forum

100Ks beating 5 star maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Onionpearman
I've noticed that there are quite a few "lower" ranked players that can do 5 star maps. Especially because I have seen several times an 80 or 90k player do better than myself, even though I am more than 30k ranks above them. I don't want to sound arrogant, but but how do they do it? I remember back in 2014 I had broken 50k and could barely complete a 4.5 star map, so I'm confused.
Mahogany
Clearing 5 star maps is nothing. FCing them is what's important.
bigfeh
there are way more players now than there were in 2014

also I can pass airman but it doesn't mean I can play 7 star maps, passing != being able to play
[ yogurt ]
Cheaters, smurfs, offline players, etc.

But getting a C is hardly an achievement.
gregest

bigfeh wrote:

also I can pass airman but it doesn't mean I can play 7 star maps, passing != being able to play
airman is hp3,everyone can pass everything with hp3,7.32 star but hp3

bigfeh

CptBlackBird wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

airman is hp3,everyone can pass everything with hp3,7.32 star but hp3

it's still a 7 star map

and mommy can't pass it
lololololo
XgenSlayer
Even I can pass Airman lol

Onto the topic, Mahoganytooth is right. Passing them isn't really an achievement if you get a C or D. Who knows, they might just be mashing through it. Otherwise, they are probably multiaccounters that have already built up skill on their main account (Which is ranked higher than their multi). Try not to worry about it and play at your own pace.
Yuudachi-kun
Passing airman is a big accomplishment and it's obviously a sign that you're amazing as you tell all your rank 200k friends what scrubs they are.
B1rd
anyone can pass airman. all you need to do is hit the circles on one side of the screen.
Endaris

B1rd wrote:

anyone can pass airman. all you need to do is hit the circles on one side of the screen.
^

Passing it while trying to actually play it is not as easy. I can pass it on HT like every 5 tries when playing it seriously.
Beating 5 star maps isn't as hard though as mentioned. If it's low hp and the mapstyle fits me I will pass it.
-Makishima S-
As everyone say - there is diffrence betwin playing a map and only passing it.
High acc A/S - playing map
Mid or low acc C/B - only passing

I can also pass few 4*+ ar8 maps but this doesn't mean i am able to play them properly while only range where i can play properly is ~3-3.2* ar7.
LoliPantsu

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

what would the point of smurfing be in this game
Yuudachi-kun

Waifu420Laifu wrote:

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

We just don't know.
FieryLight

Onionpearman wrote:

I've noticed that there are quite a few "lower" ranked players that can do 5 star maps. Especially because I have seen several times an 80 or 90k player do better than myself, even though I am more than 30k ranks above them. I don't want to sound arrogant, but but how do they do it? I remember back in 2014 I had broken 50k and could barely complete a 4.5 star map, so I'm confused.
You just gotta practice it like crazy. Like, wayyy more than you should. Here's a play of my doing Hoshizora last year when I could barely play 3.5 star maps:

I was using a crappy old microsoft mouse (not the WMO 1.1a, I wish I had that...) and it liked to randomly make huge jumps so you can see how I failed at the end. Funny thing is, 14 months later, I still haven't FC'd that song or gotten close to a full combo. And as you can see on my profile, I have 518 plays on it =P
pandaBee

FieryLight wrote:

You just gotta practice it like crazy. Like, wayyy more than you should. Here's a play of my doing Hoshizora last year when I could barely play 3.5 star maps:
It says the video is private.

Kheldragar wrote:

We just don't know.
Epeen, obviously.
ziin

FieryLight wrote:

Onionpearman wrote:

I was using a crappy old microsoft mouse (not the WMO 1.1a, I wish I had that...) and it liked to randomly make huge jumps so you can see how I failed at the end. Funny thing is, 14 months later, I still haven't FC'd that song or gotten close to a full combo. And as you can see on my profile, I have 518 plays on it =P
If you never FC a song you will never gain PP, so you can constantly improve without ever gaining ranks. However it's more likely that the rank 100k is a multi account or transferred from a similar rhythm game.
bigfeh

ziin wrote:

If you never FC a song you will never gain PP, so you can constantly improve without ever gaining ranks.
can confirm it happens, particularly if you don't give a shit about your rank. This is precisely why people burst and gain a billion ranks in a few days
B1rd
Only FCing a specific type of map gives you pp. You can practice FC maps all day and get little to no pp.

There are a few rank 5 digit players that spend all their time playing 6*+ AR10 maps, and are actually quite good at them. I've encountered some playing multis.
FieryLight

pandaBee wrote:

FieryLight wrote:

It says the video is private.
:oops: My bad, thanks! :)
[ yogurt ]

Waifu420Laifu wrote:

Fuck me if I know. But people do this. They also cheat in osu! which is completely incomprehensible for me.
show more