forum

CM Storm Cherry MX Red or Blue? ;____;

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jpnmusic2
Hey. So, I want to buy a new keyboard to replace my current Logitech G510s, and I'm not sure if I should get dem Cherry MX Blue or Cherry MX switch. I don't play Osu! too much right now, but eventually I want to start playing seriously. Otherwise, I'm mostly on Chromey (FB, youtube, anime) or playing games like Arma3, War Thunder, CSGO, Tera, etc. Both are @ 105$ right now on NCIX, so yeah. h 4 l p :^)!

I know a lot of people say red is da lyfe, but I still want to ask. I know Blue work in a really different way than red, so.
Yuudachi-kun
Blues feel better in every respect.
Topic Starter
jpnmusic2

Kheldragar wrote:

Isn't it going to be a problem for fast stream? Lots of people said that for streams, it will not work properly since it needs to go up higher than reds or something like that.
In_Disarray
cherry mx brown 4 lyfe, I like feeling the bump where the key registers and streaming feels nice too

(I guess I'd be voting for blue out of the two as it has that tactile feedback, but blue is too noisy for me)

Lol pururin
Yuudachi-kun

jpnmusic2 wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Isn't it going to be a problem for fast stream? Lots of people said that for streams, it will not work properly since it needs to go up higher than reds or something like that.
I was able to fc rog unlimitation with my blues. Now I can burst 260-270 with my reds but I haven't tried with my blue keyboard so I don't know. 220bpm is fast enough, right?
Topic Starter
jpnmusic2

Kheldragar wrote:

I was able to fc rog unlimitation with my blues. Now I can burst 260-270 with my reds but I haven't tried with my blue keyboard so I don't know. 220bpm is fast enough, right?
I guess, yeah. I want to hear my keyboard well, so I guess blue is the way to go. Also, just looked up rog unlimitation, and yeah it's enough lol.
Topic Starter
jpnmusic2

In_Disarray wrote:

cherry mx brown 4 lyfe, I like feeling the bump where the key registers and streaming feels nice too

(I guess I'd be voting for blue out of the two as it has that tactile feedback, but blue is too noisy for me)

Lol pururin
How are the brown? There's also the CM Storm with Brown switch for 116$, so I'd have enough.
Kouya-
Blue, because it's one of my favorite colors .
FrzR
Reds because that's the only switch that is available at the store where I bought my first mech.

Bought replacement blue switches, waiting for shipping to arrive.

Both are good. If you don't like the click then go reds.
trebby
I've tried both, and to me, reds feel better. Blues are too loud IMO and I like the linear feel to the reds.
-SayaKai
uhmm.. idk. but I perfer both
deletemyaccount
Reds and blacks = linear switch, meaning that there is no bump or click when the switch is actuated. (reds are super light and blacks are heavier)
Blues = tacticle click and *slightly* higher actuation force
Browns = tacticle bump and supposedly the same actuation force as reds but is actually slightly heavier due to the tacile bump.

If you're upgrading from a membrane keyboard, it will be an improvement what ever switch you choose. It's generally agreed on however that reds are the optimal switch for osu!standard (don't quote me on this).
Gumpy
Everyone will hate you in a skype call if you use blues.
In_Disarray

jpnmusic2 wrote:

In_Disarray wrote:

Lol pururin
How are the brown? There's also the CM Storm with Brown switch for 116$, so I'd have enough.
I think all anyone can say is that it has slightly less force to actuate compared to blue (yay?) and doesn't have the click but still has the bump (all I need when listening to game sound imo) while red is just smooth without any sound whatsoever, ignoring the mechanism bouncing back and slamming the key down. I guess it's a bit of a middle ground between red and blue.

In terms of streaming with MX brown I can hold 200bpm-ish for just over a minute (not perfectly, cuz I still suck at osu but yeah)
Topic Starter
jpnmusic2
In the end, I went for CM Storm Quickfire TK Red. I'll just buy a blue/brown later on and yeah. I'm often on skype, so I don't want everyone to hear me, and my mom too. ; - ;
Andrea
Thread moved to a more appropriate section.

Anyway personally I'd suggest you red switches, after trying also blue I've felt that red are less tiring to click and you can also stream faster with them.
Conor
Yuudachi-kun

Conor wrote:

Same opinion as Andrea, go for reds. Less noisy and they're linear compared to clicky blues, you'd annoy your whole family. There isn't much force needed between each key either, reds need 5 less actuation force (cN).
Some people like the click.
Novalogic
Got browns today. Already love them <3
Multtari
Dunno. Passed Image Material and Freedom Dive [Another] within days switching from Cherry MX Blues to Kailh Reds

Aside from spamming they don't seem any better than blues, but then again haven't used reds for even full week yet.
Etheilian
Red is the most responsive and lightest of all the Cherry MX switches. If you want something to enhance your performance then you really should go reds.
IMO, There are 3 types of Cherry MX switches, Light, Medium and heavy. Red belongs to Light while the blue belongs to medium along with brown.
But again, Cherry MX Red would be most appropriate for gaming.
KanoSet
i would say reds.. blues are so noisy *-*
DahplA
Reds = Low response time, less clicky, good for games
Blues = Clickly, tactile, good feel in terms of 'mechanical' switches

For games, probably reds, but I use blues. They feel too nice.
ZenithPhantasm
Get blues and solder red switches on the numpad or something.
B1rd
Well rrtyui and Cookiezi both used blues before switching to reds. You can draw your own conclusions.

Kheldragar wrote:

Rog Unlimitation does not mean you can stream 220bpm. Freedom Dive means you can stream 220bpm.
Redon
drum drum

so which way is std and which way is ctb
Redon
E m i
>indirectly implying that hitsounds are irrelevant in standard
show more