forum

I can't play with HR or DT

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty
No matter how I try and repeat 1000 times with the same song, I never get it back. Everything is too fast, I can not follow simple. I can only play certain diff from AR8 and AR9, everything does not show up too fast. BPM120-170 is perfect for me. :(

This Diff is for me good and example: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/486513?m=0 (I have a S, no mod)
E m i
enable hitsounds
GhostFrog
Try playing some nomod maps with AR>9 and play DT either on AR7.5 hard diffs or on lower bpm AR8 maps. If you can't play any of that, you just aren't ready for it and should keep developing your skills until it comes more naturally.

Playing slower maps will help you to gain the finger control necessary for doubles, triples, and streams and playing anything that you can follow more or less perfectly while focusing on accuracy will cause your accuracy to improve.

Conor wrote:

Why would you want to go down to AR7 if you can do AR9 anyway? Isn't that the reverse of progress? Lets all stop getting better.
Go edit all your favorite AR9 maps to AR7 and see how you do on them before calling it "the reverse of progress".
KanoSet

Conor wrote:

Everybody wrote:

Play more.
Accuracy improves when you play more.
You need to play more to build up stamina and speed.

Hit more triples. Hit more streams. Hit more doubles. Start at a speed you're comfortable at and work your way up slowly.

3 weeks is absolutely nothing in terms in practice. Play more.
Conor
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty
Sure, Hitsound is always on. I use the Hitsound of BDDav & cptnXn skin. Without I can not play. But the problem lies elsewhere. The faster the song is, the less accurate and more nervous I get. Whenever I play long song, from the half I will always nervous that I constantly premise or accuracy goes into the basement. :o

The word "play more" does not help me when I try forever with the same song with AR7+HR or AR8+DT and constantly only faile. I can repeat 1000 times, just not happening. :lol:
Conor
GhostFrog

Conor wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

Why would you want to go down to AR7 if you can do AR9 anyway? Isn't that the reverse of progress? Lets all stop getting better. Go edit all your favorite AR9 maps to AR7 and see how you do on them before calling it "the reverse of progress".
I can play all ARs. How about you do some research of my scores first, froggy?
How about you do what I suggested to prove me wrong then. Play a map on AR9. Make an AR7 version. Play that. Tell me how your scores compare.
KanoSet

Fatal3ty wrote:

Sure, Hitsound is always on. I use the Hitsound of BDDav & cptnXn skin. Without I can not play. But the problem lies elsewhere. The faster the song is, the less accurate and more nervous I get. Whenever I play long song, from the half I will always nervous that I constantly premise or accuracy goes into the basement. :o
just relax.. why u have to be nervous? :)
control your self, play for fun, don't ask for skills let it come to u bit by bit
Conor
E m i
1.try to listen to the hitsounds so that they sound in sync with the music
2.try to use the exact same force in every keypress - you can't avoid sacrificing accuracy on faster maps because of how unstable will your keypresses probably be, but you will be able to extend your comfort zone by practicing on faster maps.
tap swiftly, but do not use excessive force.
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty
Have the good / bad skin influence on the accuracy and the skill? :)
GhostFrog

Conor wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

How about you do what I suggested to prove me wrong then. Play a map on AR9. Make an AR7 version. Play that. Tell me how your scores compare.
I still SS them. No matter what I change ARs too. Maybe you should look at my play count compared to OP (and do some that thing called research I mentioned earlier). This is completely besides the point of the thread anyway.
I have no clue what point you're trying to make unless it's that your playcount in osu!standard is so low that your claim about being able to play any AR equally well is clearly bullshit.
Conor
E m i
Conor, my friend
you have missed the point :(
but it's okay :)
KanoSet

Fatal3ty wrote:

Have the good / bad skin influence on the accuracy and the skill? :)
if u are comfortable with it and u can see clearly then it's fine i would say
it's subjective
GhostFrog

Conor wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

I have no clue what point you're trying to make unless it's that your playcount in osu!standard is so low that your claim about being able to play any AR equally well is clearly bullshit.
That's besides the point, I've still practiced enough to the point where I can do it on a game mode. If I went and played standard as much as I did Taiko, it'd be the same case. Don't kid yourself.
What? You would need to play standard a whole bunch to be able to play AR7 as well as AR9?? But I thought AR7 was easier!
Conor
B1rd
Me neither.
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty

[ Momiji ] wrote:

