community forum

Disfigure - Hollah!

posted
Total Posts
26
show more
Topic Starter
xChorse

Nitrousdragon wrote:

random mod ^_^

The rule here is that if I SS or SSH the level, it is certain that the diff is ready for rank imo.
If I FC the level, I'll give a few suggestions, and that will be all that I will do for the difficulty.

[Hard]
SS'd this level, download the replay here

[Insane]
Rank B

Overall, the major issue I see here is that the streams are too far spaced, especially in the calm parts of the song. I don't usually listen to AiMod, even if there is a crud load of warnings. Mostly, you just want to stick with mapping to the music, not just placing objects where they don't make sense.

00:24:202 (7) - This doesn't seem to fit with the music very well by putting it here. I would move it off of 00:23:773 (4). Done
00:25:916 - Come on, you could definitely fit a note here! Better buildup for kiai without it.
00:29:988 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - I don't really like this pattern, there's not a whole lot of variety in here. The whole pattern was made to have decent flow, but I don't like it much either, will remap if more people have issues.
00:44:130 (5,6) and 00:45:845 (4,5) - couldn't you replace these with 1 beat sliders? Better flow with hitcircles
02:26:988 (4) - I feel like a jump fits here.Done

I can't mod Extra, because I would recommend a ENHI map, not a ENHIX map. The song is too slow and doesn't offer a whole lot to make a decent Extra. The extra is just another insane, so the format is NNHII :P
Anyways, I hope this helps :)
Thanks!
Battle
From Modding Queue:

[General]
I suggest to make the second inherited point quieter, it overpowers the music. There also should be some changes to the volume in general, some places the hitsounds are just simply too loud and overpowers the music a little
I took a quick look at the difficulties overall and you should start all with spinners at the start (to be with insane) or remove the spinner on insane to maintain consistency

[Hard]
Looks pretty fine, fairly consistent DS

[Insane]
Probably needs some slight NCs to avoid having 13 combo whatever as a circle
01:14:130 (1) - Maybe make this slightly farther since there's kinda of a jump in the music
02:10:488 (8,9,10) - Slightly reduce spacing
Some of the parts I noticed are very like symmetrical

[Extra]
00:31:273 (1) - This looks kinda ugly
00:43:273 (2) - NC
01:08:988 (1) - This kinda looks ugly
02:06:845 (5) - ^
02:14:988 (3) - NC
02:19:702 (2) - Move 2 to be on 3?
02:26:130 (1) - Looks kinda ugly
Topic Starter
xChorse

[-Deemo-] wrote:

From Modding Queue:

[General]
I suggest to make the second inherited point quieter, it overpowers the music. There also should be some changes to the volume in general, some places the hitsounds are just simply too loud and overpowers the music a little
I took a quick look at the difficulties overall and you should start all with spinners at the start (to be with insane) or remove the spinner on insane to maintain consistency Removed

[Hard]
Looks pretty fine, fairly consistent DS

[Insane]
Probably needs some slight NCs to avoid having 13 combo whatever as a circle NC got removed when I applied last mod, oops :D
01:14:130 (1) - Maybe make this slightly farther since there's kinda of a jump in the music Done
02:10:488 (8,9,10) - Slightly reduce spacing Done
Some of the parts I noticed are very like symmetrical I don't know if that's bad or good haha

[Extra]
00:31:273 (1) - This looks kinda ugly I've grown to like them so I won't change any of them unless more people point it out :P
00:43:273 (2) - NC Done
01:08:988 (1) - This kinda looks ugly
02:06:845 (5) - ^
02:14:988 (3) - NC Done
02:19:702 (2) - Move 2 to be on 3? Done
02:26:130 (1) - Looks kinda ugly
Thank you!
Lethargy
Had a little chat!

