forum

Spinner Accuracy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amillax
Howdy and good day,

For the longest time, I have used the default skin. It has an overall good design and it is easy to read. However, recently I started playing around with minimal skins because I wanted to get more in touch with the finer movements of my cursor; be one with the cursor. Aaanyway, I noticed that my spinner accuracy and speed went way up (playing with mouse). I ended up going back to the default skin, but I swapped in the spinner textures from a minimal skin. It's great! I noticed that the default spinner is actually really distracting.

I figure that this is common knowledge, but it hit me like some sort of epiphany today and I thought I would share. :)
Mahogany
Default spinner is literally the worst part of the default skin
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Default spinner is literally the worst part of the default skin
What he said.

Every time I use it, I get confused.
Mafuuu
That default spinner gave me a migraine on my first day of osu! Switching skins was a must, not a choice :/
Topic Starter
amillax

Mafuuu wrote:

That default spinner gave me a migraine on my first day of osu! Switching skins was a must, not a choice :/
I had literally been playing this game for almost a year with the default skin and I never noticed how terrible it was until now lol...
Mofu kun
its so bad
Kouya-
to much circle spinning .
Nuolong
Oh God the default spinner

BIG BLACK AND BLUE SPIRAL POOP ON YOUR FACE WITH ANNOYING SOUND EFFECTS AND SHINY STUFFS AND aw darn, you failed.
and I have a crap PC so it even runs slow when I use it
bigfeh
this or riot
-sev

bigfeh wrote:

this or riot
gross
trebby
Default isn't that bad, but the slider whistle needs to go. And the spinner. Maybe the cursor.
bigfeh

Kaienyuu wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

this or riot
gross
do you stalk me to shitpost to my shitposts? cause that's what this is looking like
-sev
-Yes

-No

-Maybe

Pick one.
bigfeh

Kaienyuu wrote:

-Yes

-No

-Maybe

Pick one.
I pick yes

also @thread
the default skin looks great on the most part (except for the spinner) but generally plays like shit. That's really unfortunate given that it looks so good
Friendan
Swapping skins doesn't magically make your spinning better; it's placebo.
Which default? The yellow and red one or that blue one? I use the yellow and red default one because my spinner skin doesn't work.
Also don't use Memezi's skin. It ----[TRIGGERS]---- me.
Yuudachi-kun

Friendan wrote:

Which default? The yellow and red one or that blue one? I use the yellow and red default one because my spinner skin doesn't work.
Also don't use Memezi's skin. It ----[TRIGGERS]---- me.
I guess it's also placebo that my hata no kokoro skin makes me worse at spinning because of how damn detailed it is that I can't concentrate. I just believe it'll make me worse and it does. Not everything is a fucking placebo.
Mahogany

Friendan wrote:

I'd say being able to actually see where your cursor is does make your spinning better in a magical way.
gregest

bigfeh wrote:

this or riot
holy shit,how can somebody play with this skin?
bigfeh

CptBlackBird wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

this or riot
holy shit,how can somebody play with this skin?
how can you play with anything else

been using it since early 2013
-sev

bigfeh wrote:

how can you play with anything else

been using it since early 2013
dude nice