forum

Mania -> Taiko Converter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hey there.
Me and Kagu-chan created a Mania -> Taiko converter.
The program has been written in C++ and converts 4K mania songs to Taiko difficulties.

Right now it's just a one way program, but we are planning to add the reversed function as well.
Futhermore we plan to turn this program into a webtool, after we finished the Taiko -> Mania function.

You can either use this program to play some of your mania maps in the taiko mode, or you might use it for mapping purposes. You could just convert one of your mania maps and use the taiko version as a basis, to create and then optimize taiko diffs (This tool is not designed to map your Taiko Diff for you!).

Download: Mania -> Taiko Converter

How to use?
  1. Go to directory the program is stored
  2. Hold SHIFT, then RIGHTCLICK in directory to open extended context menu
  3. Enter "Open Commandline here" (or something similar, I can't check since I'm using german windows)
  4. Enter "Mania", hit Tabulator Key (this will insert programs name)
  5. After this and one space enter directory name in "brackets", then diffs filename in "brackets" (without .osu ending)
  6. Hit enter, map should now be stored in maps folder
  7. Enjoy!
"Mania - Taiko Converter.exe" "C:\Program Files\osu!\Songs\292306 Natsume Chiaki - Hanairo Biyori" "Natsume Chiaki - Hanairo Biyori (Kagu-chan) [SC]"

Some diffs may be very, very hard, since its generated from 4K maps which allow very fast streams... Just test it, AUTO-Mod will do the rest :p

Changelogs

• 19.04.2015 - Fixxed a bug, so that old beatmaps can also be converted.
stankill
I love you :*
juankristal
And people keep asking... Is there anything that Baum CANT do? Good job !
Kagu-chan
Baum has nice ideas xD - But Baum and I in Combination is just badass then xD
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Well i didn't do it alone this time, i was able to learn alot from Kagu but still thanks ^^
Kagu-chan

IamBaum and Kagu-chan will expand a bit...

Currently we're working at a single instance tool, which will you allow to start this and upcoming applications from one central space.
Also it will be possible to import own tools and programms - or just start them via this new application.

With release all tools (This includes the "Mania => Taiko Converter", IamBaums "Mania SB Maker", upcoming "Taiko => Mania Converter", an extended AIMod and more) will be automatically updated with this tool.
Later we will allow registration for other tool writers to promotoe their tool via us - This will allow auto updates and direct download via Tool Manager too (win win :3).
So you will be able to:
  1. Start or Download our tools from one place
  2. Register new Tools in application to start from same place
  3. As e.g., just register osu! byself as tool to start from here
  4. All tools startable via Tooltip in Windows Toolbar
  5. Register tools in web to provide all features like auto promote (in tools "Download" section) and auto updates
  6. Share your work the easy way!
We may also add comment function, user rating and many more to let new users know which tools are essential and which not for which case.

We hope you like it when its released :)
troke
woah looks good !
nice program
btw it's only 4K mania maps??
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Yep, it's only for 4k maps atm.
OnosakiHito

IamBaum wrote:

(This tool is not designed to map your Taiko Diff for you!).
Ono is watching you. Haha
Will check this once I have time.
YunoFanatic
Mania -> taiko. can we have vice versa please always wanted to play some taiko diffs to mania
Topic Starter
IamBaum

YunoFanatic wrote:

Mania -> taiko. can we have vice versa please always wanted to play some taiko diffs to mania
Well we already plan to make the Taiko -> Mania converter as well, but i can't tell u yet how long we'll need to complete and release it :)
Kagu-chan
Vice Versa is a bit harder than this way. In mania we have columns and other factors to decide how we set Taiko objects. We can transform 15 possible patterns to 4 possible. The other way we have four types of hits for 16 possibilities, which will require a bit more logic and additional code to place notes well... ^^

So i can say now that this will take some time ;)
Ayachi-
4649ceynou
I think the link don't work, can I get help please ?
Kagu-chan
Ill repost a new link later then. Ive changed my server structure for some projects and forgotten to update here.