10:29 Geronimaa: Hey
10:30 xChorse: hi
10:30 Geronimaa: want a mod?
10:31 xChorse: If it's on hollah, then yes :p
10:31 Geronimaa: yea
10:31 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/698492 Disfigure - Hollah! [Extra!]]
10:32 Geronimaa: maybe increase od a bit on extra?
10:32 xChorse: I'll see
10:32 Geronimaa: get combo colours
10:32 Geronimaa: definitely
10:32 Geronimaa: and also disable widescreen support
10:32 Geronimaa: since you dont have storyboard
10:33 Geronimaa: btw
10:33 Geronimaa: you can rename your normal to advanced or smth like that
10:33 Geronimaa: since having two normals is weird
10:33 xChorse: oke
10:34 xChorse: What combo colours would fit? :s
10:34 Geronimaa: dark
10:34 Geronimaa: oh and this slider is derpy 01:08:130 (2) -
10:35 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/693769 Disfigure - Hollah! [Normal!]]
10:35 xChorse: wouldn't the notes be hard to see with dark bg?
10:35 Geronimaa: then choose soemthing yourself
10:35 Geronimaa: i dont know
10:35 Geronimaa: get g ray
10:35 Geronimaa: then cold colours i guess
10:35 Geronimaa: 01:18:845 (2,1) - blanket
10:36 Geronimaa: 01:53:988 (2,3,4) - flow is here getting worse
10:36 Geronimaa: this slider could bne improved 02:10:273 (2) -
10:37 Geronimaa: stack properly 02:11:130 (1,1) -
10:37 Geronimaa: blanket 02:12:844 (1,2) -
10:37 Geronimaa: 02:14:559 (3,4) - blanket
10:37 Geronimaa: triangle 02:14:988 (4,5,1) -
10:38 Geronimaa: oh and widescreen support hsould be disabled in every diff
10:38 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/685732 Disfigure - Hollah! [Hard!]]
10:38 xChorse: yeah I know
10:38 Geronimaa: maybe increase ar in hard?
10:38 Geronimaa: like 7.5?
10:40 xChorse: I'll try 7,5 but idk how it'll be with DT
10:40 Geronimaa: probably around ar 9.3
10:40 Geronimaa: which is pretty ok
10:41 Geronimaa: spacing on these triples is pretty huge 00:18:630 (5,6,7) -
10:41 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/682231 Disfigure - Hollah! [Insane!]]
10:41 Geronimaa: i recommend you to stack them
10:41 Geronimaa: you can have this spacing in extra
10:41 Geronimaa: but not insane
10:42 Geronimaa: yea
10:42 Geronimaa: stack them all
10:43 Geronimaa: increase spacing here 01:56:773 (1,2) -
10:46 Geronimaa: yea
10:46 Geronimaa: thats it
10:46 Geronimaa: cant find many technical problems
10:49 xChorse: Thanks for everything c:

dank beatmap
Topic Starter
xChorse

Geronimaa wrote:

Had a little chat!

10:29 Geronimaa: Hey
10:30 xChorse: hi
10:30 Geronimaa: want a mod?
10:31 xChorse: If it's on hollah, then yes :p
10:31 Geronimaa: yea
10:31 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/698492 Disfigure - Hollah! [Extra!]]
10:32 Geronimaa: maybe increase od a bit on extra?
10:32 xChorse: I'll see
10:32 Geronimaa: get combo colours
10:32 Geronimaa: definitely
10:32 Geronimaa: and also disable widescreen support
10:32 Geronimaa: since you dont have storyboard
10:33 Geronimaa: btw
10:33 Geronimaa: you can rename your normal to advanced or smth like that
10:33 Geronimaa: since having two normals is weird
10:33 xChorse: oke
10:34 xChorse: What combo colours would fit? :s
10:34 Geronimaa: dark
10:34 Geronimaa: oh and this slider is derpy 01:08:130 (2) -
10:35 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/693769 Disfigure - Hollah! [Normal!]]
10:35 xChorse: wouldn't the notes be hard to see with dark bg?
10:35 Geronimaa: then choose soemthing yourself
10:35 Geronimaa: i dont know
10:35 Geronimaa: get g ray
10:35 Geronimaa: then cold colours i guess
10:35 Geronimaa: 01:18:845 (2,1) - blanket
10:36 Geronimaa: 01:53:988 (2,3,4) - flow is here getting worse
10:36 Geronimaa: this slider could bne improved 02:10:273 (2) -
10:37 Geronimaa: stack properly 02:11:130 (1,1) -
10:37 Geronimaa: blanket 02:12:844 (1,2) -
10:37 Geronimaa: 02:14:559 (3,4) - blanket
10:37 Geronimaa: triangle 02:14:988 (4,5,1) -
10:38 Geronimaa: oh and widescreen support hsould be disabled in every diff
10:38 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/685732 Disfigure - Hollah! [Hard!]]
10:38 xChorse: yeah I know
10:38 Geronimaa: maybe increase ar in hard?
10:38 Geronimaa: like 7.5?
10:40 xChorse: I'll try 7,5 but idk how it'll be with DT
10:40 Geronimaa: probably around ar 9.3
10:40 Geronimaa: which is pretty ok
10:41 Geronimaa: spacing on these triples is pretty huge 00:18:630 (5,6,7) -
10:41 *Geronimaa is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/682231 Disfigure - Hollah! [Insane!]]
10:41 Geronimaa: i recommend you to stack them
10:41 Geronimaa: you can have this spacing in extra
10:41 Geronimaa: but not insane
10:42 Geronimaa: yea
10:42 Geronimaa: stack them all
10:43 Geronimaa: increase spacing here 01:56:773 (1,2) -
10:46 Geronimaa: yea
10:46 Geronimaa: thats it
10:46 Geronimaa: cant find many technical problems
10:49 xChorse: Thanks for everything c:

dank beatmap kek
Changed everything, thank you!
Lumael
Hello :), you are the next from my modding queue!

  • General

  1. General as ever!
  • Advanced!


    00:46:702 (1,2) - Perfect blanket
    01:11:559 (2,1) - ^
    01:12:416 (1,2) - A bit ugly imo :s What about: http://puu.sh/iBi0q/cd14758996.jpg
    01:17:559 (1,2) - Blanket them?
    01:18:845 (2,1) - Fix blanket
    01:38:130 (1) - I don't think spinner really fits here, what if you mapped this part with 1/1 sliders?
    01:55:273 (4,1) - Make blanket?
    01:59:130 (1) - Flip? Flow is bad
    02:11:130 (1) - Make like this http://puu.sh/iBice/1555b67f0e.jpg ? (Copy 5 and flip it -60º)
    02:12:845 (1,2) - Perfect blanket
    02:14:559 (3,4) - ^
    02:16:273 (1,3) - ^
  • Insane!


