forum

Best Gamemode out of Taiko, Mania, and CTB?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Conor
[ Mephisto ]

CuboidBeats wrote:

In my unpopular opinion... catch the beat.
Raediaufar
even I'm a mania player I will say ctb tho (taiko is just goddamn confusing, especially when it comes the alternate)
Ekoro
tl;dr it's fucking subjective

I'll say taiko because of course, i play it and i like it. I don't play the two others modes.

Well i agree that CtB isn't a rhythm game at all, to me, it's just basically catching fruits and moving -nearly- randomly. But i respect people who play it, it's their choice. And to me, it's the easiest one to begin with.
Taiko is the hardest to begin with, but the easiest one to progress, once you know how to read patterns. Can't speak about mania, tho.

And Taiko perfectly makes sense in this game, the notes fits the rhythm and you mostly have to tap, unlike std where you hold some notes (sliders). but nowadays it's 1/8 sliders that counts as a circle \:D/
FuZ
CtB > Taiko > Mania

CtB first because it's a lot of fun
Taiko second, it's fun but require a little more tryhard than CtB
Mania would be second if the long notes were similar to Stepmania
Conor
Syphist
CtB does have rhythm aspects to it. You need to time some very precise dashes with the beat and stuff. It may not be a full rhythm game in the sense of the other game modes, but it still uses rhythm aspects. This actually surprised me when I first picked up the game mode. It has more rhythm aspects than people think. It still isn't a rhythm game in the traditional sense though.
Nacchu
ctb because it's trash like me (*´∀`)
Scared
Catch the beat. Taiko and mania feel weird to me.
Viridi
I like Taiko yes.
bigfeh
I thought we had all agreed that Taiko = mashing
KokoaCrunch
Yea. if you have an actual drum that would be much better :P
Kouya-
I'm starting to like CTB now .
Gumpy
Taiko/CTB
and in the trash bin we have Mania
Wind_14

Gumpyyy wrote:

Taiko/CTB
and in the trash bin we have Mania
It's only if you're coming from another rhythm-based games such as StepMania, O2Jam, and many others...
for me it's a good place for training before going to the other games..
BTW Taiko/CTB is unique on it's own way...
Parasyche
CTB, even though i'm absolute shiet, FTW.
FlyingNeko
Taiko is fine but I've been playing mania since 3rd grade.
I just can't find the joy in CTB, sorry.
Wickedsharkz
for me, Mania
Asagi Mutsuki
taiko because don kat dondonkat dondonkatdon donkat
Mafuuu
I've recently tried all 3 of them. Tried Taiko and Mania first because they both could use 4 keys, Mania was overall more fun because I like clicking in a set pattern whereas Taiko seems like you'd have to get a good rhythm of switching fingers before getting comfortable- otherwise it's button mash. CTB wins though because got to go fast I'm able to focus really well while playing it somehow? I just find it more fun tbh.
brunn08
I like CTB - Osu - Taiko - I hate mania :(
Lovalyn
Mania-CTB
Weeeheee :D
EshkushMeh xD
Mania for me :3
trexex55
MANIA, it is fun.
PeanutBader
I would go with Mania because it feels like I am playing the piano or something.
Redon
Midori Tea

Redon wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

taiko ≈ mania > shit, vomit and period blood cocktail > ctb
this
I second that notion.
Conor
Gumpy

Conor wrote:

PeanutBader wrote:

I would go with Mania because it feels like I am playing the piano or something.
Does it really feel that way for you? It's nothing like playing an actual piano at all. I play both so I can vouch.
A piano with up to 10 keys that feel like shit.
-SayaKai

Redon wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

taiko ≈ mania > shit, vomit and period blood cocktail > ctb
this
lol
Fatal3ty
Most play: Standard

2. CTB
3. Taiko

I dont' play Mania. For me too hard. :D
Myke Madeline
1.Standard
2.Taiko
3.CTB :3
-SayaKai
CtB for me
JuIiano
I started playing CTB 1.5/2 months ago and it's my favorite! It gets really fun later on.
nanoooooooooo
Taiko :3