forum

Osu! using wii remote

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
neozero_old
Hello all...I recently found OSu! while looking through youtube, and have been playing it a bit. I still have yet to be satisfied by the mouse controls, because I'm really used to stylus control on the DS. So, I've now connected my Wii remote to my computer, and am using that, which works surprisingly well with Osu! using IR. It feels more like the DS gameplay, but takes time to get steady with the remote.... Anyways, has anyone else tried doing this yet? If not, I'll gladly make a video or two of it in action.
peppy
Videos are always welcome :). I tried this a while ago, but at the time only had bluetooth on my laptop. Playing with a wiimote on a 12" screen is a bit hard, considering the minimum distance you need to maintain with the sensor bar.
awp
oh man hook me up with some xp bluetooth drivers I wanna fucking zapper this shit
wiicademan
I tried it with Glovepie once. It didn't work though, because for some reason whenever I put Osu into focus, the wii remote controls just stopped working. Maybe it's cuz I have vista.

I use a tablet pen thingy at the moment, and I dunno whether it would feel more like EBA/Ouendan if I switched to wii remote.
Loginer

wiicademan wrote:

I tried it with Glovepie once. It didn't work though, because for some reason whenever I put Osu into focus, the wii remote controls just stopped working. Maybe it's cuz I have vista.
Nah, works perfectly on both of my computers.
Tablet, you say? If you have Force Tablet on, try turning it off.
wiicademan
/me opens start menu
/me notices a program called "iTunes Art Importer", and doesn't remember installing it, and wonders what the hell it is, but quickly forgets about it
/me fires up glovepie+wii remote+IR mouse glovepie script
IR mouse looks fine at the moment...
/me fires up osu
Hm... The wii remote simply stops acting as a mouse whenever I make Osu the current focused window thingy.
/me unchecks "Force tablet support" box in options
Still doesn't work.
/me tries a bunch of different IR scripts in glovepie
Still doesn't work.
/me runs GlovePIE as an administrator
Hey, it works now.
Oh my god, it's a lot harder with all the IR scripts.
I failed rickroll'd on normal ;_;
/me ends unnescessary string of /me stuffs
Boxed_Slug
I haven't tried it yet (will once I find my damn rechargable batteries for my Wii :) ), although I have been messing with a bunch of Wiimote scripts for awhile...
What IR script are you using btw? >_>
tpelaaja
Hey! peppy how I can connect it to my PC. And Can OSU! Get Released On 3DS?
- Zuramaru -

tpelaaja wrote:

Hey! peppy how I can connect it to my PC. And Can OSU! Get Released On 3DS?
This is the biggest necropost I''ve ever seen...I don't know how to do connect it, but it's probably Bluetooth related. Also, osu!, for now, will probably never be ported to something like the 3DS, but I may be wrong. Also, in the future, if you have a question like this, make a new post instead of bumping a 10 year old thread.
N0thingSpecial
Necro post of the century
Aegyo
Woah 10 years