    00:25:916 - Add circle? This change on the rhythm is too suddenly. Also remove break time because Advanced! Don't have and I guess on Insane even less '-'
    00:37:488 (5,6) - DS inconsistency, deosn't look or feel good
    01:16:488 (3,4,5) - ^ looks weird
    02:06:416 (4,5) - Perfect blanket
    02:26:130 (1) - Hmm it's good, but I would like more: http://puu.sh/iBiCN/6342b5efdf.jpg . This is a very person suggestion but I think it looks better
    02:31:702 (1) - Shouldn't spinner start here 02:31:488 - ? Maybe not but I feel like it's weird this distance from the last note to the spinner as this is a insane
  • Extra!

  1. Ouch this is a very easy Extra!
  2. There's a lot to polish here, some patterns are really weird, like: 00:57:416 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - 00:33:202 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:35:345 (3,4,5) - 00:37:059 (3,4,5,6,7) - 00:38:773 (3,4,5,6) - 00:40:488 (3,4,5) - 00:49:702 (6) - 00:58:702 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 01:02:130 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 01:48:416 (2,3) - 02:00:416 (1,2,3,4,5) - 02:20:988 (1) -
  3. There are a lot of DS problems, I know you are supposed to "ignore" DS on Insane, but you can't really forget it and place notes anywhere you want
    00:26:559 - Same break time thing from Insane
Topic Starter
xChorse

LucaSA4 wrote:

Hello :), you are the next from my modding queue!

  • General

  1. General as ever!
  • Advanced!


    00:46:702 (1,2) - Perfect blanket Done!
    01:11:559 (2,1) - ^ Done!
    01:12:416 (1,2) - A bit ugly imo :s What about: http://puu.sh/iBi0q/cd14758996.jpg Changed!
    01:17:559 (1,2) - Blanket them? Done!
    01:18:845 (2,1) - Fix blanket Done!
    01:38:130 (1) - I don't think spinner really fits here, what if you mapped this part with 1/1 sliders? Changed!
    01:55:273 (4,1) - Make blanket? Done!
    01:59:130 (1) - Flip? Flow is bad Changed!
    02:11:130 (1) - Make like this http://puu.sh/iBice/1555b67f0e.jpg ? (Copy 5 and flip it -60º) Changed!
    02:12:845 (1,2) - Perfect blanket Done!
    02:14:559 (3,4) - ^ Done!
    02:16:273 (1,3) - ^ Done!
  • Insane!


    00:25:916 - Add circle? This change on the rhythm is too suddenly. Also remove break time because Advanced! Don't have and I guess on Insane even less '-' Better buildup without the hitcircle imo, but changed!
    00:37:488 (5,6) - DS inconsistency, deosn't look or feel good Changed!
    01:16:488 (3,4,5) - ^ looks weird Changed!
    02:06:416 (4,5) - Perfect blanket Done!
    02:26:130 (1) - Hmm it's good, but I would like more: http://puu.sh/iBiCN/6342b5efdf.jpg . This is a very person suggestion but I think it looks better Changed!
    02:31:702 (1) - Shouldn't spinner start here 02:31:488 - ? Maybe not but I feel like it's weird this distance from the last note to the spinner as this is a insane Changed!
  • Extra!

  1. Ouch this is a very easy Extra!
  2. There's a lot to polish here, some patterns are really weird, like: 00:57:416 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - 00:33:202 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:35:345 (3,4,5) - 00:37:059 (3,4,5,6,7) - 00:38:773 (3,4,5,6) - 00:40:488 (3,4,5) - 00:49:702 (6) - 00:58:702 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 01:02:130 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 01:48:416 (2,3) - 02:00:416 (1,2,3,4,5) - 02:20:988 (1) - I liked some of my patterns so I just made them a bit smoother, changed the rest.
  3. There are a lot of DS problems, I know you are supposed to "ignore" DS on Insane, but you can't really forget it and place notes anywhere you want Most of them I made bigger progressively (added 0,1 to DS each note)
    00:26:559 - Same break time thing from Insane Changed!
BeatBreakerS
Might wanna add NCS or NoCopyRightSounds as tags
And you might wanna untick Widescreen support from " Advanced!" diff ; so it that it becomes similar with the other ones
Topic Starter
xChorse

BeatBreakerS wrote:

Might wanna add NCS or NoCopyRightSounds as tags
And you might wanna untick Widescreen support from " Advanced!" diff ; so it that it becomes similar with the other ones
Not sure if I need to add NCS to the tags, since it's not the only brand that publishes this track, also, removed Widescreen support from Advanced!. Thanks :)






also brb
Topic Starter
xChorse
ok im back
LifeJumb
RANK this plz!!!
Topic Starter
xChorse

LifeJumb wrote:

RANK this plz!!!
I'm on it
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply