes are appearing if its anything like mania or CTB and it is

i dont play it though so i could easily be wrong, i came to the conclusion all the other modes besides standard are nigh unplayable for me because everything blends tears and looks awful when moving fast because it's a low refresh rate monitor. hinders me pretty badly
Conor
[Ayase Eli]
This is weird for me. While when I play CtB and Mania, I usually make sure I am looking at some center spot that's not too far from the middle of the screen, I don't really do that with taiko. I end up looking much closer to the drum point, but my peripheral vision picks up all the notes I guess. I honestly think that not all taiko players look to the far right of the screen, because otherwise hidden would be a simple mod...

I would say just look wherever, it doesn't matter too much. If you feel like you're looking too far left, just try some hidden and hard rock stuff and it should help force your eyes right.
MMzz
I answered this question a few months ago on ask.fm.

http://ask.fm/MMzzosu/answer/122853356758

MMzz wrote:

Depends on the resolution you use.
For me I have used a 4:3 ratio my entire time with osu!taiko. That being said my notes generally come at a faster pace because the scroll bar is shorter than a 16:9 ratio's. So, in theory you're best bet would be to look as far right as possible. But whatever is comfortable for you is fine.
16:9 ratio i have never used so im not sure if there are different techniques based off of all the extra room. But it would still boil down to where you are comfortable.
PROTIP: Don't follow the notes as they move left. Keep your eyes focused on one spot. If you are following notes you won't have enough time to see and register the actions for the notes directly behind them. That is a big mistake noobies make.