U - The First the Last

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ephemeral
Fixes implemented, bubble awarded!
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
Thanks for modding ^__^ fixes added; much more playable now!

xD Thanks too Lybydose, must have forgotten to put it in pending again after the last update.
ztrot
somebody rank this :(
Ephemeral
Rebubbling because of silly forum change.
Mogsy
Normal:
-00:57:398 (5) - Remove that second Finish. Consistency with the phrase before it and all.
-01:02:755 (2) - New Combo mark goes here. New phrase.
-01:32:755 (1) - Remove the New Combo mark. This is a part of the previous phrase.
-01:33:612 (3) - Add a New Combo mark. This is a new phrase.
-01:36:183 (1) - Remove the New Combo mark. This is a part of the previous phrase.
-01:37:041 (2) - Add a New Combo mark. This is a new phrase.

Hard:
-01:02:327 (10) - Stack this. This is really ugly.
-01:17:112 (2) - Fix this symmetry; IE stack the endpoint of this and (1) please.

ztrot's Insane:
-00:43:900 (12) - New Combo mark here. That way consistency will be reached with this section.
-00:44:114 (1) - Remove the New Combo mark. Yay consistency.
-00:45:400 (3) - Add a New Combo mark. Yay consistency.

Trust me on the New Combo mark stuff, it still looks fine/even better if you change that.

In any case, solid. BAT-starred. Rebubble when fixed.
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
Thanks Mogsworth, added all your fixes except for the Finish at 0:57:398 in Hard. I made three repeating sliders (50:541, 53:969, 57:398) and the first has one Finish, second has two, and the third has three -- sort of as a way to lead up to the sample set change to Normal after them :3 I can change it if it still bothers you though~

In Hard, I also:
- 01:13:684 (2, 3, 4): changed these three sliders into a star shape because the old ones felt boring
- removed a few Finish sounds because they were starting to get too repetitive
- 01:38:541 (1, 2, 3, 4): changed these four sliders into straight lines because the old ones looked lame
*hopes that's okay* xD
Tomoka Rin
star
Mogsy
One last thing.

Hard:
-01:17:112 (2) - Restack this.

Fix and I'll bubble.
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
OK, restacked the slider @ 01:17:112~
Mogsy
Help yourself to a bubble, you've earned it.
Ephemeral
POWER OVERWHELMING

(Ranked)
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
THANKS EVERYONE <3

Yay I'm #1 on Hard and Insane! <_< for the next 20 minutes at least lololo
Vicho
congratz~ Djibril scares me XD
but I love this song <3
Andrea
"H I I"

Oh, not again...
DJPop

osuplayer111 wrote:

"H I I"

Oh, not again...
^
Ephemeral
I didn't even bother checking star rating since I flat out assumed Normal was < 3 stars based on how it played.

Whoops.

The new difficulty system classes this as Normal so I guess it's okay.
Alace
WOW YEAH
so we don`t need to care that 3.25 star blabla now ?
come on you are a member of this team

personaly i don`t care about the star rating too,but i HAVE TO ask mappers to do that
rofl

EDIT:so we have think about this problem seriously. if a diff is easy enough but has 3.25+ star rating. what should BATs do
Ephemeral
It should be okay if it's within the 3-4 star range, since I think that's always been a bit of a grey area with star rating anyway.

We probably need to discuss the guideline a little bit to get this ironed out.

Though feel free to unrank it if it bothers you that much, since it is technically violating the criteria.
Alace
only you unrank maps with lol reasons
i am fine with this normal becauxe i am good at playing ^^b
Ephemeral
I guess there's no problem then?
Pasonia
What Alace was trying to say was that you should probably take more care in ranking, since we're technically not operating under the new criteria yet. At the very least, you should have acknowledged the stars and placed a notice saying you're aware of it, rather than just saying "oh, I thought it was okay."

Since it's not the first time, Ephemeral, here's a reminder: Don't use any new stuff unless we're through discussing it in our super-secret-chambers, Ephe.

Though, given the map, I doubt there's unranking needed. It's just a bit of a hiccup with how this matter was dealt with. No biggie.

(this is an edit to highlight just how selfish Ephemeral is as a person even 8 years ago. I don't make shit up - he likes to make his own rules)
Ephemeral
It was an oversight on my part, I literally and honestly thought there was no way Normal could be above three stars that I didn't even bother glancing over at star rating while I was modding it.

Just one of those things, I guess.
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
I can see how these easier maps could be a problem. While I had quite a few relatively new players play the Normal and most of them could pass it, it was a pretty subjective way to verify if the Normal was easy enough. It was also the completely wrong way to go about doing it in the first place so don't mind that part xD

And then while some maps like this Normal seem easier than the star value suggests (like Ephemeral had mentioned), there aren't many other good ways to systematically rule in or rule out easiest difficulties. Taking things on a case-by-case basis would take even longer and would probably just cause more drama when BATs disagree on other peoples' opinions... though, it's not really any of my business!

Anyway, I could easily make a dumbed-down Normal into an Easy diff considering how close the Normal is to 3.25 stars already; I don't want to be the cause of a bunch of BAT turmoil! Just let me know :)
Andrea
Heart fixed.
Jarby

Alace wrote:

only you unrank maps with lol reasons
Your attitude disgusts me.
ztrot
I didn't get any hey ztrot made the skin- the font :P no I kid great map
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
<3 noteskin :D and your difficulty which is probably the reason why this map is ranked 9.x ^____^
ztrot
<3
OnizukaEikichi
This opening is beautiful! Added this beatmap to favorites :3