forum

Erisis - Owarinaki Tabibito

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elmo_old
My first beat map, unfortunately no video version nor gameplay footage ^^" The song is the opening for Eden's Bowy.

Download

Place file in Songs directory
peppy

Elmo wrote:

My first beat map, unfortunately no video version nor gameplay footage ^^" The song is the opening for Eden's Bowy.

Download

Place file in Songs directory
This one is pretty hard! I haven't been able to pass yet but will keep trying.

A few tips:
  1. You should use bezier curves for the simple curved sliders - you will be able to get the same curve with three points and it will look a lot less wonky.
  2. There's a strange slider at 2m13s which seems to go slightly longer than it should. Not sure if you meant for this, but it sounds a bit out of place. Moving the end point once seems to fix it.
  3. With your song naming - I actually meant for the version field to have things such as "Short", rather than a version number (maybe this needs to be made a bit clearer?) This is just to allow the songs to be grouped better when they have many versions by many beatmap creators. Something to remember for the future :).
Anyway its good to see some more beatmaps being made - and definitely a good first effort. One question - are you able to pass it? You seemed to set HP drain quite high as well! Oh, I just passed the short version :)
Topic Starter
Elmo_old
Haha I can pass it - but I attribute that to the fact that I made it so I've played it many many times.

I didn't know how to change slider shape b4 but now I know ^^ I'll make sure they look less wonky in the future

Yeah I wasn't too sure how high to set the life drain, I had a friend of mine test it and he said he passed it on his first try so I thought maybe I made it too easy :P

Thnx for trying it ^^ makes my staying up till 3.30am last night worthwhile
peppy
I also heard your silent request for non-curved sliders. These will be added in the release tonight (probably in the next few hours) as a new "Linear" curve type.

Keep up the beatmapping :)
peppy

peppy wrote:

I also heard your silent request for non-curved sliders. These will be added in the release tonight (probably in the next few hours) as a new "Linear" curve type.
This is up now - I'd be interested to see how it works for you :)
Lumino
Nice to see a contribution from someone outside of the test group.
Only suggestion I have at the moment is to make the HP drain rate slower, as it seems easy to fail if you miss a few beats and paired with the gaps during the song. (Unless that was your intention, if so I'll have to try harder!)
I haven't been able to beat it yet :lol: but I'll keep trying.
Good first beatmap though!
tsububu
Nice map Elmo, took me a few tries to pass. The HP drain was fast tho I must admit.
Topic Starter
Elmo_old
Just uploaded the new osz file - with non-wonky sliders now!
Linear slider is great btw ^^ thanks peppy!

Also tried to upload links for the individual osu files since it's kinda a waste having to download the mp3 again as its packed together with the osz files, but couldn't get the link working :S coz of the [Normal] interfering with the url code, not sure how to get around it ^^ I'm sure theres a simple way round it, but for now ill just paste the links as text:

http://users.tpg.com.au/alancj/Erisis - Owarinaki Tabibito (Elmo) [Normal].osu

http://users.tpg.com.au/alancj/Erisis - Owarinaki Tabibito (Elmo) [Short].osu

Edit: oh yeah and I turned the life drain back to normal :P