forum

Liz Triangle - Kagura

posted
Total Posts
show more
OnosakiHito
Is the Taiko guest diff. allready updated?
Can't change the last mod if not.^^"
The update button is still there.
OnosakiHito
Done~ Thank you garven.
Find also one more issue.

Download: Liz Triangle - Kagura (Teta) [Ono's Taiko Oni].osu
Topic Starter
Hamuko

Garven wrote:

[Gladi's Normal]
01:13:186 (5,1) - Considering how you mapped up to here, this overlap was surprising to see Fixed
I also removed Dragvon from tags since i deleted his diff a long time ago :U
Garven
Taiko:

02:11:129 (1,1,2,1,2,1) - Are... you sure this is what you intended for this part?

Edit:

:U
OnosakiHito

Garven wrote:

Taiko:

02:11:129 (1,1,2,1,2,1) - Are... you sure this is what you intended for this part?
changed, thx again Garven~

ziin
well that was fun.
CheeseWarlock
[Ono's Taiko Oni]
00:32:729 (2,3,1,2,1,1) - Awkward. Don't use the first and second 1/3 snaps together like this.
00:36:500 (2,1,1,1,2,1,1) - Sequences like this should not be in 1/2 snap; use 1/3 instead.
01:37:700 (2) - Don't use 1/2 snap here either.
02:25:015 (1) - Move 1/6 back.

In fact, I don't think any part of this song should use 1/2 snap (red ticks) except maybe as an occasional tricky section. They don't fit with any part of the actual music.

The other difficulties are fine.
OnosakiHito

CheeseWarlock wrote:

[Ono's Taiko Oni]
00:32:729 (2,3,1,2,1,1) - Awkward. Don't use the first and second 1/3 snaps together like this. - Didn't have need to change it, but done it.
00:36:500 (2,1,1,1,2,1,1) - Sequences like this should not be in 1/2 snap; use 1/3 instead. - I used 1/6 and followed the voice, denided
01:37:700 (2) - Don't use 1/2 snap here either. - changed it on my way
02:25:015 (1) - Move 1/6 back. - denided Take 25% speed, and you will see I follow the voice, not the music.
I followed just the voice or the music when the voice is off and when you use 25% speed or 50%, you will see it fits perfectly.
Well but thank you for mod.~

CheeseWarlock
Listening at 25%, a few of the vocal notes sound like they could be on 1/2, but most of them still sound like 1/3.

And still, players are playing the map at 100% speed, not 25%. Using red ticks in those sections is very confusing because the song as a whole sounds like it's in 1/3 snap. "Mapping to the vocals" doesn't mean you can map in a way that feels OPPOSITE to the rest of the music.
Topic Starter
Hamuko
"And still, players are playing the map at 100% speed, not 25%."
i said that too.
OnosakiHito
*deleted Taiko guest map*
I'm not the same oppinion.
Sander-Don
this is coming from an actual taiko player, the notes that were placed were fine, readable, and you shouldn't have nuked your diff, ono, its perfect orz some notes went to vocals, some to the beat, just like a good map always does

EDIT: also star~
-maJu
star =P
James2250
Hey I'm back here again

Taiko issues, taiko difficulty got deleted, don't need to worry about that
Other difficulties look fine (slightly more finishes than I like but they are ok for the song) Easy has less breaks than the others but its a pretty simple difficulty so~

Rebubbled~
CheeseWarlock
This song is pretty cool for a Touhou remix, you know.
Topic Starter
Hamuko
Thanks CheeseWarlock :D
Lybydose
ugh there are quite a few notes snapped wrong in Eiri's UFO difficulty. These should have been snapped at 1/6, and it's very noticeable even while playing at 100%.

00:58:329 (2,3) -
00:59:986 (6) -
01:00:843 (1) -
01:04:100 (4) -

and then those four spots in the copy paste repeat.

Red ticks are still 1/6 snap, and it's hardly unintuitive for this specific section to utilize them. It's far more unintuitive that I have to intentionally click WRONG in order to hit things right.

EDIT: Also, the offset is late
CheeseWarlock
I noted those, but they felt fine to me. Upon closer inspection it seems pretty gray-area; sometimes the vocalist sounds like she's using an odd beat and at other times it doesn't. When play-testing, it tripped me up the first time but it felt natural from the second try onward.

But they're not using red ticks...?

And you might be right about the offset; I'm still fiddling with the UO on this computer. :?
Lybydose

CheeseWarlock wrote:

But they're not using red ticks...?
What I meant was, using red ticks in that section makes more sense than the current timing of the notes.
Niji_old_1
Congrats >.<
Topic Starter
Hamuko
what