forum

HR seems impossible

posted
Total Posts
show more
but if you just want to play it, its not really that hard to get into. just play more hr, mang.

I first started trying out HDHR because of Narrill, who used to be super consistent with HDHR, and got some sick plays with it. He's a really cool guy, and one of the best players I've seen imo. When I saw him play it, HDHR started to look really fun so I tried it out one day. It turns out I could actually play it. so I ended up just practicing a lot in order to get passes and FCs.

We all know thelewa, who got into HDHR randomly by playing it for fun. With lewa, it turned out he already had accuracy and was really good at it, so he kept on playing. This was somewhere on his ask a while ago, iirc. It was just a matter of playing more and getting even better to get into the top 5.

See, for all good HR/HDHR players, they played more HR to get better. It seems easier for DT players, as you can see with Tokichii, he got into HR pretty quickly because honestly leagues easier than playing any DT. I don't know if you have seen it, but everybody's playing HR now. You can also get same pp from playing easier maps with HR, when you'd have to play harder maps DT. It is important to learn HD if you want to get that extra pp bonus, which would be good for _index. If index learned, HD, he would've probably been #1 during his little rampage.

tl;dr: just play more. You get used to it quick.
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

Nomod is the best mod.
Bzer
don't give up, you should see your 95% accuracy fc's as a sign that you're improving. if you really think you're suffering that much from playing hr right now, just get back to it another day, take a break or something. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2811438 i'd love some 95% acc fc's too!
Bauxe
play more
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

play more
play more

RamenOtaku wrote:

don't give up, you should see your 95% accuracy fc's as a sign that you're improving. if you really think you're suffering that much from playing hr right now, just get back to it another day, take a break or something. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2811438 i'd love some 95% acc fc's too!
mashmashmashmashmashmashmashmash
sorrynotsorry
7ambda
I can only play 2-3 star maps with it.
Ichi
Your problem actually relies on your reading skills. DO NOT, and i repeat, DO NOT spam HR on every map you see. A seemingly logical answer to the "how to improve HR? or how do i get better accuraccy with HR?" would be: Play more HR.

Well after some playing i´ve discovered that the way around getting a better accuraccy and overall reading of HR, isn´t just playing HR. On the contrary, only playing HR will only frustrate you and will decrease your reading on every other Ar. Not saying it isn´t possible tho, there are many good HR players who just grinded theyr way by playing only HR and got it down, but that will mess up with your ar9 reading and you most probably won´t be able to play it correctly.

How do you approach HR the RIGHT way then you might ask? Well actually the way to learn HR properly is to improve your general reading and accuraccy overall. A good thing you can do, is pick up some maps you like (with music you actually enjoy and that are pushing your skills) and edit them into being AR 8 and OD 10. If you want to grind something, grind that. Eventually you will notice that you are reading streams much better. And from then, move from time to time into HR maps. Accuraccy and reading will come if you do this practice, for a month at least. You will be able to read and play HR with decent accu, and practice it from there while retaining your proper reading skills. Get good at accuraccy and reading, then go to HR, not the other way around. The same way as you don´t learn ar10 before 9, you don´t learn OD10 before mastering 9, and so on. GL!
Yuudachi-kun
Tfw you haven't mastered od8 yet.
B1rd
The secret of playing HR is to never blink.
ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

Nah thats only for AR11. Secret to HR is get gud.
Synpoo
Secret to HR is to not play HR and farm DT.
Yuudachi-kun
DTHR should be a thing people learn. Ar11 all the way.
Strategas
Once you've learned ar8 and get around 100 UR try HR again.
Also, don't play it if it frustrates you. HR ir my favourite mod, even though I was really bad at it I had fun and eventually got better and better.
Kouya-
Start small ~ you'll eventually be able to do it .
trebby
Train your reaction times. Start with maps with a smaller ar, and once you're used to playing that ar, advance to the next level. It's a slow process, but patience is the key here.
ZenithPhantasm

CuboidBeats wrote:

Train your reaction times. Start with maps with a smaller ar, and once you're used to playing that ar, advance to the next level. It's a slow process, but patience is the key here.
AR8+DT=9.6
Play DT and sell your soul to pp farm god.
B1rd