1.try to listen to the hitsounds so that they sound in sync with the music
2.try to use the exact same force in every keypress - you can't avoid sacrificing accuracy on faster maps because of how unstable will your keypresses probably be, but you will be able to extend your comfort zone by practicing on faster maps.
tap swiftly, but do not use excessive force.
True, I simply hit too hard. I find it very hard to be loose and all the spectators tell me then that I react too hectic and press often too late and must change. Until now I have never been able to change. :(
Conor
Yuudachi-kun
It doesn't matter how light the switches hard if you always bottom out reds like they're greens. I like slamming my reds like the Hulk.
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty

Conor wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

True, I simply hit too hard. I find it very hard to be loose and all the spectators tell me then that I react too hectic and press often too late and must change. Until now I have never been able to change. :(
Be as loose as you possibly can. I see you have Green switches so maybe you could switch from tactile switches to linear switches if you really wanted too to see if that would help? Green switches have an actuation force of 80 cN which is rather stiff. You could try and get your hands on some Red switches which have an actuation force of 45 cN, much less force required for a keystroke.

You can refer to this for Cherry MX switches to see if there's any that strike your fancy.

It does not matter which keyboard I use, I always push too hard. Before that I played with long Laptopkeyboard and press just too strong. And to exchange another switch I have no idea of art. :(
SnowflakeStreet
Focus on the music and not the approach circle.

For DT, just practice. It's something you have to play a ton of and get used to.
Yuudachi-kun

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

Focus on the music and not the approach circle.

For DT, just practice. It's something you have to play a ton of and get used to.
Focusing on the music just makes it worse :(
ZenithPhantasm
Play more 8-)
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty
I practice AR7+HR and I get it only now when I use HD HR. On a silver S. Without Hidden I fail again. Is that normal? :(
Endaris
Hidden kinda softens the AR.
It's not slower but the perception changes
Ima newb and i cant even play ar9 but with hidden it's less terrible than without.
once you can play the AR it actually gets harder with hidden(at least for me).
Mahogany
Dude, you're a bit low ranked to be trying to play AR10. Just play the game and it will come to you with time, I'm 13k and can't read AR10. It's not necessary.
Barusamikosu

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Dude, you're a bit low ranked to be trying to play AR10. Just play the game and it will come to you with time
This

Also, play more nomod.
Ziassan
You don't need HR or DT yet, I'm 30k and play 90% of time nomod, I always played like that. Even doing a lot of Ar8 at this rank ('cause I'm used to old style beatmaps).
If you are better with HD it's good, though it works for good maps, the strange/old ones are quite hard to handle with HD. It feels easier for you because it's less distracting to the eye (no circle moving everywhere).

Their are ton of maps for your level honnestly, DT is not needed at the moment.

Good luck, even if I'm a bit younger than you I often feel the difference in the learning curve with children, but with training everything is possible.
Topic Starter
Fatal3ty
The problem there is that many insanes without mod are often too heavy. I absolutely can not stream and no quick triples and doubles and High-BPM-Beatmaps. The I fail just yet. My finger is far too slow and cramp immediately after many triples and then blocked. (I'm left-handed (Tablet left) and must press with right hand) I can only play certain Insane Diff containing jumps and as little as possible Triples and Doubles. It may also be 4 stars and S fit. My Rank no longer improves long! So I try to HDHR 3 Star Maps. :cry:

I play good AR9-Maps Jumps. AR7 is soo slow > HDHR ist better. DT is too fast :(
blahpy

Conor wrote:

Why would you want to go down to AR7 if you can do AR9 anyway? Isn't that the reverse of progress? Lets all stop getting better.
I just died slightly inside...

If you can't read AR7/8 you're literally unable to play most of the old maps...

Unless you were talking about Taiko, where lower AR is actually much much easier and AR9 is ridiculously hard, which I suspect you were looking at your standard mode playcount, but then I don't see how your post is at all relevant if that's the case
Yuudachi-kun
If he was talking about taiko, he'd be postinf jn the taiko section.

I only feel down to ar8 is important. What actualy hard, good map is ar7?
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

What actualy hard, good map is ar7?
I have an AR7 nomod in my top ranks. 8-)
B1rd
it doesn't count when it's just stream spam.
Barusamikosu

B1rd wrote:

it doesn't count when it's just stream spam.
Stream maps are still maps :D
B1rd
You can't brag about doing a low AR map when it's all streams and requires none of the reading that it otherwise would.
Yuudachi-kun
Low ar streams are even harder to hit. Wow, I can x800 heroes of our time, but change it to ar8 like in TTFATF and I get 65% acc! So easy!
cheezstik
Not to mention how little pp it gave anyway. Think of a rank 500k bragging about the ar5 normals in his top ranks.
show more