forum

What helps you read streams?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZenithPhantasm
I look at the center of the circles. I use dots insteads of numbers.
DT-sama
I play more streams while trying to read them correctly.
Yuudachi-kun
I don't read them. I just press button and get 100.
KanoSet
i count entirely on the beat.. reading the beat is something comes with time
playmoar
EneT

Kheldragar wrote:

I don't read them. I just press button and get 100.
pandaBee
My eyes and my ears.
i press z and x and then i press z and x again and then i press z and x again and then i press z and x again
/thread
Barusamikosu
You generally aren't going to count every circle in a stream (unless you're really talented, then have at it).

If a stream is following the drumline, it's probably going to stop at the end of a measure (I'm not a 'music' person so forgive me if I'm using the wrong word).
If a stream is following the piano, or something else in the song, you just need to follow it until it ends. Having experience with streams in other maps will help you if you're sightreading (playing for the first time).

I don't think it's possible to give any helpful advice other than "play more". Get experience. Make mistakes. Retry until you get it right.
Azucchi
I used to suck at streams but then one day, I did a long stream with full 300s. It just came to me over time, like my subconscious just knew how to stream. Just play more.
winber1
confidence and practice. you need to trust yourself you are going at the right speed in terms of movement and clicking, and practice in order to actually be able to know that you are doing it at the right speed.

and that's why i have no gf
Woobowiz
I read streams by replacing my hit numbers with the letters that spell "S T R E A M I N G"

winber1 wrote:

and that's why i have no gf
You still got plenty of BFs tho :3
totekingsg1
I also had problems with streaming some months ago, and i still sometimes fail at them (although they are not longer my nemesis ;3)

My personal tips are:

1) get faster enough at reading so u can pay more atention to the music instead of looking at the circles.

2) Listen to the music and try to press the key with the music, not with the circle animations, cause they are really confuse, especially at low ar.

3) play a lot of maps with triples on them. At osu!, as u play, u memorize the techniques, so u dont have to improvise the triples, but u do always the same movemente. If u learn to do triples properly, streaming is exactly the same, but longer.

Good luck man. When u learn to stream once, u learn forever, like riding a bike. Trust me.
Lach
Knowing how to count is pretty important. With that knowledge of how each division works you will know which finger to start and end on, which also helps to keep timing and pace. Believe it or not, it's not all about going sanic speed.
GhostFrog
Try playing some slower streams until it makes sense to you.
I Give Up
Reading streams is a matter of learning the bpm, then just guide cursor while mindlessly alternating.

This is easy way to do it:
1. Play 200bpm stream map and die.
2. Go back and practice 200bpm single tap songs.
3. Attempt 200bpm stream map again and win.

This is RSI way to do it:
2. Play same 200bpm stream map and keep dying.
3. Eventually beat it but with shitty acc coz stamina OP.
ZenithPhantasm

KukiMonster wrote:

:^)
SnowflakeStreet
My glasses help me read streams. :^)
Yakuyan
Listening to the song = fingers adjusting to speed = mouse follows
bigfeh
In a few weeks' time I went from not being able to play 5-note bursts to passing shit like calamity fortune

I JUST PLAYED MORE PLAYED MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE OMAREPLRAFDFGJDSNF

and on another note, I read all the notes. Not individually, but you kind of have to read the notes to get the count of clicks you're gonna have to make. This came naturally to me, not sure if that's going to happen to you - I almost never click an extra note or miss the last one.
ZenithPhantasm
Mash face on keyboard for 420bpm streams 8-)

Works best on keyboards with n-key rollover
EneT

KukiMonster wrote:

10/10 best advice, will do so I can brag to everyone I know that I got injured from constantly strangling someone for long periods of time

KukiMonster wrote:

This is jesus1412 way to do it:
fix'd