forum

???

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Cornfield
GhostFrog
That system would ruin a lot of multi competition between people of moderately different skill levels - it's pretty common for the better player to use HR or HDHR as a handicap and this would pretty much completely prevent that. Not sure about the rest of the idea, would have to think about it a bit more. At first glance it's not bad for people using the same mods (and pretty much how the scoring system in taiko works, iirc), but if this is meant to be specifically for direct competition, I feel like there's probably something a bit better that can be worked out. Or maybe not. Will think more about this later.
Topic Starter
Cornfield
GhostFrog
It seems pretty backwards that you'd want to create competition by having the better player play easier stuff as a handicap. Definitely prefer the way competition between unequal players works now.
Topic Starter
Cornfield
GhostFrog
I'm was referring strictly to your treatment of mods, not your treatment of combo/accuracy. You suggested that a worse player could beat a better player by using mods, which is just really really weird, since you would expect that if the worse player can use the mod, the better player can use it even more effectively. People handicapping themselves by using mods is very common when you have a multi group that came together mostly through invites and not random joins.
Topic Starter
Cornfield
Bara-
Well
I say no
Why?
The scorings made in multiplayer always go to global scores if a score is high wnough
If you use a completely different scoring mechanic, how will those scores be uploaded?
Then multiple scores should be planned altogether, as both of them need to be displayed at every moment
Its not that I disagree with it, but I find it rather hard to deal with due to those plays for non-different-scoring-scores