1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
  4. Resolved Issues
show more
posted

Bauxe wrote:

Supporters get a name change.
I see where you're coming from, but the bigger issue here is that those in charge of the chat have changed the wordfilters and caused this problem for him. It is not his own fault, so resolving this issue by removing his only name change (which he paid for) would be a poor solution in my opinion.
posted
I think (since he paid for the name change) he should at least get one free of charge, since it's not his fault that his name was censored.
posted
I'm sure support would change it for free. It probably got filtered to prevent discussions relating to the fandom in public channels.
posted
If someone types "furry" and it gets changed to "blurry" in text and you don't have "blurry" in your highlights, does it still highlight you?
posted

Bauxe wrote:

I'm sure support would change it for free. It probably got filtered to prevent discussions relating to the fandom in public channels.
I am not changing my name. I will not. This is my username, I signed up with it, I have had this username and account for 2 years. They will not change my name for a new censor that has been added.
posted

ziin wrote:

If someone types "furry" and it gets changed to "blurry" in text and you don't have "blurry" in your highlights, does it still highlight you?
No I had to add it as a highlight now that is a censor.
posted
I don't think this is gonna happen. Either live with it or contact accounts@ppy.sh about it.

Also please don't make threads like this here.
posted

VeilStar wrote:

I don't think this is gonna happen. Either live with it or contact accounts@ppy.sh about it.

Also please don't make threads like this here.
I was first told to post here from #help, while here I'm told to email accounts@ppy.sh, Which I have not had a response from in 4 days.

So I will make threads like this here, It's "Help" for osu!. And I need help with this NEW censor for my OLD username.
posted
My name used to be Loli -[Koinuri] since 2-3 years ago, long before they added a filter loli -> fine lady. I just emailed them the problem and requested a free name change to remove the "Loli" from my name.

So just ask them for a free rename. They're not going to remove the filter just for you. You should've came up with a safer name.
posted

-[Koinuri] wrote:

My name used to be Loli -[Koinuri] since 2-3 years ago, long before they added a filter loli -> fine lady. I just emailed them the problem and requested a free name change to remove the "Loli" from my name.

So just ask them for a free rename. They're not going to remove the filter just for you. You should've came up with a safer name.
"Safer Name" What's wrong with my name. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with my name, along with MY name not being modifiable in any way.
posted

Furry wrote:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with my name
8-)8-)8-)

don't worry man it's just a censor, and in one of the most cancerous chat rooms ever
nobody is suggesting you should change your name anyway, they're saying you will probably get one for free due to the censor, so stop being edgy
this thread just reeks of cringe
posted
misunderstood situation... original content deleted.
Please sign in to reply.