forum

Am I the only one who can't do slow streams?

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
I think 'right I'm gonna fix it right now', and I try for a day or two until I get too frustrated to continue.
GoldenWolf
A for effort.
Yuudachi-kun

GoldenWolf wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Someday I will go back and fix this. Maybe someday when I have 4000pp.
I think I can safely state that if you keep telling yourself you will "someday" fix it, you won't, up until you actually think "I'm gonna fix it right now".
:thejoke: Less than 180 bpm is boring.
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

:thejoke: Less than 180 bpm is boring.
Maybe if you had ADD
-Makishima S-
Reading this, i feel safe that i choosen slow progress route but learning everything, like - easy -> normal -> easy + hr -> normal + hr -> easy + dt and go on. I am aware that i will stay on low level maps for loooooong time and after 2 months i will say "hey, i can play hard + hr" while others "yo, i can pass insane maps noob".

Just heared on this forum pretty deep words - It's diffrence betwin play and pass.
I cannot stream for shit, literaly, at any damn bpm i fail all maps with streams but slowly it's getting better. Imma play more and i will stream like a bawz ^^.

But AR also has an important roll. If it's anything below 8 then I'm out of there.
Honestly, this always makes me curious, how this things works. Why experienced players or even once with high playcount are unable to play slow maps and avoid them?
pandaBee

aisakatayga wrote:

Reading this, i feel safe that i choosen slow progress route but learning everything, like - easy -> normal -> easy + hr -> normal + hr -> easy + dt and go on. I am aware that i will stay on low level maps for loooooong time and after 2 months i will say "hey, i can play hard + hr" while others "yo, i can pass insane maps noob".

Just heared on this forum pretty deep words - It's diffrence betwin play and pass.
I cannot stream for shit, literaly, at any damn bpm i fail all maps with streams but slowly it's getting better. Imma play more and i will stream like a bawz ^^.

Honestly, this always makes me curious, how this things works. Why experienced players or even once with high playcount are unable to play slow maps and avoid them?
Most people recommend progressing as far as you can nomod before you start playing mod.
For HR most people recommend you don't get into it before you actually develop some good accuracy.

Also, most experienced players CAN play low ar-maps, most just choose not to because it's boring. Now low ar + high circle density is another story altogether, there are quite a few crazy EZ players out there. As for low bpm, the tendency is to play faster and faster stuff, but there are a few players out there that can play slow stuff.
Endaris

aisakatayga wrote:

But AR also has an important roll. If it's anything below 8 then I'm out of there.
yo, i can pass insane maps noob 8-)

Experienced players can usually play slow maps with very high acc but they tend to suffer under the "click a full beat too early"-syndrome due to the way harder maps are mapped. Along with that it is far from easy(no puns intended) to play high circle density maps with low AR therefore high AR actually makes fast maps easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJROFuVE_U
Looks cool, doesn't it? If you wanna keep going slow, start playing every bracket with the easymod for a while and you'll be able to do that at some point.

I'm good at 30bpm streams btw. At least no misses/50 :D
Bauxe

xVortexXz wrote:

I'm usually comfortable around 170-180 up to 240. But AR also has an important roll. If it's anything below 8 then I'm out of there.
I really doubt you can stream 240BPM. Like, really doubt it.
pandaBee

Bauxe wrote:

xVortexXz wrote:

I'm usually comfortable around 170-180 up to 240. But AR also has an important roll. If it's anything below 8 then I'm out of there.
Gotta go fast
winber1

Bauxe wrote:

xVortexXz wrote:

wtf why would he lie man

people never overexaggerate
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

xVortexXz wrote:

Define stream first. Do you want to hit every note and not break? Do you want to have a full 300? (At least once in a while). Do you want to have a full 300 90% of the time? How long does the stream have to be? What about the type of stream? What if the streams are all close together? What if it's like Genryuu Kaiko?
Barusamikosu
Streaming a BPM means that, with proper warm-up and anticipation, you can play the average deathstream with at least 99% accuracy and decent stamina.

"Special" streams like spaced streams and whatnot are kind of a different thing entirely and require practice even if you can stream that BPM.

EDIT: When I say "average" deathstream I mean something with close spacing that isn't too tricky to play. Think of something like Mendes.
eeezzzeee

Barusamikosu wrote:

Streaming a BPM means that, with proper warm-up and anticipation, you can play the average deathstream with at least 99% accuracy and decent stamina.

"Special" streams like spaced streams and whatnot are kind of a different thing entirely and require practice even if you can stream that BPM.

EDIT: When I say "average" deathstream I mean something with close spacing that isn't too tricky to play. Think of something like Mendes.
Damn it I guess I don't know how to stream :)
ZenithPhantasm

pandaBee wrote:

Gotta go fast
Fingers go VROOM 8-)
trebby
You know what's even harder than slow streams?
Slow spaced streams.
;___;
Quite Cynical
Why stream when you can just singletap everything /s
dung eater

Quite Cynical wrote:

why singletap when you can just alternate everything?

gotta go slow
Topic Starter
Cyron

CuboidBeats wrote:

You know what's even harder than slow streams?
Slow spaced streams.
;___;
That is so true!
Barusamikosu

jaaakb wrote:

Quite Cynical wrote:

why singletap when you can just alternate everything?

gotta go slow
8-)
GoldenWolf

eeezzzeee wrote:

Damn it I guess I don't know how to stream :)
A lot of people don't, actually.

I think using Mendes-long streams as a measure is fairly reasonable. If you can do those kind of streams, you can play like 99% of the maps at that BPM, which is probably more than enough if you don't aim to be a top player.
PeanutBader
I cannot do any type of stream be it slow or fast I think the only way around it is to just practice.
winber1
why stream if you can just play offline in private
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
Feel the pace no need to think about how fast is the upcomig stream just use ur fingers and click with beats so u can even stream 50bpm = alternating
Yuudachi-kun
I think any "stream" under 120 bpm should be singletappable by all.
Endaris
can you decide, kelly?
i'm playing full alternate and i can't stream above 140 when it's longer than ~8 notes
but i guess i could singletap the streams and alternate everything else
GoldenWolf

Endaris wrote:

i'm playing full alternate and i can't stream above 140 when it's longer than ~8 notes
woah that sounds like me when I started this game, except I was singletapping
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

can you decide, kelly?
That's really really slow to me. I can hardly go under 180 without having speed issues and at 200 I can do 30-50 sometimes.
Saphirshroom

Endaris wrote:

What.
No, stop. That's not how you ply the game.
Yuudachi-kun

Saphirshroom wrote:

Endaris wrote:

What.
It's just preference.
GoldenWolf

Saphirshroom wrote:

...whoosh?
Saphirshroom

Kheldragar wrote:

It's just preference.
Then I misunderstood him, I thought he was going to singletap the 140 and above streams he was talking about...

GoldenWolf wrote:

...whoosh?
Whoosh indeed :x
Barusamikosu
Don't singletap streams if you ever want to have good finger control.

Even if it's 120bpm, or 100bpm

Alternate it
EDIT: I did notice the sarcasm, but somebody might read it and take it seriously :o
GoldenWolf

Barusamikosu wrote:

I did notice the sarcasm, but somebody might read it and take it seriously
You mean like the guy right above you? huehue
Saphirshroom
;_;
Azucchi
i actually "think" on slower streams. 190+ bpm streams are like pieces of cake.
I Give Up
I can no longer stream below 180bpm without warming up for several hours first.
Synchrostar
slow streams r ez
pain in the ass with hr :^)