forum

Question about Kudosu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EvianBubble
Hiya there, I just have a quick question: sometimes when modding it's 1 kusodu, and sometimes it's 2. How come some maps give 2 and some give 1?

... yea, didn't know where to ask this so I just figured general questions was the place to go :P
Shohei Ohtani
Maps that have not had a recent post within a week will give a modder 2 kudosu.

Maps that have had a recent post within a week will give a modder 1 kudosu.

Although I suggest not posting in 2 kudosu maps unless the mapper wants you to, as most of those maps are maps waiting to be graved.
0_o
It depends on the time since the last post. I'm not sure exactly what how long it takes to make a post worth 2 kudos though.

This was implented to encourage people to mod neglected maps ;)

fffff ninja'd
Topic Starter
EvianBubble
Ah I see, thanks you guys :)
Another question though: say someone mods your map and they respond twice. What's the thing to do here? Give Kudosu! twice or just once?
Derekku
If they provided helpful modding both times, then you should be encouraged to give kudos to both posts.

However, if they spread their post out JUST to try and get more kudos, then you should really just award the one post, I suppose.
LuigiHann
Honestly, if the map hasn't changed, I would say it only counts as one mod, so they should only get kudosu once.

If they mod, and you make changes, and then they come back and make new suggestions based on the changes you made, then they can get additional kudosu.