forum

[invalid] No muting in PM chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Littleboy40
Hey,

I just found about it: you can get muted if you spam something into the PM chat.

As long as you're not mutual friends, I really, really see no reason why someone should get muted if they spam something in PM chat with a mutual friend, because you know each other, you know you wanna be fun and silly. If my best friend says to me I should shut my mouth just because I am silly, then I don't understand him.
There is a big difference between spamming in public chat and spamming in PM chat with mutual friend. Spam in public chat is just annoying because you don't wanna see someone write the same thing 20 times. But in PM chat, you EXACTLY know why someone spammed you!
Usually it happens in 3 cases:
1. They wanna introduce you with a smile by spamming 'Hey :D' 10 times
2. You talked about this and they do it just for the irony
3. You are going to go offline and they spam 'Bye :D' 10 times just because he wants you to leave with a smile
I have NEVER seen a mutual friend spamming me if one of these wasn't the case. If someone spams you and you think it's annoying, just say to him 'please stop spamming' and if he keeps spamming for 2 minutes, then IMMEDIATELY put him on the 'ignore'-list.

I just think that muting in PM chat ist'n very necessary.

Please tell me what you think about this! :D

Bye!
MillhioreF
There's been discussion about this in the past, and I'm pretty sure the consensus was that it could be abuse to flood Bancho with large amounts of spam text. The spam protection isn't just to protect the end user, it's to protect Bancho itself and keep it running smoothly.
Topic Starter
Littleboy40

MillhioreF wrote:

There's been discussion about this in the past, and I'm pretty sure the consensus was that it could be abuse to flood Bancho with large amounts of spam text. The spam protection isn't just to protect the end user, it's to protect Bancho itself and keep it running smoothly.
But isn't there any solution for not getting muted in PM chat? Isn't there a way to not getting muted AND keep BanchoBot running smoothly?
What about a warning system? Like if you spam something 10 times in PM chat, you will get notified that you are spamming and if you keep spamming, you will get muted. If the keep spamming for like 25 times, the get muted. I think that immediate muting is too much for spamming a friend.
drum drum
spam is bad and that's why you shouldn't do it

there isn't a way because it creates a load on the chat service making things slower than they should be.