[invalid] Censored Username Removal

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Furry
It was automatic from what I've heard.
Yuii-
I think you should try emailing to accounts@ppy.sh and tell them about this problem.
abraker
That's interesting. Want to see it in chat for myself XD.
Vaporwave
That's hilarious.
#bringbackfurry
Topic Starter
Furry

Yuii- wrote:

I think you should try emailing to accounts@ppy.sh and tell them about this problem.
It's not an account issue, this is an issue with the new censor, because I have had my account for 2 YEARS and this percolate is literally 2 months old or something.
abraker
It's not an account issue
I would still email, but even I'm not sure if it is leaning more on the account side or chat side. You should be redirected to the right direction if anything.
Topic Starter
Furry
I was told to just make a forum post, since it was most likely automatic, there was no actual reason for the censor to be added, plus it's my username, so, it's a censor issue since it's new and censors my username.
Topic Starter
Furry
No reply after 2 days in this forum, nor from accounts@ppy.sh, I do not know what to do now.
Vaporwave
Wait, so why again is 'Furry' on the censor list?
Score_Under

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

With a name and and avatar like that, I think you are in a good position to guess.
Not saying it's justified though, I think most censors are ridiculous.
Topic Starter
Furry

Score_Under wrote:

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

With a name and and avatar like that, I think you are in a good position to guess.
Not saying it's justified though, I think most censors are ridiculous.
What are you saying? Just because I have this username means it's automatically the 18+ content of the fandom my name could be referring to? That's sorta not an option for why the censor was added.
Score_Under
There are lots of SFW censors, doesn't surprise me that you're hit by one of them. Interestingly enough, there is an option to disable censors in the osu options menu. And it doesn't work.

edit: and if I were to guess as to why it is a filter, I'd say because if someone's mentioning it in public chat they're probably about to either start some drama or attract some trolls who will do that for them. Just a guess though.
Bauxe
Could have chosen a name that doesn't push your fandom down the throats of everyone who sits in chat.

Just add blurry to your highlights and be done with it.
Score_Under

Bauxe wrote:

Could have chosen a name that doesn't push your fandom down the throats of everyone who sits in chat.
Hindsight is 20/20, he can't go back and choose now which is why he made the thread. Either way I wouldn't say this pushes the fandom down people's throats unless he regularly brings it up as a topic of discussion. As a parallel to the issue of fandoms and their reputations, consider the difference between a username inspired by a religion, and someone who goes around evangelising every day in chat.
Vaporwave
That's like saying people aren't allowed to name themselves after anime characters.

I still don't understand why they didn't at least check to see if there was a name under the word they were censoring..
Bauxe

Score_Under wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20, he can't go back and choose now which is why he made the thread. Either way I wouldn't say this pushes the fandom down people's throats unless he regularly brings it up as a topic of discussion. As a parallel to the issue of fandoms and their reputations, consider the difference between a username inspired by a religion, and someone who goes around evangelising every day in chat.
Supporters get a name change. If it is really that much of a hassle, he can use that.
Vaporwave

Bauxe wrote:

Supporters get a name change. If it is really that much of a hassle, he can use that.
The point is that he shouldn't have to use his name change, and that the censor shouldn't have been added in the first place.
(if there's someone using that name.)

Why is it censored anyway?
Score_Under

Bauxe wrote:

Supporters get a name change.
I see where you're coming from, but the bigger issue here is that those in charge of the chat have changed the wordfilters and caused this problem for him. It is not his own fault, so resolving this issue by removing his only name change (which he paid for) would be a poor solution in my opinion.
Vaporwave
I think (since he paid for the name change) he should at least get one free of charge, since it's not his fault that his name was censored.
Bauxe
I'm sure support would change it for free. It probably got filtered to prevent discussions relating to the fandom in public channels.
ziin
If someone types "furry" and it gets changed to "blurry" in text and you don't have "blurry" in your highlights, does it still highlight you?
Topic Starter
Furry

Bauxe wrote:

I'm sure support would change it for free. It probably got filtered to prevent discussions relating to the fandom in public channels.
I am not changing my name. I will not. This is my username, I signed up with it, I have had this username and account for 2 years. They will not change my name for a new censor that has been added.
Topic Starter
Furry

ziin wrote:

If someone types "furry" and it gets changed to "blurry" in text and you don't have "blurry" in your highlights, does it still highlight you?
No I had to add it as a highlight now that is a censor.
VeilStar
I don't think this is gonna happen. Either live with it or contact accounts@ppy.sh about it.

Also please don't make threads like this here.
Topic Starter
Furry

VeilStar wrote:

I don't think this is gonna happen. Either live with it or contact accounts@ppy.sh about it.

Also please don't make threads like this here.
I was first told to post here from #help, while here I'm told to email accounts@ppy.sh, Which I have not had a response from in 4 days.

So I will make threads like this here, It's "Help" for osu!. And I need help with this NEW censor for my OLD username.
_koinuri
My name used to be Loli -[Koinuri] since 2-3 years ago, long before they added a filter loli -> fine lady. I just emailed them the problem and requested a free name change to remove the "Loli" from my name.

So just ask them for a free rename. They're not going to remove the filter just for you. You should've came up with a safer name.
Topic Starter
Furry

-[Koinuri] wrote:

My name used to be Loli -[Koinuri] since 2-3 years ago, long before they added a filter loli -> fine lady. I just emailed them the problem and requested a free name change to remove the "Loli" from my name.

So just ask them for a free rename. They're not going to remove the filter just for you. You should've came up with a safer name.
"Safer Name" What's wrong with my name. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with my name, along with MY name not being modifiable in any way.
DeletedUser_3905941

Furry wrote:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with my name
8-) 8-) 8-)

don't worry man it's just a censor, and in one of the most cancerous chat rooms ever
nobody is suggesting you should change your name anyway, they're saying you will probably get one for free due to the censor, so stop being edgy
this thread just reeks of cringe
abraker
misunderstood situation... original content deleted.