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Nah thats only for AR11. Secret to HR is get gud.
Secret to ar11 is memorisation.
Gumpy
Don't worry I suck at it too, lets suck at it together.
pandaBee
Why not just edit maps to something in between 9-10, something readable rather than just jumping straight into 10? You should also be training acc ofc.
jasian
You need to identify what you find hard about HR. Personally I found the higher CS with patterns/streaming the most difficult, so I just played more.
Topic Starter
Sakata_Gintoki
First of all, thanks for some of the advice. I'm not sure if it helps but I guess I will keep playing it for a while.
There maybe was a bit to much talk about learning to read the ar since like I stated I don't feel like this is the problem. Still hr feels fast and exhausting for me and well, I'll just hope that feeling goes away with a bit more training.

(Seeing so many people talk about playing ar 8 and training ar 9 first felt a little bit off topic, though (I still am a 4k player allready, I'm not THAT bad... I hope :P) . Guess it's still usefull as a general tip for others who might read this .)

For great accuracy!
autoteleology
I really can't stand retrying a map more than 2 or 3 times so that is out of question for me.
This is your problem

Funny how your most played song is also your top play.

Let's look at me, shall we?

You need to have dedication if you want to get better. All of those songs in my most played beatmaps, I have excellent scores on relative to my rank. At high levels, if you want to improve at specialty skills, you had better learn to grind.
Yuudachi-kun
My top plays are fun songs and songs I couldn't pass as a mouse only user. Weeeee
Noobsicle
just play as much hr as you can, use nf+hr on maps that you are comfortable with (at your level i'm guessing around 4.5 star - 5 star maps)

it kind of helps to warm up by playing ar10.3 before learning hr, nf+dt any ar9 map for 5-10 minutes then play hr afterwards, it should look more readable. just don't mash

also don't bother with grinding retries

please

plz
bigfeh

Philosofikal wrote:

I really can't stand retrying a map more than 2 or 3 times so that is out of question for me.
This is your problem

You need to have dedication if you want to get better. All of those songs in my most played beatmaps, I have excellent scores on relative to my rank. At high levels, if you want to improve at specialty skills, you had better learn to grind.
did it really take you 350 tries to SS In My Room? lol
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

:^)
Lagel

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

otoed1

Philosofikal wrote:

I've reached rank 15k and the most iv'e grinded on a song was my top play I got yesterday. I only played that map like 15 times. I'm confused where your logic is, frankly I think spamming encourages poor habits. Moreover, it gets kinda boring and frustrating. Once your on tilit its impossible to play with any sentiment of accuracy.
SnowflakeStreet

Philosofikal wrote:

This is your problem

idk about that; most of my top plays are plays that I randomly got without retrying once
Yuudachi-kun
Mine are a mix, but I damn well played most of those maps many times over on other days.
ZenithPhantasm
Mines a mix of songs I like and ofc Airman and Big Black.
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Mines a mix of songs I like and ofc Airman and Big Black.
are you implying you don't like airman?
autoteleology

bigfeh wrote:

90% of those plays were back when getting an SS would have made it my top rank, so whatever. OD8 triples are hard when you're rank #75,000 mouse only.

I SS'ed it after like three tries one day when I randomly decided to replay, because I was finally good enough to actually play it.
GoldenWolf

Philosofikal wrote:

OD8 triples are hard when you're rank #75,000 mouse only.
It's OD7 though
Barusamikosu
OD6 triples are the best because I can spam the keys and still get 300s. :D
E m i

Philosofikal wrote:

I SS'ed it
me too
Barusamikosu
Momiji that UR.
autoteleology

Philosofikal wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

I've reached rank 15k and the most iv'e grinded on a song was my top play I got yesterday. I only played that map like 15 times. I'm confused where your logic is, frankly I think spamming encourages poor habits. Moreover, it gets kinda boring and frustrating. Once your on tilit its impossible to play with any sentiment of accuracy.
spamming =/= grinding
your rank is not special
you have no ss ranks good job br0o0o0o0

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

idk about that; most of my top plays are plays that I randomly got without retrying once
your rank is also bad for your time played
neither of you understood what I was saying anyway, you're not gonna "learn" HR or SS The Big Black on a whim, it takes focused practice.
quick someone post a jab about call of duty so we can lock the thread already lol
Yuudachi-kun
My rank is also bad for time played, but I can Ss easies!
show more