forum

any good players who dont use hitsounds?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
so my hitsounds were pissing me off because they sounded completely off time, even if i'd do a triple accurately and controlled they all got jumbled together randomly and made it sound like i wasn't, so i disabled hitsounds in frustration and was suddenly getting 97%+ consistently on od8+dt and 99% on od7+dt so... i was considering staying this way but i dont know anyone else who actually made it work and i dont want it to just be taking a placebo too seriously
Mahogany
silmarilen
i havent done any reasearch about it, but im pretty sure hitsounds help you be more accurate. so if anything it's a placebo.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
the hitsounds are fine, its just sometimes my computer starts derping and they sound completely off for some reason and they make me end up with some awful hit error like -35 +5 but if turning them off fixes the latency then hell ill just keep them off

silm: i just found it funny my accuracy went from being at like 80% with hitsounds on to 97-99% on the same maps when i turned them off.

so far the major issue seems to be with long streams, if i start to mess up its a lot harder to adjust back to normal, starting to adapt already though..
Redon
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
aaand just got 97% on a map where all my other plays are 94-96
what the hell

is turning off hitsounds secret top player tech or something
gregest
gogo od10+dt ss
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
i have 31 od10 maps and the easiest one is 5.59 stars

so im probably not going to dt any of them
fieryrage
I barely play with hitsounds. Majority of the time they're, like, 20% volume. While music is at 60%. So I can barely hear them.
jackisgone
i dont know of anyone that doesnt use hitsounds thats actually good
I Give Up
Hit sounds can make beatmap seem easier, harder, or have no effect. Depends on beatmap and hit sounds used.
ZenithPhantasm

KukiMonster wrote:

Hit sounds can make beatmap seem easier, harder, or have no effect. Depends on beatmap and hit sounds used.
As long as its not Narrill's hitsounds just leave them on
winber1
through extensive research i have figured out that when you click a circle, there is an audio that is played. this is called a hitsound.

thank you for your time.
bigfeh

winber1 wrote:

through extensive research i have figured out that when you click a circle, there is an audio that is played. this is called a hitsound.

thank you for your time.
have you considered writing a paper?
gregest

bigfeh wrote:

winber1 wrote:

thank you for your time.
I did

bigfeh

CptBlackBird wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

I did

(related: I like that typeface. what is it?)
gregest
it's the aller font
bigfeh

CptBlackBird wrote:

it's the aller font
No it's not, I have it here

oops it probably really is
Zare
Aqo played without Hitsounds

:^)
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko