forum

Is alternating bad?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Salytmacska
After reading 3 pages of pure confusion I feel the need to post(after 6 months of reading xD).Hi BTW!

So, my point of view. Your streaming speed is only as fast as your slowest finger, and if you can singletap 300 with 1 finger and 200 with the other(not by using your wrist...because alternating needs you to move your both fingers you can't lock them like people do when singletapping), your streaming will speed still be 200. So training one finger is not enough for getting better at streaming.

I think this not only says that bigfeh's wrong but also that alternating might even train your speed faster.

Now answering the OP (if anyone's still interested in it):

As an alternater I don't think it can handicap a player. Sure you might have a hard time doing triples at the beginning but I from my experience it makes very relaxing to play faster 1/2 spam beatmaps where others might just tap like crazy (so better stamina) and also makes easier to start a stream or basically any pattern on either finger. I'm sure it is not worse than singletapping so as long as you don't feel that you have to learn singletapping you don't have to switch playstyles.

I already feel better xD. Guess I'll try to be more active so say hi to the newest forum user. :D
nrl

bigfeh wrote:

THIS IS MY FUCKING POINT
I LOVE YOU
Dude, we understand what you're saying, the issue is that it's completely moronic. You don't improve finger-tapping speed by wrist-tapping, period.
pandaBee

Salytmacska wrote:

After reading 3 pages of pure confusion I feel the need to post(after 6 months of reading xD).Hi BTW!
Hi xDDDDDDDD :^) ;3 O: :DDD
bigfeh

Narrill wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

THIS IS MY FUCKING POINT
I LOVE YOU
Dude, we understand what you're saying, the issue is that it's completely moronic. You don't improve finger-tapping speed by wrist-tapping, period.
and when did I mention wrist tapping

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Singletappers use wrist. Alternaters use fingers. Two different muscle groups. Your point is invalid.
OzzyOzrock
alternating is the method of the gods

but if you're a single tapper you still need to know how to alternate to a decent extent
SnowflakeStreet
I used to alternate like a filthy noob. Then I switched to single tapping.

I went from barely being able to pass normal songs to being an extremely high level player. The day I switched I SS'd the hardest song in the game: the big black scarletto roserino[FOUR DIMENSIONS] with HDHRDT.

:^)
OzzyOzrock
if you master alternating and become fast you're basically japanese
bigfeh
WHAT HAPPENED WHY ARE POSTS GETTING DELETED
E m i
nrl

bigfeh wrote:

You didn't mention either, so I assumed the more common of the two. And honestly, for finger-tapping to substantially benefit your stream speed you'd have to do it with both fingers about evenly, which I'll bet few finger-tappers even do. So yeah, maybe there's a small handful of players benefiting speed-wise from single-tapping (and really, is it even single-tapping at that point?), but the vast majority of the playerbase isn't going to see that benefit.

You can absolutely make the argument that single-tapping is superior to alternating, but such an argument would have to be centered on the simplicity of the movement, not some imagined speed boost.
Yuudachi-kun
I use my arm to singletap. Does anyone else do that?
otoed1

Kheldragar wrote:

Sounds like an interesting play style. Don't you get tired?
Yuudachi-kun

otoed1 wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Sounds like an interesting play style. Don't you get tired?
Only if I try to singletap all of Worldwide choppers (I have), or near the end of image material. My arm only comes into play at 220 < bpm < 280 anyways and my stamina is still shit.
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

I used to do that until this happened

This is the story of how I broke my x keycap and how I got bone fragments in my index finger
trebby

Kheldragar wrote:

I use my arm to single tap too.
Raniemi
Alternating is perfectly fine
FrzR
Alternating is better. :>
deletemyaccount
ITT: some people saying something is worse in theory when the reality is actually different.
I Give Up
Alternating is good. Learn to slow stream now so you can alternate 300bpm singles in future. Stay healthy.
MelwesT
I alternate from the beginning but I suck at streaming ><