forum

«Ignore all beatmap skins» keeps map's colours in the editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Kyubey
I'm pretty active player, but I'm a mapper too. When I play, I prefer to disable all skins and map's combo colours, because I use skin and colours that more noticeable and comfortable for me. But sometimes I want to map something, I open editor, but due to «Ignore all beatmap skins» enabled I can't see map's colours in the editor, and it makes mapping look not in that way I want, because colours are part of the map and sometimes I have to somehow change current colour for some combo. I want to ask for adding some option to make map's/skin's colours in the editor switchable, or just delete forcing skin's colours in the editor while «Ignore all beatmap skins» is enabled.
drum drum
t/181068 is this it?
Topic Starter
Kyubey

drum drum wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/181068 is this it?
Not really, they mentioned gameplay while I talk about editor. But switchers for both gameplay and editor would be nice.
Bara-
Yes please
I think colors are part of a map, thus this'll be really useful for mappers
ziin
Colors are part of the skin, so they should absolutely be ignored when playing.

You can use the default skin in map editor. You shouldn't be using your custom skin in the editor anyway. If your map isn't playable with the default skin you shouldn't make it.
Topic Starter
Kyubey

ziin wrote:

Colors are part of the skin, so they should absolutely be ignored when playing.

You can use the default skin in map editor. You shouldn't be using your custom skin in the editor anyway. If your map isn't playable with the default skin you shouldn't make it.
Forcing default skin in the editor doesn't apply map's colours while «Ignore all beatmap skins» is enabled.
ziin
Ah. This is a bug then, is it not?
Topic Starter
Kyubey
I'm not sure, probably devs could answer.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
I guess I can bump this request, since a couple of months passed already from last post and I'm pretty sure this is not that hard to add.
Reyvateil
Seems like this issue is similar to this issue I posted about almost two yeas ago. And the it wasn't solved until now.

Ideally it would be better to separate skins from combo colors and have a option do disable each.