forum

100Ks beating 5 star maps

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
Things have changed a lot, as more people play, rank equates to an overall greater level of skill, i remember a year ago in early ppv2 the average rank 40k-50k player had about a 50/50 chance of passing a 5 star map in multi, the bar has been lowered in a sense, and that level now extends down into the 6 digits because more competitors. likewise if you took that rank 100k player and send him back in time he'd be 50k, if you sent a top 3k player now back to early osu! he would be #1 for a very, very long time.

not surprising to see, since ive watched #9999 inflate by around 1000 pp over time.
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

you sent a top 3k player now back to early osu! he would be #1 for a very, very long time.
Score based ranking system 8-)
Also AR8
Vuelo Eluko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Also AR8
he'd dt or hdhr fc all the maps with modless misses and everyone would freak out and he'd pretty much be thought of as cookiezi for awhile
CelegaS
I'm just a mouse player rank 45k and i can beat some 5stars. To gain pp i'm supposed to fc or i gain half pp and i don't gain rank.

I found some easy map in 5stars that i can 3miss and 30% of other 5 stars i'm at 20-50miss so no pp and 68% i fail. I found some 4stars harder than 5stars because of shit timing between notes.

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

They also cheat in osu! which is completely incomprehensible for me.
I saw a player in easy diff with 2mod SS so i tried to rank a top 50 and after few try i watched his replay and saw he used a spinhack, i reported him and some time after he wasn't banned. I don't remember the player's name because it was 2 years ago.
I Give Up
6 digit beat 5 stars? What has the world come to.
autoteleology

FieryLight wrote:

You just gotta practice it like crazy. Like, wayyy more than you should. Here's a play of my doing Hoshizora last year when I could barely play 3.5 star maps:

I was using a crappy old microsoft mouse (not the WMO 1.1a, I wish I had that...) and it liked to randomly make huge jumps so you can see how I failed at the end. Funny thing is, 14 months later, I still haven't FC'd that song or gotten close to a full combo. And as you can see on my profile, I have 518 plays on it =P
I'm interested in your cursor, where did you get it from? Did you make it?
Sh0keR

tecu wrote:

The same as playing offline. Some people want others to look at them and be like "omfg so much pp so little play count you have talent im sure you will be the next Obama".

Then they create a new post "Is my rating good for my play count" and they have 100 play count and 10k rank lmao
Vuelo Eluko
10k in 100 playcount would be really good, even multi-accounting, their true rank is probably closer to like 3 digits if they can do it that fast. they'd have to be in order to fully saturate their top ranks with ~150 pp plays with no retries, or if they do much higher pp plays with more retries but in less an amount.
gregest
10k rank in 100 pc would be the most legit thing,even more legit than Estellia-
Yuudachi-kun

Riince wrote:

10k in 100 playcount would be really good, even multi-accounting, their true rank is probably closer to like 3 digits if they can do it that fast. they'd have to be in order to fully saturate their top ranks with ~150 pp plays with no retries, or if they do much higher pp plays with more retries but in less an amount.
And then thy're banned for multi accounting.
gregest

Kheldragar wrote:

Riince wrote:

or cheating,idk how Estellia- is not banned yet,oh wait,peppy said they don't let cheaters to top100 nice joke,but I'm getting off-tracked
Woobowiz
There are players that get a rise out of simply clearing the map, so they play with the mindset of "keep my HP above zero" rather than the mindset of "don't miss or slider break", it's much less pressure and load off the player's mind.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

There are players that get a rise out of simply clearing the map, so they play with the mindset of "keep my HP above zero" rather than the mindset of "don't miss or slider break", it's much less pressure and load off the player's mind.
regardless of the difficulty my mindset is not to miss, i guess that's my issue, when i play harder maps i tilt really hard.
byfar

CptBlackBird wrote:

or cheating,idk how Estellia- is not banned yet,oh wait,peppy said they don't let cheaters to top100 nice joke,but I'm getting off-tracked
i think estellia is legit actually
Manysi

I did it mom :)
Vuelo Eluko

Sailexk wrote:

me too

bigfeh

Riince wrote:

Sailexk wrote:

me too

ikr
-sev

bigfeh wrote:

ikr
dude nice
bigfeh

Kaienyuu wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

ikr
dude nice
I can smell the sarcasm from here

and greece is like really far away
Vuelo Eluko
i can only pass hard maps if their bpm is appropriate

200 bpm at 7 stars is just like lolwut get the fuck out of here
FieryLight

Philosofikal wrote:

I'm interested in your cursor, where did you get it from? Did you make it?
Edited someone else's because it looked like higurush's which I really liked. You can check out higurush's youtube (I think it's like yslide121 or something) and he released his skin there. But I never used that one cuz it's not actually perfectly circular. There's a better one that someone made in the Skins forum here but idk where it is (this was like >a year ago =P)

EDIT: found it - t/136689
Barusamikosu
I can't beat 5 star maps
5 star maps beat me
sottovoce
As someone that generally just plays what they feel like rather than going for ranks I have a lot of high Bs and low As on 5*+ maps. I am not good enough to hold any kind of decent combo though. I imagine there are a lot of people around my rank in a similar position, as the game only really rewards near perfection when going for ranks.
In terms of accuracy the real difference there is HIGH OD not star rating. There are a lot of 5*~ maps with OD7 which is not very hard to acc well even if you're not good enough to hold combo. I would be more likely to get a C on a 4* OD9 then a 5* OD7.
B1rd

Riince wrote:

best 7* map ever https://osu.ppy.sh/b/534437
gregest

Riince wrote:

idk,if the ar is comfortable with the bpm,so no ar10 150 bpm then it's good imo
Vuelo Eluko
200 is too low for ar10
E m i
240bpm ar10 is the best circle clicking experience
Yuudachi-kun
420 bpm ar 4.2 cs 4.2 od 4.2
gregest
9.5 is perfect for 200 bpm imo
B1rd
9 is perfect for anything up to 240bpm.
Clyine

byfar wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

i think estellia is legit actually
Yeap. he's 100% legit.

Sigh
gregest
I don't know if that was irony or no
Clyine
He's not a hacker. He's good at some stuff and terrible at others.
Icyteru
i get kicks out of passing batshit crzy maps
anslenderman
It wasn't until I was able to FC a 4 star map that I was able to break the 100k mark because of the diminishing returns on pp. At that point I was able to complete a handful of 5 star maps with C rank accuracy.
iderekmc

Kheldragar wrote:

Passing airman is a big accomplishment and it's obviously a sign that you're amazing as you tell all your rank 200k friends what scrubs they are.
xD
ZenithPhantasm

iderekmc wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Passing airman is a big accomplishment and it's obviously a sign that you're amazing as you tell all your rank 200k friends what scrubs they are.
xD
:^)
bigfeh

iderekmc wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

xD
XDDDDDDDD HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
FUNNY HAHAHAHAH XDDDDD MENES
drum drum
ok we're done