forum

[Archived] Menu search renders a pink rectangle if text was not found.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DarkStoorM
As in the title (not enough characters to add "on scrolling").
Go to the options, hold a key, scroll down, enjoy.

Can someone confirm if it's not only on my end?
The thing happens only if you have your menu scrolled down a bit.

For example, type onl (to have a longer list to scroll) - as you want to find the online options - scroll down somewhere, type something different than "i" or "y" to trigger the color changing (as nothing was found)

[heavy GIF below]

external link just in case. may be low fps on IE
[/ ---]

It happens for me on every updated version of osu (Stable, Beta, c-e and c-e OpenGL), also with windowed, different renderer.
Wingman626
it could possibly be a texture issue.

have you tried changing your skin? (though i don't think skin changes affect how the options menu looks like, you could try it anyways)
Topic Starter
DarkStoorM
I tested it on different skins, different resolutions, windowed mode, different renderer, even frame rate, and the same thing happens.

Just for clarification, if nothing was found by the menu search, everything is fine. It happens while your menu is scrolled down already or if you hold a key and scroll at the same time.
Loctav
You deleted the version you use from the OP.
Stable? Cutting Edge? Which version?
Topic Starter
DarkStoorM
Oh sorry, I'm on stable.

Updated the post with osu! versions - happens on every version.
smoogipoo
Replicated on cutting edge.
Ayesha Altugle
Can confirm using the beta build version 20150410.2beta (Low Priority though because it randomly happens and it is an issue that is not really that important.

BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix header rectangle shaking when text is not found. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150416ce45.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.