forum

[Archived] Map Thing? No, it doesn't show up.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool
Problem Details: So, I downloaded this beat map (Link: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/173120&m=0) and when it finished downloading, I dragged the file into osu! and... Nothing. It doesn't show up. At all. I right-clicked the file and it doesn't say "open with osu!" either...

Video or screenshot showing the problem: No screenshot or video, since it happened only minutes ago. Dragging the file into osu! worked with all the other beatmaps, so why the hay doesn't it work here?

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
abraker
Works for me.

Control Panel -> Search for "default programs" -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program -> Wait for it to load -> Find the "osz" file type -> verify it's listed. Edit: oh other beatmaps work for you

Try finding the map in the songs folder, deleting it and redownloading it
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool

abraker wrote:

Works for me.

Control Panel -> Search for "default programs" -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program -> Wait for it to load -> Find the "osz" file type -> verify it's listed. Edit: oh other beatmaps work for you

Try finding the map in the songs folder, deleting it and redownloading it
I don't think Mac has the control panel thing...
abraker
I crossed that idea out anyway, have you tried the other option? Also it is kinda important to mention that you are on Mac.
lenpai
To access the songs folder in mac you'll havr to find where it is installed. Usually, you can find it in Applications. If you found osu, right click it and click "open enclosing folder" or something like that. Go to osu>songs and find the song and delete it.
I had this issue with a bbu2 map.
So do these in order:
1. If you already delete the map. ReDL the map and open it.
2. Song doesn't show up? Hit fn+f5
3. Song still doesnt show up? Delete the song, redl, change te extension from .osz to .zip, extract, paste the folder in the so gs folder, if osu is opened, hit fn+f5
4. Still doesnt work? Rip
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool

Lenfried- wrote:

To access the songs folder in mac you'll havr to find where it is installed. Usually, you can find it in Applications. If you found osu, right click it and click "open enclosing folder" or something like that. Go to osu>songs and find the song and delete it.
I had this issue with a bbu2 map.
So do these in order:
1. If you already delete the map. ReDL the map and open it.
2. Song doesn't show up? Hit fn+f5
3. Song still doesnt show up? Delete the song, redl, change te extension from .osz to .zip, extract, paste the folder in the songs folder, if osu is opened, hit fn+f5
4. Still doesnt work? Rip
So I went into the song folder thing and deleted a thing called "Failed" since the song wasn't there.
Song still didn't work. I don't have "fn" on my keyboard. I don't know how to change the extensions. I don't know how to "rip"...
lenpai
Crap your kb has no fn? That's going to suck a lot as programs on wine need the fn for normal functions to work.
By the way, have you tried hitting f5 while in solo player mode? If "processing beatmaps" or the likes happened then that's good, you wont need the fn
Usually you can see the extensions if you try to rename the file (clicking a file and clicking it after at 2 seconds).
Should it not appear, just check google on how to rename extensions.

As for the rip, rip as in rest in peace, i dont know any other possible solution.

This could trace to my early experience with osu on my mac where the beatmaps only process after some time (could reach days) but might as well try the f5 command.